• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Create A Boss

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sdog

Awards
With all these what should be or ideas for next saga threads floating around I wanted to contribute. But I got to thinking about bosses I've always wanted in Kingdom Hearts. And I thought, create a boss! So who's the character?How would their mechanics work? Any special rewards for defeating them?

There's a lot of characters I'd want to be boss fights in KH, too many in fact. But I'll stick to one for now...

Spoiler Spoiler Show

The amount of tension in her boss fight from FFX was vehement beyond belief for me, and when I finally defeated her it was a rewarding exhale of relief.

It would be a great 'phase' boss fight where she could alternate between her many forms once you get her down to a certain amount of health, and even introduce summons many have been wanting in KH for a long while now (we looking at you Bahamut). She could even cast that dreaded zombie status, that would probably have to be timed in order to work for KH combat, where if you try to heal instant K.O.

And the reward for beating her? Bahamut summon =p or Yojimbo

What boss fights would you like or perhaps secret boss and how you would unlock that fight?

MegaCore5

Awards
I know this will be a very unpopular opinion but here goes.
Spoiler Spoiler Show

So first off I'd like to say that I understand that most people don't like Genesis because he was a boring character and whatever (I personally thought he was fantastic but anyways...) but I'd like to point out that his battle skills were way past cool! This is why I'd like to see him in KH3 with the role of a secret boss (or maybe be a seed in Olympus Colosseum if that were to return). He would main with his fire skills and aerial sword attacks, using Ignite to slowly knock off your heath as he continues to evade your attacks, waiting for the opportunity to strike when your guard is down.

Once he is beaten your reward would be "The Gift of the Goddess", a Keyblade with a similar colors to Minerva, the goddess Genesis hopes to be with. The key chain bears a Banora White Apple, the symbol of Genesis' childhood. Combo plus is this Keyblade's bonus effect. It has long reach and great magic stats but has less to offer in terms of strength.

Last edited:

FudgemintGuardian

Moist with roistering
Awards
Obligatory wanting of Gilgamesh.
I'd want him to just randomly show up in some worlds, looking for Excalibur, but each time finds an Excalipoor. Each encounter having an obligatory fight, with each getting slightly tougher than the last and each time you beat him you're "rewarded" with the Excalipoor he just found.
And then...the last fight with him reveals that all the Excalipoor are really Excalibur broken up. Then the Excalipoors merge and everything gets all magical and swirly, and...
It's a Keyblade. Who chooses Sora as it's wielder. No happy ending for Gilgamesh. I'm mean. But, hey, Excalibur Keyblade!

I know this will be a very unpopular opinion but here goes.
Spoiler Spoiler Show

I wouldn't mind Genesis that much as long as; 1: he wears a version of his concept outfit.
Spoiler Spoiler Show
And 2: he gets a badass Heartless version of Genesis Avatar

Last edited:

Gram

Banned
Awards
I had my own idea but after those two posts concerning Genesis I forgot it. xD
I didn't mind Genesis myself in Crisis Core so him being a boss, especially with Fudgemint's ideas, would be epic.

kuraudoVII

D'oh, I missed!
Awards
These are some pretty good ideas thus far. I've been thinking up of particular boss fights since I got the Final Fantasy X/X-2 and I am glad to see that I am not the only one that wants to fight Yunalesca.

Anyway, while there are several fights going through my head, there are two in particular that I would love to have:
Spoiler Spoiler Show

Seymour Guado.

One of the more interesting ideas that I have involves the inclusion of Atlantis as a world for Sora and company to go to. While there, the events of the original plot intertwine with the villains of that movie teaming up with Organization XIII to take over Atlantis and achieve their goals. However, Seymour will act as a monkey wrench essentially doing things for and against all sides to further his own ends. His first fight will simply be a regular battle, but when you face off again, you will be thrust into a boss battle with "Fight With Seymour" playing as the BGM. Upon defeat, he will retreat to be fought over in other worlds while Rourke and Helga are consumed by the Darkness and Young Master Xehanort is busy squaring off against Riku.

The next boss is:
Spoiler Spoiler Show

Terra Branford.

