• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Crimes of the worlds

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Soldier

Awards
Hello,

So this is a thread I'm not sure if people have made in the past, but I think it's a pretty interesting topic nonetheless. Video games often break our conventional reality with all the possibilities that they can have, and one such way is laws. While it's not exactly at the forefront of the games, I began to wonder how many laws are broken in KH. I'm not asking for things like OSHA violations in one specific room in twilight town, just little things that are easily noticeable and can be construed into funny sentences, like these:

Traverse Town;
Huey, Dewey and Louie run the item shop. Child labor laws dictate that anyone under the age of 14 (their age is around 10-12, give or take) is prohibited from any non-agricultural position of employment, along with restrictions of hours that said children could work. Given that Traverse Town seems to be in a perpetual (if not infinite) state of night it is unclear if these prepubescent ducks are in violation of the law, but to air on the safe side they're definitely breaking the law.

The blocked door in the 3rd district: While obviously something that's meant to block the player off from the 3rd district until the guard armor fight, the fact that it remains shut before Sora opens could be seen as negligence as it's a public space. Given that before Leon clears out the first district, the entire town is completely besieged by heartless (Not even the HOTEL is safe) and they clearly are a threat to the public at large, locking one of the few exits to the connecting districts could result in more hearts lost if they can't get through that door.

Pinocchio's theft: While a small crime, it's still worth noting that Pinocchio swiped things from the accessory shop while Cid wasn't paying attention. That wooden boy better thank the star he was born under because if there were any form of authority in Traverse Town, he would've been made into firewood.

Those are the kinds of things I'm looking for, silly little responses to what you think is unsafe in the worlds we've seen so far. It's just a fun little exercise.

okhi12

Awards
You forgot the exposed electric wires in the third district. Someone could have been electrocuted to death, but who cares... Were they actually expecting a child to cast thunder magic on it to see what happens?

Those perpetually lit candles in the first district are also a very bad idea. What were the moogles thinking? There are children nearby.

Nothing beats the huge pinball in Disney Town, though. Using people as the ball! Pretty much a torture machine if you ask me. If I remember well the name of the area implies it was owned by Pete, but no way he could have built that in secrecy. Mickey and Minnie must be very negligent rulers.

Last edited:

Soldier

Awards
You forgot the exposed electric wires in the third district. Someone could have been electrocuted to death, but who cares... Were they actually expecting a child to cast thunder magic on it to see what happens?

Those perpetually lit candles in the first district are also a very bad idea. What were the moogles thinking? There are children nearby.

Nothing beats the huge pinball in Disney Town, though. Using people as the ball! Pretty much a torture machine if you ask me. If I remember well the name of the area implies it was owned by Pete, but no way he could have built that in secrecy. Mickey and Minnie must be very negligent rulers.
Of course! how could I forget? those are definitely not up to code.

Well, if it's Pete's rec room, I imagine he likely kidnaps people and forces them into it for his own sick entertainment Oogie Boogie style. If anyone inquires about the obnoxiously large pinball machine that gives concussions and broken bones, he'll just say that it was Captain Dark.
The unsupervised chemistry lab in the middle of the jungle? That looks like a fire hazard.
Eh, Jane and the unseen professor don't really seem to care about the fact they leave those things out in the open. It's not like a sentient species of ape live in the nearby treetops and can very easily come down and mess with all of the flammable/explosive materials.
Oh wait,

Soldier

Awards
Twilight Town: Good lord this place is not up to code, where to start:

The Tram Common: Granted, the trolley moves very slowly through the common at 5 miles an hour and has a designated track, but the fact that it appears to be unmanned is a problem. Sure it stops in front of Sora and co when they stand near it but what if the breaks give out, that's a minor fracture at best.

The jobs: nearly all of them are dangerous, the only two (to my knowledge) that is even remotely safe is grandstanding, but not by much (what if someone gets hit in the face with the ball?) and putting up posters, something that even the twilight town crew are capable of doing with little issue.

Bees: Do I even really need to say why this is dangerous? you fight swarms of bees WITHOUT PROTECTIVE EQUIPMENT. It's a good thing Sora isn't allergic to bees, otherwise he's going into anaphylactic shock from a single sting. No reaction command will save that hero of light.

The cart: Pushing the cart up the hill can be dangerous if you think about it. What happens when the wheels are slick and you're nearly up the hill? that cart's going to go 30 mph right into you if you're not careful. Also, it doesn't seem that sturdy considering it breaks every time it enters the garage.

