• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Could Naminé end Xehanort without the need for the Seven Guardians of Light?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Nyte_Legion

As we all know, Naminé has the ability to manipulate the memories of Sora and those connected to him. We also saw in the case of the Riku Replica despite being temporary she was able to essentially mind crush him for lack of a better term. Since it's never specifically stated that one has to have a positive connection with Sora in order for her powers to work on that individual. And let's face it, Xehanort has done nothing but forge a connection with Sora through his various incarnations even as far back as Birth by Sleep through Ventus. So could Naminé theoretically end the threat of Xehanort without anyone needing to draw a Keyblade? Obviously this would never happen since Naminé isn't that kind of person and even against her will she would never do this, but it's something that crossed my mind recently and there has yet to be any sort of explanation of just how far she could go with her powers or what their limits are.

Xblade13

The Cleric of Flamesgrace
Awards
As we all know, Naminé has the ability to manipulate the memories of Sora and those connected to him. We also saw in the case of the Riku Replica despite being temporary she was able to essentially mind crush him for lack of a better term. Since it's never specifically stated that one has to have a positive connection with Sora in order for her powers to work on that individual. And let's face it, Xehanort has done nothing but forge a connection with Sora through his various incarnations even as far back as Birth by Sleep through Ventus. So could Naminé theoretically end the threat of Xehanort without anyone needing to draw a Keyblade? Obviously this would never happen since Naminé isn't that kind of person and even against her will she would never do this, but it's something that crossed my mind recently and there has yet to be any sort of explanation of just how far she could go with her powers or what their limits are.

I once had a very similar idea myself, and it involved Sora letting Xehanort possess him. This would forge the most direct link possible, and then Naminé could use that connection against Xehanort. This could even be a way to free Terra from Xehanort's influence, break the heart pieces within each vessel (Marluxia hinted that Naminé had the ability to erase memories, and thus shatter hearts), or weaken Xehanort to open him up for a final blow.

I don't think it's going to happen per se, but it would be an interesting concept. Xehanort as of KHIII doesn't seem to acknowledge Naminé as much of a threat, which can either mean he is underestimating her, or he knows she won't do it. That'd be a cool way for her to play one of the most pivotal roles in defeating him once and for all.

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
If the other Guardians are down for the count as the last trailer implied then I do think Namine will play a big part in Xehanort's defeat. She could be considered the wildcard since Nomura is still hiding her after all this time. Either using her powers against the old man as the OP implied or more in a supportive role for Sora(and possibly Kairi)

*TwilightNight*

Bronze Member
Awards
Naminè is powerful. She could literally turn the tide to one side depending on who gets her because of her abilities.

There's so many ways they can utilize her powers that can serve a plot purpose. At the end of the day though, that's up to Nomura to decide how she's going to be used, if at all.

We can say this: her power can be as limitless as the series needs it to be. The only inhibitor thus far is her lack of knowledge about other aspects of her abilities (like frying Riku Replica, she looked to be shocked) and her own hesitance in further exploring what she can do because of the danger it implies. She shares these thoughts with Roxas.

"But I don't know why I have this power...I just do. I'm not even sure there is a right way for me to use it."

Last edited:

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards
No, Namine is not close to Xehanort. Even if she is close to those who are close to Ventus, her affiliation with Xehanort is non-existent.

Elysium

Be Wiser Than the Serpent
Awards
I'd love for Namine to end Xehanort all on her own, but I know that's not going to happen. Right now, we'll be lucky if she has any role at all.

kaseykockroach

Awards
Xehanort: I have the powers of darkness!

Namine: I've got a loaded gun.

Xehanort:...Well, that's different.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back