For this one, I wanted something a little different this time. Many people are assuming that Frozen will be in Kingdom Hearts III. If that is the case, I can see a rather interesting scenario that plays during the initial visit. Before Elsa departs, there will be people in her coronation ceremony. These people will include people like Mickey, Riku, Sora, Donald and Goofy, but they will also feature Terra under the influence of Kefka's slave crown. When she flees, she goes on to make her own palace, etc. When Riku and Mickey arrive on the scene, they see Terra and Elsa fighting. Terra is still being controlled and needs to be stopped, but Elsa is not listening to reason and is simply trying to take her out. As a result, we are thrust into a battle where both Riku and Mickey are forced to fight BOTH Elsa and Terra who are still trying to take each other out while ensuring that Mickey and Riku don't interfere. What is interesting for this battle is that you will gain access to one of two items during this battle depending on which one you defeat first. You will still get the other item near the end of the world; this battle just determines which item you get first.

digimikej

Awards
My Boss fight would definitely be The Beast. He is really freaking strong, so strong that A:he just appeared at hollow bastion even though his world was lost to darkness and he had no right to be there because "I have to find Belle" and B:Xaldin desperately wanted him as a Heartless/nobody, because of how strong Beast is. It would either be a basic cameo fight at the end of a tournament, Like Leon and Yuffie, or he could finally go postal because someone did something dumb at his castle. I dunno, I just REALLY want to fight Beast again, and this time, I want him to be in his right mind.

Sdog

Awards
Would love to have a a go at the beast again while Clogsworth isn't yammering at anyone. Imagine he he had an enrage phase where he goes, dare I say it, Beast mode... O yea...

digimikej

Awards
Would love to have a a go at the beast again while Clogsworth isn't yammering at anyone. Imagine he he had an enrage phase where he goes, dare I say it, Beast mode... O yea...
he is the only disney character, other than yen sid, maleficent and mickey, who is worth a damn power level wise. I would explain why i didnt add donald or goofy, but I lost my gif of riku-ansem pimp smacking donald in KH1.

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
OK, I'm gonna be here a while.

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Spoiler Spoiler Show

I'm spent, it's getting late for me. I'll cover new Disney bosses, Disney heroes, & misc. later.

Sdog

Awards
Love the enthusiasm and creativity Matgsy! And that Maleficent battle sounds beyond epic with the multiple scores for the phases.

kuraudoVII

D'oh, I missed!
Awards
Love the enthusiasm and creativity Matgsy! And that Maleficent battle sounds beyond epic with the multiple scores for the phases.

Agreed, the Maleficent battle would be an absolute dream to play.

Anyway, I thought that I might add a little more here. This time around, I am theorizing on several boss battles that I envision could occur during the early part of the game where you can control Kairi who is still playing catch-up with Sora and Riku. What's interesting here is that these people were featured prominently in Radiant Garden in Kingdom Hearts II and might have even known Kairi to some extent while she was still living in there and played a role within her life before she was abducted by Xehanort. While they are not related to her, they do act as proxies for these roles.

These guys will have recently arrived at the tower in order to mentor her and test her in battle. The characters also act as foils somewhat to Sora, Donald and Goofy.

The fights will also be held in the Mysterious Tower in an room that can morph itself into a new area based on memory similar to Castle Oblivion's rooms. They will also incorporate co-op if there is a second controller to control the other teammate. Otherwise if there is only one controller connected, it will be similar to how Riku is playable in the final battle against Xemnas in Kingdom Hearts II only you can switch between the two on the fly.

While I seriously doubt that the writers and the developers would take this route, I thought it'd be interesting to pretend, so...
Spoiler Spoiler Show

Merlin the Wizard.

One of the most interesting characters in the series. Without a doubt, he is quite possibly one of the few significant characters, let alone fighters, from the Disney side of the crossover. With this battle, Kairi will team up with Donald Duck seeing as both he and Merlin are skilled in magic (and, if memory serves, Merlin had taught Donald magic in the first place).

While this is during the early part of the game, he will still be throwing strong magical spells at you and, as Kairi, you must be able to fight with Donald to counteract Merlin's attacks. This will be somewhat similar to the Phanton fight except that the game will instruct you on which spells to use. As Donald, you can cast magic spells and use the Limit Break "Fantasia."