Skateboarding: Going down a sloped hill on a skateboard is one thing, but WITHOUT PROTECTIVE PADS? it's a good thing Sora and Roxas defy gravity as much as they do, because one false move and they're getting their head split open. Curaga isn't going to fix broken bones.

Junk clearing: Aside from the fact that this junk is... poorly put together (why solder a fridge door onto an aquarium?) breaking it seems to spread its parts all over the ground. Sora is lucky his shoes are thick and insulated, otherwise any broken glass/sharp metal is going into his surprisingly small feet.

LoneFox

Awards
In Twilight Town, we also have animal cruelty (someone put a dog into a sack), property damage (Roxas intentionally smashing some expensive computer equipment), and violation of food hygiene standards (a rat loose in a restaurant's kitchen).

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
Hello,

So this is a thread I'm not sure if people have made in the past, but I think it's a pretty interesting topic nonetheless. Video games often break our conventional reality with all the possibilities that they can have, and one such way is laws. While it's not exactly at the forefront of the games, I began to wonder how many laws are broken in KH. I'm not asking for things like OSHA violations in one specific room in twilight town, just little things that are easily noticeable and can be construed into funny sentences, like these:

Traverse Town;
Huey, Dewey and Louie run the item shop. Child labor laws dictate that anyone under the age of 14 (their age is around 10-12, give or take) is prohibited from any non-agricultural position of employment, along with restrictions of hours that said children could work. Given that Traverse Town seems to be in a perpetual (if not infinite) state of night it is unclear if these prepubescent ducks are in violation of the law, but to air on the safe side they're definitely breaking the law.
They were also kids 9 years prior. Clearly they just have stunted growth. Pergaps Donald slipped something into their food to ensure Quack Pack never happens again.

Soldier

Awards
In Twilight Town, we also have animal cruelty (someone put a dog into a sack), property damage (Roxas intentionally smashing some expensive computer equipment), and violation of food hygiene standards (a rat loose in a restaurant's kitchen).
Let's not forget the mansion which seems pretty unsafe. In the real TT it's gate is wide open for any ner do well child or Pence to just barge in. It's likely VERY old (inspecting the displays reveal that they're crumbling to pieces) and definitely not up to code. (Also the stairs leading to the computer room don't have rails, yet another hazard).

As for the rodent situation it appears that Scrooge McDuck keeps it a secret well enough that few know of little chefs existence. That being said before Sora became an unwilling slave to the puppeteering purveyor of plagues I hope he made it a point to wash himself. Then again this is a universe where mice can speak, cast magic and own real estate so who's to say that mice aren't welcome in restaurants?

WaltK

Awards
Does it count if they’re basically self-employed?

Awards
Skateboarding: Going down a sloped hill on a skateboard is one thing, but WITHOUT PROTECTIVE PADS? it's a good thing Sora and Roxas defy gravity as much as they do, because one false move and they're getting their head split open. Curaga isn't going to fix broken bones.
I think their hair would probably cushion the fall... assuming that they land on their heads😂

okhi12

Awards
I know Halloween Town is not to be taken seriously but it is another unsafe place to live, specially in KH2. The sewers erupt wastewater when someone steps on them, the fountain spits acid and it's better not to get too close to that guillotine with a loose blade.
There are falling tombstones in the graveyard which can crush people to death, in a macabre attempt to increase the number of residents.

Who's in charge of maintenance services in that town?

Oh, and there's this mad scientist who opens his skull and scratches his brain... yuck.

Last edited:
Awards
Traverse Town;
Considering the fact that they moved their business to Hollow Bastion/Radiant Garden in KH II and Twilight Town in III, I think it's safe to assume that Huey, Dewey and Louie keep getting busted.

Soldier

Awards
Considering the fact that they moved their business to Hollow Bastion/Radiant Garden in KH II and Twilight Town in III, I think it's safe to assume that Huey, Dewey and Louie keep getting busted.
And given that more often than not they're in close proximity to a wealthy family member (Scrooge McDuck is like what, not even 20 FEET from them in Radiant Garden and Twilight Town?) I'm having my sneaking suspicions that whatever police force in those towns is likely being paid off by the richest duck in duckburg to look the other way. THAT'S why we don't see any form of law enforcement in those populated towns, it's because they're all too scared to come out and do anything because of the worst kept secret of the prepubescent ducks.
They were also kids 9 years prior. Clearly they just have stunted growth. Pergaps Donald slipped something into their food to ensure Quack Pack never happens again.
You're forgetting that Donald is an elite mage capable of casting very powerful spells. He has no need nor use for drugs, what good would they do him? No, something more sinister is afoot.

