• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Controller Problems with KH2?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Daniel Curtis

Jeff Gordon
In KH2, obviously, the camera is controlled by the right analog stick. In the original Kingdom Hearts, you could lock on by pushing R1. When you pushed R1 you could switch between enemies by pushing L2 or R2. But i read that in KH2 the right analog stick would not only be the camera, but the way you switch between enemies. Wouldn't that cause some problems?

Angel X

Orally Fixated.
that would be a huge problem...but i dont really think they'd use it for both those controls...u may have got it wrong...

Hokage

Banned
Awards
hope they dont do that even though thats what i heard. it would be kinda hard to rotate the camera while fighting. hmmmmm maybe they have it where u can change the controls a little like changing the button for switching to different enemies . i dont know. good thread

dreamless

Website
www.khguides.com
Kingdom Hearts: R1 Lock-on--- L2 & R2 rotate camera and switch between enemies
Kingdom Hearts II: R1 Lock-on--- R3 (right analog) rotate camera and switch between enemies
That leaves L2 and R2 with a different function. It's just about the same. Besides, when you lock on in battle you usually don't need to rotate the camera. Maybe L2 and R2 rotate the camera while you're locked on to an enemy, leaving R3 to switch between enemies.

Angel X

Orally Fixated.
i just hope that KH2 is not a game where u press all these buttons with LOTS of differing functions...

Hokage

Banned
Awards
me either i want the action to be fluid and dont want the buttons to be getting on my nerves. lol i dont think it will be like that though so i know the battles and controls will be awesome. that was a big problem in KH (camera) and i know Square has put that as a top priority to fix in KH2.

Sora's star

I will not have problems with the controls because I learn all of the controls really fast.If a friend of mine comes to play at my PS2 they don't know a bit on how to handle the controls.

My brother's girlfriend(really dum):,,Sora's star can I play Kingdom Hearts II?"
Me:But I'm in a big fight with these Heartless and Goofy and Donald are dead and I've only got 1 HP left!
My brother's girlfriend:You think that I'm stupid?Give me the joystick!
Me:Oh God no!!!
My brother's girlfriend:*looking at the joystick*Where is the X button?What button do you use to attack?
*5 minutes pass and she doesn't know anything and Sora dies*
Me:NOOOOOOO!!!!!All that hard work!!Why?Why?There where only 5 heartless left.
My brother's girlfriend:Ahhh...oops sorry

RikuOfDarkness

When you're locked onto an enemy, isn't the camera fixed to face that particular enemy? This would stop the camera rotating during lock-on and would leave R3 free to switch enemies.

K-Sora-H

Tender Heart said:
that would be a huge problem...but i dont really think they'd use it for both those controls...u may have got it wrong...

Yea.. and nice sig tender. But uh, maybe they made it to where you click down on the analog stick to switch through enemys.. like you click down and push it to the left... you switch to the enemy to the left... or you read it wrong.

S

sora's protector

your all f*^kwads!!!!! what kh fans would doubt the cONTROLS of KH2!!!!!!!!!:mad:

S King

sora's protector said:
your all f*^kwads!!!!! what kh fans would doubt the cONTROLS of KH2!!!!!!!!!:mad:

Dude... unnecessary violence.

I didn't really have a problem with the camera in KH. And using the right analog stick for camera movement in KH2 would be different, but I thought that the buttons for switiching between enemies would still be R2 and L2.

So, you'd have to use your thunms to switch between the D-pad/Shape buttons, and the analog sticks.
Your index fingers for L1 and R1.
And if you want to, use your middle fingers for L2 and R2 (or just use your index fingers, but I'd doubt you'd have time for that)

LightoftheDark

Ruler of them all!!!
Actually, having the L3 and R3 buttons change lock-on tagets is fairly easy to do. In Devil May Cry 3, L3 is to change lock-on targets, but it also controls your movement. You would think it would be difficult, but it's not. Also, the camera in KH stayed focused on the enemy you had locked-on, so the camera won't move even if you do fumble with the right analog stick while trying to press R3.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back