Music used: An orchestral version of "That's What Makes the World Go Round."

Area used: Right outside of his house in Radiant Garden.

Relationship to Kairi: Perhaps as a kindly old man/grandfather figure who Kairi always went to when she wanted answers to questions that her grandmother could not answer. Referred to simply as Merlin.
Spoiler Spoiler Show

Scrooge McDuck.

This is a fun boss. Scrooge will be utilizing his cane/Pogo stick/whatever in order to fight. If you guys have played the Ducktales games made by Capcom, then this should be easy to follow. That being said, Scrooge will be mostly on the defensive seeing as this is an early boss scaled to the players' current ability. To that end, Scrooge's foil that will be helping Kairi will be Goofy.

While the fight may be simple, it will still be fun as the keyblade's abilities to morph it into different things can play a role in the fight (i.e.: create a shield, become a rocket launcher a la Terra and etc.). As Goofy, you are able to use his abilities in from the numbered titles and use the absurdly broken Limit Break "Knocksmash."

Also, spoiler alert, but there will be a separate boss battle where Kairi will fight him as Darkwing Duck to see how far along she has come. I just haven't ironed out the scenario yet.

Music used: Either the original or an orchestral rendition of the Ducktales theme song.

Area used: The Gardens from Birth by Sleep.

Relationship to Kairi: A cool uncle who always gives her free ice cream and is eager to what about what she did that day. Referred to as Uncle Scrooge.
Spoiler Spoiler Show

Cloud Strife.

Arguably my most cut and dry example here in regards to a boss battle. If you played the first Kingdom Hearts game and fought Cloud in the preliminaries at the Olympus Colosseum, then you have this boss fight figured out. To the surprise of absolutely no one, Cloud's foil for this battle is Sora. Cloud will naturally spam his Sonic Raves and his Limit Breaks from the original game "Climhazard, Meteorain etc.) as well as fly around by sprouting his one demonic looking wing (yeah, remember that?) which will look kinda weird in his Advent Children design, but whatever.

As Kairi, it is imperative to use the Guard ability (and, depending on the whole sword/shield/rod thing from the numbered titles, Counterattack) to block his attacks and then find an opening similar to his fights in the numbered titles. As Sora, you have access to some of your abilities from previous games while training in the Sleeping Worlds and can use a limit break that is a lower level form of Faith with Kairi.

Music used: The Black Mages' cover of "Those Who Fight Further."

Area used: Since this is meant to be hypothetical, I'll go with the ruins of the Radiant Garden equivalent of Nibelheim or something.

Relationship to Kairi: Perhaps as sort of older brother sort of figure. Referred to as Big Brother, Spikey and Cloud.

I'll probably have more coming up soon.

EDIT: Yes, I know that Scrooge isn't Darkwing Duck. That was an idiot moment on my part.

Last edited:

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
Also, spoiler alert, but there will be a separate boss battle where Kairi will fight him as Darkwing Duck to see how far along she has come. I just haven't ironed out the scenario yet.
Er, what? Darkwing isn't Scrooge, his real name is Drake Mallard. Interesting idea to give Kairi sparring opponents, though I think she should have at least 1 for realz battle.

Ever since BBS, I've had this idea for a Vanitas spin-off game. The base concept being a game from the villains' POV. Maleficent & Pete serve as his main party member, making the party a dark reflection of SDG. Game mechanics include minion summoning (unverse, goons, the weasels from Prince & the Pauper) & Boss Drive which turns the party member into his "boss form" (dual-wielding VS, Dragon, Captain Dark). Guest villains also use these mechanics as well. Vanitas himself would have a unique ability to switch between keyblade & Soul Eater on the fly. The former being more effective against heartless, the latter stronger on non-heartless enemies.

Never had the story completely thought out, there was the "disney arc" that was more or less finished in my head but the circumstances of Vanitas's return & his character arc hadn't really been figured out (though DDD helped with a few ideas). Anyway here are are the non-heartless boss I dreamed up for it (I've already expended my heartless concepts).

Spoiler Spoiler Show

After this I don't know, I don't have an ending.

