• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Cosplay and costume thread!

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Annoyance

Silver Member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Re: Cosplay thread!

You could probably find the goggles or a maker on etsy or something, Shannon. At the very least, modify some.

Turn

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ~&#
Awards
Website
flavors.me

Those cosplays of yours are awesome Turn, I wish you did the Leonidas thing made me crack the kupo up you seriously should have went around the con dude. And those cosplays would be great for you.
Haha, thank you! I wish I had too, in retrospect. Idr why I didn't. Just bein' a pussy, I guess.

Love Machine

strut strut strut

big image
elite knight armor from Dark Souls

gonna make it with some foam, already got it and some wire mesh

Annoyance

Silver Member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

Haha, thank you! I wish I had too, in retrospect. Idr why I didn't. Just bein' a pussy, I guess.
Having a mask definitely helps dude hahaha.
big image
elite knight armor from Dark Souls

gonna make it with some foam, already got it and some wire mesh
Oh wow good luck. Is that your first cosplay? :eek: Gonna be hard probably.

Love Machine

strut strut strut

Oh wow good luck. Is that your first cosplay? :eek: Gonna be hard probably.

I'm not worried about how long it takes or the difficulty. My art class will help me through it and I've always paid good attention to detail.
yeah just wish me luck lol

Annoyance

Silver Member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

I'm not worried about how long it takes or the difficulty. My art class will help me through it and I've always paid good attention to detail.
yeah just wish me luck lol
That's really helpful, yeah, I actually asked my old art teacher for some help on my cosplay stuff.
Good luck. =w=

Love Machine

strut strut strut

thanks. I'm just getting started on the shoulder so I'll post it once it looks.. postable

Ordeith

Great Old One
Awards

Having used soapsticks for roles onstage, I've always wondered this: Are hair dyes or soapsticks more popular for costume hair? (I've omitted wigs because of the abundance of crazy/impossible hair in cosplay.)

Annoyance

Silver Member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

Having used soapsticks for roles onstage, I've always wondered this: Are hair dyes or soapsticks more popular for costume hair? (I've omitted wigs because of the abundance of crazy/impossible hair in cosplay.)

I personally dyed my hair black for Vriska, but for some reason the dye I used didn't take as well as my first attempt did, probably because of the brand and stuff... But I was actually thinking of getting a wig, and since I recently cut my hair, I definitely need to do that.

What's a soap stick though?

Also why no wigs exactly? People usually go to those BECAUSE of the crazy hair.

Ordeith

Great Old One
Awards

What's a soap stick though?
It's exactly what it says on the package: It's a popsicle-esque stick, coated with a plasticy soap on one end. You wet the soap, run it through your hair, and let it dry. They're mostly used to add gray to hair, but they're also used by clowns, I think.

Annoyance said:
Also why no wigs exactly? People usually go to those BECAUSE of the crazy hair.
Exactly; I was discounting wigs because they're the most prominent hair option, and I was more curious about hair coloring.

Turn

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ~&#
Awards
Website
flavors.me

Dye is the better option, IMO, but it's generally a more complicated process, especially with darker hair (and obviously it's more permanent, unless you're using henna/temporary dyes). Soap sticks don't offer very pretty results, in my experience—ends up looking patchy/inconsistent, which doesn't photograph well or look very nice up close.

Annoyance

Silver Member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

It's exactly what it says on the package: It's a popsicle-esque stick, coated with a plasticy soap on one end. You wet the soap, run it through your hair, and let it dry. They're mostly used to add gray to hair, but they're also used by clowns, I think.

Exactly; I was discounting wigs because they're the most prominent hair option, and I was more curious about hair coloring.
Oh okay. They do have more natural wigs out there, though. Not just ANIMU BIG HAIR STYLES.

But yeah now I know what you mean. Hrm... well, I'd personally rather use hair dye, but since my characters need the animu styled wigs I need to start looking into those. Most of the time, people go to wigs for their cosplays. It really depends on what you're doing.

And yeah, like turn said, I have seen the temporary dyes and it's just... horrible looking, really.

Ordeith

Great Old One
Awards

My thanks for the answers, both of you! I'm not interested in cosplay, but I was curious to know whether soap sticks were used for more than adding touches of gray. I've seen them in some ridiculous colors -- which didn't seem very practical, compared to a wig or hair dye.

Turn

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ~&#
Awards
Website
flavors.me

They'd be used the same way the gray would, no doubt; they're just more popular for stage costumes in general. And I've seen them used for temporary root touch-ups too.

Passion

Silver Member
Awards

So, since I am loaded with things to do (like calc homework) I decided to mess around with my face...
I told myself I wouldn't paint on Harley's mask but I couldn't resist. Granted I have yet to receive my white face paint, but it's a rough idea (just to see if I could pull it off).

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards

I plan on cosplaying as Alan Wake or B. Rabbit because I have everything I need already, I'm hoping for what nets the least insults and self-esteem crushers.

Turn

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ~&#
Awards
Website
flavors.me

god damn turn are you single
i'm whatever you want me to be baby

This is really cute! I agree that a mask would look sleeker/more refined, but this is looking like a viable alternative from here. All I can say is: don't be afraid to ramp up the aesthetic a bit if you end up going in this direction. You don't want it looking too flat.

Last edited:

impart

Climb The Sky

So, since I am loaded with things to do (like calc homework) I decided to mess around with my face...
I told myself I wouldn't paint on Harley's mask but I couldn't resist. Granted I have yet to receive my white face paint, but it's a rough idea (just to see if I could pull it off).

Spoiler Spoiler Show

I did a HQ costume for holloween a few years back, my sis did all my makeup and made my mask, and I bought the jumpsuit
she made my mask out of black Model Magic and we attached it with spirit gum
here is a pic of how it looks

Spoiler Spoiler Show

also, if you are going to use spirit gum to attach the mask for the love of kupo dont get it on your eyebrows, it dosnt like to come off easily

One more thing, on the makeup my sister used Snazaroo face paint its like smudge proof, sweat proof, run proof, and stayed on the whole night, if thats any help

Back