• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Converting to mp4.

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kingdom2917

Im so cool, I can STILL receive rep
Website
www.myspace.com
I am seriously thinking about buying one of the new 80gb ipod videos, and one of the things for the videos is mp4, can someone explain in the simplest form they can on how to change files into mp4. Im not up on all this tech stuff.

Color Me Evil

versus
Awards
Just try opening the videos with iTunes. They should be automatically converted.

digital gopher

lock the gates
Awards
Website
www.ea.com
no

Some converters are better than others.
A Decent one is "Videora iPod Converter" google that.

Another one that works well came with my ATI card, it's called "ATI AVIVO Video Converter"

I don't usually convert videos much anymore, there could be more, but I'm not sure.

The M.C.

JTTW
woah, a 80gb IPod? i have the 30gb one and im not even close to filling up all the space. putting 80gb in your Ipod also means putting 80gb in your computer.

but as for converting, i didnt know that itunes converts automaticly. how do you do that? whenever i put videos on Itunes it says it cant be imported.

but i used to just DL video converters, but they were trials....

Azurith

Awards
Angels of darkness tread softly in the light.
woah, a 80gb IPod? i have the 30gb one and im not even close to filling up all the space. putting 80gb in your Ipod also means putting 80gb in your computer.

but as for converting, i didnt know that itunes converts automaticly. how do you do that? whenever i put videos on Itunes it says it cant be imported.

but i used to just DL video converters, but they were trials....

You probably imported the video in a incorrect format.. Ipods accept '*.mp4' video, which is what this thread is about. Now, *.mp4 is the second best video compression available today.. the next best thing is DVIX-AVI rips.. and the very best.. are.. '*.vob' (Video Overlay Buffer? I forget sometimes..) Anyways, *.vob are digital DVD files, as they would appear on any normal DVD-video disc. An MP4 file is almost as good as *.vob, but not 'true' DVD quality.

As for converting, if you have NeroBurning ROM.. a recent version of NBR... you are set. It should come with a copy of Nero's Video Editing software, which I used to use for my videos.. the software can import/export MANY MANY varieties of video formats.. Even *.avi, *.mpeg1&2, *.vob, AND *.mp4.. along with alot of others.

So, if you happen to have newer copy of NBR on a cd (they normally come with cd-rw/dvd-rw(dl) drives) check the disc to see if you get an option for 'NeroVision 3' or something similar. That's what you want. All you have to do to convert a video is import it into NV3, select 'edit' and then move the video into the timeline, and export it out as a *.mp4 file.

~~Azurith
Need anything else?

Kingdom2917

Im so cool, I can STILL receive rep
Website
www.myspace.com
Nope, that abouts answers everything. and to the person who said 80gb woah, they have 30gb and not even close to filling it up. well I have about 45gbs of music and 15gb of music videos. And besides you can buy an 80gb on ebay for less then a 30gb at any store.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back