Shogo-Kun

Awards
I would like to see a Heartless boss fight where it continues on the whole "What Measure Is A Non-Human?" aspect the games have been pushing lately. More specifically, something like a Heartless that still has some semblance of it's humanity left in it.

Picture this: Sora, Donald and Goofy stumble across a rouge Heartless that is begging to be killed. It immediately senses Sora's Keyblade and proceeds to attack the party. It mutters something, but you can't quite make it out. The fight begins and as the battle progresses, you have to string the broken message together as you fight through the various stages. Upon the final stage of the battle, you complete the message (which would be something like "Save Me") and you must choose what you want to do regarding the message. Before you deal the final blow, you are given two options: Purify or Reject. This is where things would get interesting as depending on your choice the story within the game deviates accordingly (taking elements from Visual Novels games, i.e.: The Walking Dead or Fate/Stay Night).

If you choose Purify, the Heartless in question becomes indebted to you and becomes a new summon. If you choose Reject, the Heartless disappears into nothingness and the Heart descends into darkness, something that will come back to haunt you later in the game.

Just a thought. Take it as you will.

kuraudoVII

D'oh, I missed!
Awards
Er, what? Darkwing isn't Scrooge, his real name is Drake Mallard. Interesting idea to give Kairi sparring opponents, though I think she should have at least 1 for realz battle.

Ever since BBS, I've had this idea for a Vanitas spin-off game. The base concept being a game from the villains' POV. Maleficent & Pete serve as his main party member, making the party a dark reflection of SDG. Game mechanics include minion summoning (unverse, goons, the weasels from Prince & the Pauper) & Boss Drive which turns the party member into his "boss form" (dual-wielding VS, Dragon, Captain Dark). Guest villains also use these mechanics as well. Vanitas himself would have a unique ability to switch between keyblade & Soul Eater on the fly. The former being more effective against heartless, the latter stronger on non-heartless enemies.

Never had the story completely thought out, there was the "disney arc" that was more or less finished in my head but the circumstances of Vanitas's return & his character arc hadn't really been figured out (though DDD helped with a few ideas). Anyway here are are the non-heartless boss I dreamed up for it (I've already expended my heartless concepts).

Spoiler Spoiler Show

After this I don't know, I don't have an ending.

Woops, my bad. This is what happens when you haven't had much of a chance to watch the show in nearly twenty years and have been awake with only three hours of sleep prior. Anyway, I'm glad you liked the idea of Kairi having boss fights, she's been given the shaft for too long.

Anyways, I really liked the idea of the Vanitas spin-off game. The boss fights seem really awesome and I like the variety in all of them as well. You've got fights with The Horned King, Genie, Squall, Sora and co. and even Mickey in the mix while still coming up with some good explanations for why they are there.

anniinan

I would like to see a Heartless boss fight where it continues on the whole "What Measure Is A Non-Human?" aspect the games have been pushing lately. More specifically, something like a Heartless that still has some semblance of it's humanity left in it.

Picture this: Sora, Donald and Goofy stumble across a rouge Heartless that is begging to be killed. It immediately senses Sora's Keyblade and proceeds to attack the party. It mutters something, but you can't quite make it out. The fight begins and as the battle progresses, you have to string the broken message together as you fight through the various stages. Upon the final stage of the battle, you complete the message (which would be something like "Save Me") and you must choose what you want to do regarding the message. Before you deal the final blow, you are given two options: Purify or Reject. This is where things would get interesting as depending on your choice the story within the game deviates accordingly (taking elements from Visual Novels games, i.e.: The Walking Dead or Fate/Stay Night).

If you choose Purify, the Heartless in question becomes indebted to you and becomes a new summon. If you choose Reject, the Heartless disappears into nothingness and the Heart descends into darkness, something that will come back to haunt you later in the game.

Just a thought. Take it as you will.

I understand this aspect, but somehow I find it a bit too creepy and dark. Reminds me a bit of zombies (i absolutely hate zombies) and I think it's too dark, even though KH is heading towards a darker feeling.

