• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Craptacular Works of Nami

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Nami

usually not funny
I figure I might's well post some of my own art. A masochistic move on my part. Soup's on, boys and girls.

Introducing.

My main OC, Beatrice...
6yidxx.png

... and her brother, Raphael.
2mytdgw.png

Yeah, I know. Her scythe is impossibly long and not technically use-able. Whaaatever. This is Umbris & R.O.G.E.
ou9xn8.png

My Fire Emblem fancharacter. Meow.
fctu9c.png

AAAAND there's more on the way sometime soon.

LongLiveLife

Bronze Member
The first two are really good. You have a really unique style, and are especially good with facial expressions.

I like this; continue to post more!

Lancelot

It's the only NEET thing to do.
Awards
I'm quite liking the headshots here. The facial expression of Beatrice is wonderful, and of course Raphael is looking rather menacing there, as I assume he is generally meant to be. Umbris is quite nice too, and reminds me or Metis/Aegis from Persona 3 in the design and scythe, which actually suits rather well. And with Commander... is it Versz? My apologies if it's wrong, but anyway, the skin toning is brilliant, and obviously gives it such a nicer feel. A bit of light shading on the clothing could go quite a way, as well, but judging by the fact that you've left them mostly white, I'm assuming you didn't want to ruin that feel. The facial features and hair remind me so much of Milly from Code Geass, but that's just me. Keep it up!

Mistearea

Fear the Mist
Shifting through the spaces like only Mist can.
Shinkirō;5264689 said:
I'm quite liking the headshots here. The facial expression of Beatrice is wonderful, and of course Raphael is looking rather menacing there, as I assume he is generally meant to be. Umbris is quite nice too, and reminds me or Metis/Aegis from Persona 3 in the design and scythe, which actually suits rather well. And with Commander... is it Versz? My apologies if it's wrong, but anyway, the skin toning is brilliant, and obviously gives it such a nicer feel. A bit of light shading on the clothing could go quite a way, as well, but judging by the fact that you've left them mostly white, I'm assuming you didn't want to ruin that feel. The facial features and hair remind me so much of Milly from Code Geass, but that's just me. Keep it up!

How can anyone follow this?! He quite litterally says it all! Be it good or bad, we can't say it because this guy already has!

Aside from that, the art is amazing. I'm partial to profile pics myself so automatically that makes the first two my favorites. The only part that gets to me though is the extended and strangely curvy neck of Raphael(I think I spelled that right.

Nami

usually not funny
Oh shi- Thanks for the constructive critisizm here. Last time I posted my crap here, it was just... insulted. I appreciate it very much.
And to be specific;

@Shinkiro: I never expected my artwork to be complemented with such depth. Thank you so much! I'll definetly get to work on shading a little more in the future. And honestly, you made my day.

@Dark: Thanks, man. And you know, the more I look at Raphael's picture the more I begin to realize what you mean by a weird, curvy neck. I'll definetly work on that and get some more profile pictures up in the near future. In the meantime, I did a few quick doodles:

Vaul demands more Raph!
i_can__t_contain_myself_by_123fallohme-d2y8muc.png

Just as I post this I realize how large her arms are. Of course. Anyway, this is Nami. (Hurrhurr.)
everytime_i_touch_that_track_by_123fallohme-d2y8mz1.png

The the left we have Sakura, and to the right we have Kyou. No relation to eachother whatsoever, but I thought having my two angel characters in one picture would save everybody some time. I'm not particularily proud of how it turned out (especially not Kyou. His face looks wrong...), but I want to showcase as many of my characters as I can.
fabula_pro_angelus_by_123fallohme-d2y8o2o.png

Ahaa! Here we have Bunny. Shapeshifter and the most creatively named character out there.
bunbun_by_123fallohme-d2y8occ.png

Another work I'm not very proud of. Uunoa and her coin-operated-boy, Mi02169001239087ko, or just Miko for short.
fix_my_toy_by_123fallohme-d2y8okn.png

AAAnd as we come up to the last spot in our tour, we see Emillere McCloud. My character for a roleplay on this exact forum. No flash photography, please.
emillere___emily___mccloud_by_123fallohme-d2y8oqc.png

LongLiveLife

Bronze Member
The fourth, fifth and the sixth are beautiful; they capture the desired emotion perfectly.

The first, however, is not very well done. The shoulders are too sharp and too narrow, and the face looks extremely disproportionate. The other two are pretty average for me.

Kiba

Ours is the Fury
Awards
Craptastic? I think not! Give yourself more credit Nami. You're art is really good. If you want any cnc I'd say work on proportion. Other than that they are really, very nice. :) My faves are the first two.

Nami

usually not funny
Darndest quality fail. I moved my printer up to my room and installed it onto this computer, and for some reason the quality is severely worsened and ruined it. I managed to resize it and it looks a lot smoother now.

IT'S BORIS!<3
OMFG BORIS.<3

iogsqv.png

LongLiveLife

Bronze Member
Loving the facial expression, the texture of his hair and the shading. This is exactly the kind of depth, darkness, and detail I like to see in a sketch. I really, really like his colar bones.

If anything could be improved, it would be the body proportions; the hips are much too wide for the shoulders, in my opinion.

MosesMohs

You have a talent. These are amazingly drawn, and the facial expressions amaze me. You've got a true talent for drawing faces. Just need to work on the body--especially the hands. One of the first things I noticed. The face has such shape and dimension. As my eyes look down to the hands, I feel like it is turns back into a drawing.
I love the one of Kyou and Sakura, along with Beatrice and Raphael.

Mistearea

Fear the Mist
Shifting through the spaces like only Mist can.
If anything could be improved, it would be the body proportions; the hips are much too wide for the shoulders, in my opinion.

Hmm. It could just be a type of illusion. The way that I see it is that his lower portion is jutting out to show a type of attitude. And taking notice of the animal ears and tail, it would most likely be a showing of genitals to try and attract a mate. Then again, that all depends on how much of his animal instincts he has.

Curse my random research for RP! I learn too much!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back