• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Creator of Final Fantasy working on iPhone game

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Marly

All right, don't have a crap attack
Awards
Eh, it's interesting, but I've never been one for phone games. It'll probably be something a bit low-keyed, like Crystal Defenders or something. One that isn't really connected to any of the main numbered series.

Suzuku

Crystal Defenders is on iPhone already though. And a lot of iPhone games are above DS level.

Marly

Awards
When I said Crystal Defenders I was merely giving you an example comparable to the kind of game I would expect on the iPhone, one that isn't exactly direct with a Final Fantasy numbered game.

D∆NTE

Cod 6 online profile (lizymans)
Might be interesting. Like Marley said, I don't think that it will be big (seeing as it is jus't an Iphone game). Is their any more info.

Suzuku

When I said Crystal Defenders I was merely giving you an example comparable to the kind of game I would expect on the iPhone, one that isn't exactly direct with a Final Fantasy numbered game.
Oh my bad. I'm actually thinking it might be a new IP since I also don't see any main Final Fantasy ports coming to iPhone.

Might be interesting. Like Marley said, I don't think that it will be big (seeing as it is jus't an Iphone game). Is their any more info.
Nah, no other info atm.

Satoshi

I'm kinda wondering if it may turn out shit or not. I must say, my iPhone has delivered me a lot of fun, but I cannot say that it's above DS-level. Honestly, a phone's a phone and not a handheld made for gaming. Sure, the device is kinda usable as a handheld but after all is and will stay a PHONE for goddamn fuck's sake.

I also read about this dude raping the DS and PSP and praising the iPhone as 'the new gaming platform' while it actually has a processor which is not all that good *YES ALSO THE 3GS*

Phone games will never take over, cause that's not just how it goes.

Satoshi

Right, and they got the creator of FF to make a game on it. :_

You're missing the point. Why would a game the FF-man creates be better than any other shit they put on a phone like the iPhone, when the graphics and processor speed are still gonna suck? No offence, but it should have stayed in the dark depths of bejeweled and puzzle games.

And again, it is a great phone, but NOT a gaming device.

State

Awards
You're missing the point. Why would a game the FF-man creates be better than any other shit they put on a phone like the iPhone, when the graphics and processor speed are still gonna suck? No offence, but it should have stayed in the dark depths of bejeweled and puzzle games.

And again, it is a great phone, but NOT a gaming device.

FFIV was remaked three times and it was a game which art were sprites and it was fantastic, so, make the math, Layton.

Satoshi

It may have been remade fantastically but it doesn't give you the assurance that this will be a hell of a game too. And tell me, was FFIV made for the iPhone as well?

State

Awards
It may have been remade fantastically but it doesn't give you the assurance that this will be a hell of a game too. And tell me, was FFIV made for the iPhone as well?

If developed properly, it should. No.

Satoshi

Well, I gotta say you got me doubting anyway. It cán be developed properly. We'll just wait and see. But you haven't convinced me if it really should be on iPhone. Honestly.

Marly

Awards
I would have to agree with Satoshi on this, I think most game series should stay clear from phones. They're a bit iffy. I mean, call me shit but I have bought certain game consoles solely on a certain game or game series, but I would never dish out money on a phone and pay X amount of dollars every month just to play it.

State

Awards
I would have to agree with Satoshi on this, I think most game series should stay clear from phones. They're a bit iffy. I mean, call me shit but I have bought certain game consoles solely on a certain game or game series, but I would never dish out money on a phone and pay X amount of dollars every month just to play it.

That means someone hasn't played The After Years of FFIV.

Marly

Awards
That means I haven't played FFIV period. Ergo I wouldn't play FFIV After Years.

Marly

Awards
I've definitely considered getting FFIV for DS, I mean I've got FFIII, I just always find I want another game more. As for After Years, I probably wouldn't. As in, I wouldn't buy a new phone just for that game. I'm alright with my shit phone for now.

No, I haven't play Chrono Trigger either.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back