I don't know, it would make me feel really bad and leave me KH traumatized. :D

kuraudoVII

D'oh, I missed!
Awards
So lately, I have been listening to the soundtrack for Dissidia Duodecim as well as the soundtrack for the first Dissidia game. While there are a couple of ideas that are coming to me, the one that sticks out the most are these fights involving the Dwarf Woodlands. So without further ado, allow me to tap into my inner Mario and say, "Let's a go!"
Spoiler Spoiler Show

Garland - Round I

As many of you know, Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs the first animated movie in Disney's repertoire. If this world has to come at all, I want it to be the first Princess of Heart world that we get to visit (note that it doesn't mean that it has to be the first world we go to after the start of the game).

So what does any of this have to do with Garland? Well, Garland is the first boss in the first game in the Final Fantasy series. As a result, I deem it fitting that he not only appear in this world, but that he also happens to reprise his role as the first boss of this world. Anyway, what I am expecting is that Garland teams up with the Evil Queen Grimhilde so that he can use the Mirror to capture Princess Sarah. To that end, he is helping the Evil Queen in capturing Snow White for a chance to use the mirror.

Here, Garland initiates the fight. It's not particularly difficult, but he hits like a diddly truck and has some surprisingly good coverage in terms of attacks. At the very least, he will not hesitate to use his Blaze attack (if you played the Dissidia games, you may remember what that is). His weapon is long and can also be used as a whip to stop Sora and co. from attacking. Here is a clip of some of his moves in the Dissidia games.

After he is defeated, he will declare that he merely wished to test the might of a keyblade warrior and run off saying that he has his own errands to do. Goofy discovers that he dropped something. The item that you get from this is a Defense Up.

Music used: Battle Scene (Arranged) from Final Fantasy I; specifically, the Dissidia cover
Spoiler Spoiler Show

The Warrior of Light Mannequin

Since this is all hypothetical, I envision Sora and co. having to protect Snow White from a mannequin. This mannequin has been searching for her for an as yet unknown purpose, but it is relentless in its pursuit. Luckily in this case, Sora, Donald and Goofy are not alone for this battle. While the dwarfs are doing everything that they can to protect Snow White, the Warrior of Light himself decides to drop in after deducing that Garland was right nearby not too long before.

For this battle, the mannequin of the Warrior of Light operates just like the regular Warrior of Light does (yes, I am aware that the Warrior of Light himself is a perfect mannequin, but I worded it like this to make it a bit simpler to follow). Anyway, both he and the Warrior of Light fight exactly the same way and fight just like they did in the Dissidia games. Here is a clip of some of his moves for those that are curious.

Anyway, the battle ends, the others then discover via Young Master Xehanort that Queen Grimhilde merely used the mannequin's bloodlust to distract the others while she herself attempts to kidnap her. Unfortunately, not only did the battle end faster than she anticipated, but Snow White herself finally uses some of her princess powers to repel her instead, forcing the queen and Young Master Xehanort to escape. Sora, Donald and Goofy give chase, but not before the Warrior of Light inquires about the crystals. The trio, having no clue what the crystals even are, are simply perplexed leaving the Warrior of Light to apologize for bothering them and thanking them for helping him take down the mannequin. He then gives Sora some new armor.

Music used: Cosmos

Spoiler Spoiler Show

The Evil Queen - Round I

A regular Disney boss! Huzzah! Queen Grimhilde uses one of her potions to gain the ability to fight somewhat on par with the likes of Jafar and Maleficent. As a result, I can see her using some a lot of magic spells that hit pretty hard for this stage of the game. Anyway, for this battle, Sora and co. team up with the Prince (yeah, he's actually going to do something other than kiss the girl for once). There will be reaction commands for this battle, but they operate more along the lines of how they did in Birth by Sleep where they weren't completely spammable and weren't necessary to defeat the boss. The first reaction command involves having Sora and Donald reflect certain spells of hers against her while the second one involves the Prince distracting the Queen from the front so that Sora can strike from behind. Meanwhile, the Queen herself will spend the battle firing spells and teleporting all over the place.