You see, Donald watches over them right? they're his legal wards and he had been doing that since their mother committed the egregious crime of giving birth to them and being a mom. Every night while they're asleep, he'd cast Stopja in close proximity to them, using up all of the mp he should've been using to heal Sora to halt their biological clocks by 30 minutes each night. Over time, those minutes add up to hours, hours add up to days, and so on until the malicious mallard has kept them as adolescents for MULTIPLE decades. And the kids remain none the wiser, content to spend their days planning to go on an adventure while their munny "mysteriously" disappears every few weeks. In their blissful ignorance, it's Donald who ventures out into the ocean between, content with his plan and encouraging them,
Like the sick duck that he is!
I know Halloween Town is not to be taken seriously but it is another unsafe place to live, specially in KH2. The sewers erupt wastewater when someone steps on them, the fountain spits acid and it's better not to get too close to that guillotine with a loose blade.
There are falling tombstones in the graveyard which can crush people to death, in a macabre attempt to increase the number of residents.

Who's in charge of maintenance services in that town?

Oh, and there's this mad scientist who opens his skull and scratches his brain... yuck.
Clearly it's the mayor's fault, whenever someone points out the dangerous state the town square is, he says "I'm only an elected official" and to find someone else to do it, knowing full well he's in charge of the town's upkeep. Then he goes off to sleep in his car (which according to the official Nightmare Before Christmas card game, is his place of residence, almost makes you feel sorry for a two faced politician).

And I'm not exactly an experienced lab worker yet, but I would think the act of routinely scratching your brain with gloves and then using said gloves to touch things leads to cross contamination. Of what I don't know but I'm not sure I WANT to know.

Awards
The Place: Destiny Islands
The Crime: Child Neglect

No I'm not talking about when they're teenagers. What I'm talking about is the flashbacks in the original game and Sora and Rikus cameos in BBS. Allowing children between the ages of 4 and 5 to go unaccompanied to an island, and let them do whatever they want with ABSOLUTELY NO PARENTAL SUPERVISION is just wild. What if they got hurt? What if they drowned? Got attacked by sharks etc. And knowing that Kairi was adopted by the mayor just makes the whole thing worse. As an authority figure he (or she) could have put a stop to it. But instead we get a whole lot of bad parenting.

Soldier

Awards
The Place: Destiny Islands
The Crime: Child Neglect

No I'm not talking about when they're teenagers. What I'm talking about is the flashbacks in the original game and Sora and Rikus cameos in BBS. Allowing children between the ages of 4 and 5 to go unaccompanied to an island, and let them do whatever they want with ABSOLUTELY NO PARENTAL SUPERVISION is just wild. What if they got hurt? What if they drowned? Got attacked by sharks etc. And knowing that Kairi was adopted by the mayor just makes the whole thing worse. As an authority figure he (or she) could have put a stop to it. But instead we get a whole lot of bad parenting.
You make a very good point. In BBS Riku even states "They won't let us row out here by ourselves, not till we're older" and it's implied Sora's dad arrived to pick them up from the island at the same time as Terra's visit, but we never see him (perhaps he's a ghost? or just a literal representation of an absentee father, only present when the kid needs to be picked up). My view is that the island is just the denizen's version of daycare, except you don't need to pay anyone anything because it was constructed using child labor. It's pretty negligent, but we don't know how rough the mainland is for the kids in the daytime. The economy must be pretty bad over there to necessitate an island as the designated child care location.

Soldier

Awards
I’m surprised nobody’s mentioned Twilight Town’s most obvious sin: the station clock tower.

People who go up there are either trespassing, or have been given permission by some station worker who has no regard for health and safety.
*facepalm* of course! how could I forget about the clocktower! easily one of the seven wonders of twilight town on how adults just let those prepubescent teenagers head up there and hang off of the edge like it's not a 6 story drop onto the hard brick plaza. Thanks for reminding me of that crime Panda.

okhi12

Awards
Offtopic but this thread reminds me of Pokemon games where 10 year old children are actively encouraged to travel around the world on their own and try to capture as many dangerous creatures as possible and make them fight. It's a miracle they evade collateral damage.
No wonder many ghost type pokemon are related in creepy ways to children.

Back