• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Could there ever be a KHI app?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

KingdomKurdistan

Awards
As in a mobile port?

You would think so, right? Would be nice.

But if folks have PTSD from KH3 going multiplatform then I'm deeply concerned for what happens when KH1 is suddenly playable on billions of devices at once.

Edit: woooooosh

Last edited:

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
As in a mobile port?

You would think so, right? Would be nice.

But if folks have PTSD from KH3 going multiplatform then I'm deeply concerned for what happens when KH1 is suddenly playable on billions of devices at once.
I think what @Willow A113 was referring to when they mentioned "KHI" was "KHInsider" and not the first KH title, haha.

But in terms of a KHInsider app, yeah, I think they should consider it.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
We thought about it in the past. It would require hiring an app developer...Maybe if enough people show interest, I could float the idea around?

It would just be a container for the website if we did do it...hm...

Willow A113

Awards
We thought about it in the past. It would require hiring an app developer...Maybe if enough people show interest, I could float the idea around?

It would just be a container for the website if we did do it...hm...
I would love one. Maybe you could make a poll asking how many people would be interested.

KingdomKurdistan

Awards
There are apps that do this already, no? I'm pretty sure clients exist that work with XenForo.

Recon

Art of War
Awards
Honestly, I think the mobile site is just fine. Plasmos is probably reading this fumin’ xD

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
There are apps that do this already, no? I'm pretty sure clients exist that work with XenForo.

Yes, but we would also want to integrate our main site to the app as well. That would require a bit more extra work.

Honestly, I think the mobile site is just fine. Plasmos is probably reading this fumin’ xD

An app would actually still display the forum themes!

2 quid is good

Awards
I mostly use KHI on my phone browser, and it's great, very snappy and barely a downgrade from the desktop version. To be honest an app would probably not be seeing a lot of use from me personally because I just hate having bloat on my sd card

maryadavies

She Shoots for the Stars
Awards
Website
maryadavies.vze.com
I know there's Tapatalk but I don't bother with it myself. Heck, that's mostly the only game in town if you want a ready made app, but I think plasmos would start saying some dirty words about it since it may not be easy to enable.

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
To be honest, I always remember what a Marketing professor told us in Graduate School: with access to faster internet speeds and optimized browser experience, the advantage that applications had in terms of speed of connectivity doesn't exist anymore. Reason as to why brands and stores have websites and applications that coexist. I personally use Web Amazon and not just the app.

But an application is something KHI should look as a very long term project.

Back