Music used: Some new Disney boss track that Yoko Shimomura composed

The Queen looks like she is down for the count...
Spoiler Spoiler Show

The Evil Queen and Garland - Round II

Turns out that what you fought was merely an copy created by the Magic Mirror who has come back under duress of the Evil Queen. Sora, Donald, Goofy and the Prince enter the main throne room only to stumble upon both the Queen and Garland there with the latter already duking it out with the Warrior of Light. Sora, Prince and co. get ready to fight Queen Grimhilde, but Garland intervenes blocking one of Donald's spells with his weapon. The two then decide to tag-team against the four and the Warrior of Light. Right before, the Evil Queen screams that Snow White's beauty will perish and that she would be "The fairest in the land!" while Garland proclaims his superiority over the heroes and then yells, "I, GARLAND, WILL KNOCK YOU ALL DOWN!"

As like before, the fights are very similar except now both of them are attacking you and both of them hit harder than they had before. This time around, you get to fight with FIVE party members: Sora, Donald, Goofy, the Prince and the Warrior of Light. The Prince still has his reaction command ready with Sora against the Evil Queen while the Warrior of Light has a reaction command with Sora where both use Rune Saber.

Anyway, both are defeated with the Evil Queen disappearing once again and Garland says a couple of things that seem to hint at the fact that he and the Warrior of Light have been fighting for ages. He then warps away leaving the heroes somewhat confused, but relieved that the fight is over.

However, Young Master Xehanort appears on last time and proclaims that trying to protect Snow White is meaningless since the true Organization XIII still need her for the formation of the X-blade. He then also reveals that he was the one that suggested to Garland and Queen Grimhilde that they should join team up if they wanted to get what they want. He states that while it was interesting, the team up proved to be a failure since the Evil Queen was too vain to realize that she was in a losing battle to walk away while she still could without getting herself too injured while Garland was considered too chaotic to follow through on the Organization's desires. Sora outright tells him to shut up and say that he has done nothing but taunt him since his appearance in the Sleeping Worlds. He merely smirks and leaves.

The party begins to take their leave. The Prince goes back to Snow White while the Warrior of Light goes off to do Warrior of Light things. Before he goes, he gives Sora a summon. It's the one we've all been wanting since the first game: Bahamut!

Also, remember where Young Master Xehanort said that Garland was too chaotic? Let's just say that it is a hint for a future entry in here...

Music used: Chaos Shrine from Final Fantasy I; specifically the one from Dissidia Duodecim

Last edited:

kuraudoVII

D'oh, I missed!
Awards
Okay, so this thread hasn't had any activity in a while, so I'd figure I'd bump it up with some more boss battles to show off.

Over the past couple of days now, I've been thinking of the Olympus Colosseum and the potential that can still be tapped into the world. After all, we haven't even come into Thebes or Mount Olympus at all in any of the games thus far (that one area in Birth by Sleep does'nt count). This was coupled by an earlier thread pontificating on who Hades' next lackey could possibly be. What you'll see here below is the result:

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Random Heartless boss

Upon arriving near the Colosseum Gates, our intrepid heroes Sora, Donald and Goofy hear loud screams coming from the arena. Rushing there, they see Hercules trying to tackle a Heartless boss trying to attack. While Meg and Phil are busy evacuating everyone else out, Sora and co. decide to assist Hercules in "taking out the trash." The boss fairly strong with arms that can extend in a similar vein to Majin Buu from Dragon Ball Z. Its magic repertoire includes darker versions of spells such as Thundara, Meteor and even Mine Square. The Heartless doesn't really have any feet, but can float around the arena. Imagine the Parasite Cage except it has the head of a Wyvern and the torso of a Darkside.

Hercules will come equipped with a new Limit Break where he and Sora tag team with him punching and kicking whilst Sora shoots arrows with his keyblade. It culminates in Hercules throwing Sora and having Sora perform a Zentetsuken with Hercules immediately following up with a Goblin Punch.

After the battle is over, Hades appears and taunts the heroes for taking so long in taking the Heartless out. He then questions whether or not Hercules and the others are worthy of being considered heroes. Hercules naturally retorts that they have already been deemed worthy because the gods have already created constellations of them in the sky and that, more importantly, they always do whatever they can to help those in need. Hades continues to be the snarky jerk that we all know and love and then just leaves.

Music used: Preferably a new Heartless boss battle track

Location: The Colosseum arena that we've all been to in nearly every single game

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Zeus

Yes, you read that right! We're up against the Chief god of Mount Olympus himself! After Hades disappeared, Pegasus appears and looks distraught. Phil and Meg then reappear with Hermes who implores the party to go to Mount Olympus to talk to Zeus about an important matter. They arrive in Mount Olympus and have a quite chat with Zeus. Zeus claims that Hades was using his powers to force something into his command. When Hercules asks if that something was the Heartless they faced, he reveals that the Heartless wasn't controlled by Hades, but by someone else. He then turns to Sora and co. and says, "I've asked the three of you here for one particular reason. The person that controlled that Heartless was someone that concerns you deeply - a being that claimed to be part of what he called the true Organization XIII."

From here, Hercules then asks about what Hades' minion was and what it would do. To that, Zeus said that there was one more person that needed to be here before answering that question. "In the meantime," he jovially bellows, "what say I see for myself what you all can do!"

At this point, he decides to attack and the battle begins. Zeus, for this battle, will be fighting more as a Mighty Glacier: he's fairly slow, but his attacks hit like a truck. He OPENS the battle by hurling a giant thunderbolt at the party that they need to either dodge or guard against. While he may be slow on his feet, he does have the power to teleport, though he thankfully doesn't indulge in this too often. Like Hercules, he'll often use physical attacks, but will also have liberal use of giant thunderbolts and Thunder-based spells. On the hardest difficulty setting (Critical), he'll even have access to Thunder Surge.

Once his health is down to only one bar, he'll begin to charge up a Super Lightning Bolt and hurl it at the party. At this point, you'll be required to use the reaction command to block it and have Hercules hurl it right back. Zeus then swats it and the fighters end up in a tennis game of sorts against the boss (think of the fight against Agahnim from The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past). Do this until about the third time when Zeus accidentally lets the last one hit him for victory.

Music used: an orchestral and boss theme oriented version of "I Can Go the Distance"

As the battle draws to a close, Auron appears and Zeus then debriefs them on who Hades was using. Zeus reveals that it was an aeon. Auron's eyes sharpen upon hearing this as Zeus says that he somehow used his powers as the Lord of the Dead to summon Braska's Final Aeon. Since Auron was one of the few that knew both Braska and the person who became his Final Aeon, he felt that it was only fitting that Auron know this. Sora then asks who and what the Final Aeon is and what it was needed for, but no one is willing to answer. From there, for purposes of this boss section, we'll skip ahead to...

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Xigbar

The entire city of Thebes is being attacked. While the Colosseum is being attacked by a giant known as the Rock Titan, the town is being overridden with Nobodies. Hercules rushes to the Colosseum while Sora, Donald, Goofy and Auron defend the city with this theme from Final Fantasy X playing as the overall BGM for this segment.

After the Nobodies are defeated, Xigbar appears to do his usual thing and goad our main trio. Sora angrily asks why Xigbar let the Heartless into the area into the first place to which Xigbar says that it was all to make Sora stronger for the fated clash. The fight is essentially the same thing that we've been doing since Kingdom Hearts II and Birth by Sleep. Auron, meanwhile, still has the same moveset from Kingdom Hearts II.

After the battle, Xigbar taunts some more and vanishes. Auron then comes to the conclusion that he needs to stop getting distracted and go to Hades immediately to clear up the issue involving Braska's Final Aeon. Sora and the others try to follow him, but they then remember that the Colosseum is under attack (again) and that they may be needed over there.

Music used: The Thirteenth Dilemma

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Rock Titan

Let's put that concept trailer to good use, why don't we! The gang immediately catch up to Hercules. He has practically beaten the Rock Titan, but a stray attack goes toward Meg and Phil. Hercules protects them well enough, but the attack leaves him worn out. Hermes appears and grants Sora and co. the ability to use the Thunder Mountain train to defeat it.

The Rock Titan is more beefed up in terms of attacks this time around. He can hurl a giant boulder than can split into multiple rocks that can bombard the party. He also has the ability to create pillars from the ground that can knock the train off the track. Finally, he has, of all things, access to the Titan summon and can use Titan to attack the group.

On the ride, Sora and co. have controls similar to the battle against Dragon Xemnas in Kingdom Hearts II. They are able to shoot projectiles from their weapons while also using the train to ram into the Rock Titan. They final hit involves ramming the train into the Rock Titan and using a Reaction Command to come together and and fire off a large Ragnarok.

When defeated, the Rock Titan crumbles into a million pieces and the group now have access to the Titan summon.

Music used: The Deep End

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Pete

Hercules has to tend to the Colosseum while Auron decides to go directly to Hades to try to liberate the Final Aeon from his grasp. Sora, Donald and Goofy come along due to Auron's hints that the Final Aeon was once someone that Sora knew. Upon reaching Hades office/wherever the place was that Auron was summoned from in Kingdom Hearts II, they find it deserted with the exception of Pete. He then uses a dark portal to warp away, but the others follow him. At their destination, they decide to duke it out.

Pete's moves are roughly the same as they were in Kingdom Hearts II during the match against him in the last Paradox Cup. However, he now also has access to a magic boot that he can fit inside of and try to squash everyone for massive damage.

After the battle, Pete falls down on his face. Auron demands to know where Hades is, but Pete just laughs and says that he was here solely to buy Hades time so that they wouldn't try to free the Final Aeon while Hades didn't have him entirely in his control. Goofy then points out that if they went through all of this trouble for that, then there is still a chance to save Auron's friend. They immediately head back to the city.

Music used: Hopefully a new theme, but if not, then I suppose Rowdy Rumble could be used.

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Braska's Final Aeon

Upon returning to the city, they see that right on the outskirts, a giant monster has appeared. Auron scowls and realizes that he may be too late. Sora and co. look surprised and Sora notes that the Aeon is wearing a red headband and that it looks kind of familiar...

Hercules immediately appears and the tells them that they need to ensure that Braska's Final Aeon must not reach the city. All five warriors then duke it out against the Aeon.

Braska's Final Aeon is about as big as the Rock Titan, if not bigger. As a result, the battle alternates between fighting him on the ride and climbing on him a la Shadow of the Colossus. ALL of the Aeon's attacks aside from the Pagodas that he used in the battle against Tidus and co. over in Final Fantasy X are used here.

For the final hit, everyone leaps up into the sky as the Final Aeon decides to use one last Ultimate Jecht Shot and they all use a reaction command to fire off a large beam of light to pierce the Final Aeon before his last attack can be unleased.

Hades is infuriated that his servant has lost and decides to bail. Sora begins to slowly suspect just who that person was after seeing some of his moves being similar to shots that someone he once knew used when playing Blitzball...

Music used: Otherworld

Spoiler Spoiler Show
Jecht

At this point, Auron and Sora find Jecht exhausted and back in human form. Still somewhat under the influence of Hades' dark powers, he attacks the two and they are forced to do battle. This fight is actually kind of anticlimatic after all of the previous battles, but it is here for a macabre sense of catharsis, something reflected in the fact that this is the ONE time where you fight Jecht in this game and "Otherworld" is NOT blaring in the background. All of the moves that he had in the Dissidia games are here and accounted for in this battle.

After the struggles, Sora pleads with Auron to try to remember who he once was: the blitzball hero he watched and the father of his friend Tidus. Auron accentuates this by claiming that Tidus is looking for him, something that surprises Sora since he wasn't aware of that. Jecht finally calms down and regains control of himself. However, he decides that he has a lot to think about and leaves the two alone to wander off on his own. Sora asks what they could do. Auron simply says that they have done all they could do at this point and that the rest is up to Jecht. The others arrive and they fill each other in on what has happened. In the end, they are all satisfied that they at least stopped Hades for now and that they need to focus on what lies ahead. For the Hercules group, it's preparing for teh Colosseum tournaments. For Sora and co., it involves continuing their quest against Xehanort.

Music used: To Zanarkand/At Zanarkand

EDIT: I just realized how often I utilized Reaction Commands...I need to do that a little less next time.

Last edited:

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
Spoiler Spoiler Show

Joker'sHeartless

Awards
Who better to be a crossover video game boss than a crossover video game movie character?
Spoiler Spoiler Show

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
Who better to be a crossover video game boss than a crossover video game movie character?
Spoiler Spoiler Show

Dunno if I'm the only one, but this boss fight would remind me of the one with Julius from DDD! xD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back