• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Cut Content

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Audo

press △ to sora
Awards
Website
avale-reves.tumblr.com
Wasn't there a trailer long ago that was shown to only a certain amount of people and it showed gameplay footage of Sora in Scala ad Caelum? (back then it was called Cable Town) Someone made concept art of Sora being inside what looked like a library, it looked similar to the room that Xehanort and Eraqus were playing chess.
It wasn't gameplay. It was a short cutscene of Sora in the library walking up to the chessboard, as a teaser (the chess imagery wouldn't be officially unveiled until half a year later) but it didn't show gameplay or anything

LostArtist

Awards
It wasn't gameplay. It was a short cutscene of Sora in the library walking up to the chessboard, as a teaser (the chess imagery wouldn't be officially unveiled until half a year later) but it didn't show gameplay or anything

They really need to make this world an actual world in a future title :[

shady543

Awards
I love how I never really cared about DLC, but this is one of the few times where I downright want it. Although what I'd like would be at least a year's worth of effort in terms of DLC I guess so KH3 is probably beyond fixable for me.

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Awards
My biggest beef is that there's no interaction between the majority of the characters at the end. Sora spends the majority of the game trying to bring back Roxas and barely says 2 words to him.

Sora and Kairi barely talk.

Namine and Riku.

Ventus and Roxas being weirded out by the fact that they look exactly the same.

Terra and Riku had a lot in common, not a word.

I want interactions. D:

DropDistance

I love how I never really cared about DLC, but this is one of the few times where I downright want it. Although what I'd like would be at least a year's worth of effort in terms of DLC I guess so KH3 is probably beyond fixable for me.

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Spoiler Spoiler Show

UltimaXOmega

Scala needs to be a full world. It's huge and easily the most beautiful location in the series.

KHFan91

I honestly don't see any content being cut from the game. If there is story and content that got cut, then maybe it's Square Enix's fault for wanting the game rushed out, and NOT Nomura's fault?

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
I honestly don't see any content being cut from the game. If there is story and content that got cut, then maybe it's Square Enix's fault for wanting the game rushed out, and NOT Nomura's fault?

It can also be the "fault" of losing a whole year of development time due to an engine switch.

Pushing the release date further into the future would have meant very bad reactions from the casual fanbase and in turn bad press.

SuperSaiyanSora

Awards
It can also be the "fault" of losing a whole year of development time due to an engine switch.

Pushing the release date further into the future would have meant very bad reactions from the casual fanbase and in turn bad press.

This is 100% what I believe is what happened. And see, I expected gamers to learn from the FFXV situation and to NOT rush games out and let the developers properly finish the game properly true to their vision and all, but everywhere on social media I saw memes about KH3 delays and whatnot. People were being super impatient and nasty in the Kingdom Hearts Instagram comment section about the release date when it was changed, and even from before we had a release date. You can't win.

People are doing the same thing for the FF7 Remake, but I think Square learned their lesson, because notice how quiet they've been in terms of the remake from the last trailer up to now. Nomura acknowledged that the game was announced too early, and that's why I think these reactions happen, because nobody's watching a trailer for a new game knowing that it's gonna be five years until you get to play it. Let's not even get started on Versus XIII.

I think the best thing they've ever done was switch over to Unreal Engine 4. The game looks gorgeous, the progress seemed to speed right along after they made the switch, and everything seems to be running fine. Also, something to remember as well, Nomura said in the past that KH3 was so big that they couldn't fit everything on the disc, so some things will have to be released as DLC. 0.2 actually was supposed to be in KH3 as well, if memory serves, but it was much too big and had to be a separate game.

I'm guessing that when they made the switch, some things just couldn't be carried over in time (which is natural, because that's a YEAR gone), so they had to cut their losses and focus on delivering a completed product. And I think they accomplished that, you can complete KH3 and not feel like there's a huge gaping narrative hole like you could say with Vanilla FFXV. I think they really did run out of disc space and are planning to release a lot of stuff later on, I don't think they're going to release KH3 in the early part of the year and leave it alone. I think there'll be consistent updates, but Nomura's focus is going to be on FF7R from here on.

ultima-demi

(>..)>
Awards
Really gotta wonder if the next game could really end up being a far bigger game in comparison to this now. They surely won't have to deal with the massive hype and pressure of releasing another game like "KH3!" and it''s all crazy years of expectations anymore.

des97

Awards
This is 100% what I believe is what happened. And see, I expected gamers to learn from the FFXV situation and to NOT rush games out and let the developers properly finish the game properly true to their vision and all, but everywhere on social media I saw memes about KH3 delays and whatnot. People were being super impatient and nasty in the Kingdom Hearts Instagram comment section about the release date when it was changed, and even from before we had a release date. You can't win.

People are doing the same thing for the FF7 Remake, but I think Square learned their lesson, because notice how quiet they've been in terms of the remake from the last trailer up to now. Nomura acknowledged that the game was announced too early, and that's why I think these reactions happen, because nobody's watching a trailer for a new game knowing that it's gonna be five years until you get to play it. Let's not even get started on Versus XIII.

I think the best thing they've ever done was switch over to Unreal Engine 4. The game looks gorgeous, the progress seemed to speed right along after they made the switch, and everything seems to be running fine. Also, something to remember as well, Nomura said in the past that KH3 was so big that they couldn't fit everything on the disc, so some things will have to be released as DLC. 0.2 actually was supposed to be in KH3 as well, if memory serves, but it was much too big and had to be a separate game.

I'm guessing that when they made the switch, some things just couldn't be carried over in time (which is natural, because that's a YEAR gone), so they had to cut their losses and focus on delivering a completed product. And I think they accomplished that, you can complete KH3 and not feel like there's a huge gaping narrative hole like you could say with Vanilla FFXV. I think they really did run out of disc space and are planning to release a lot of stuff later on, I don't think they're going to release KH3 in the early part of the year and leave it alone. I think there'll be consistent updates, but Nomura's focus is going to be on FF7R from here on.
I wouldn't say it's our fault the game is rushed. What kind of company changes the game engine after 1 good year of development? That was a reckless and foolish choice. Apparently they wanted the game to look gorgeous but I feel like the previous engine would've been okay as well. What's the point of having 10/10 graphics if a significant portion of the game is cut content?

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards
I don't know whether it is just me, but didn't Nomura outright mention that content had to be cut for this game (at the time, he said it was due to space)?

Maybe the more honest reason was to stick to the revised release schedule, then implement the initial cut content after release as Final Mix content.

des97

Awards
I don't know whether it is just me, but didn't Nomura outright mention that content had to be cut for this game (at the time, he said it was due to space)?

Maybe the more honest reason was to stick to the revised release schedule, then implement the initial cut content after release as Final Mix content.
Well then I don't believe cutting Scala ad Caelum was a clever idea to begin with haha

Muke

whatever
Awards
I feel like we were definitely supposed to go inside Elsa's palace considering the interior is literally on the map.

What's also interesting, but not a cut, is that there are none of Marluxia's Nobodies next to the waterfall (where we first saw them). I actually went to Rapunzel's tower after having finished the world specifically to fight them there because I just liked how it looked in the trailer, but they weren't there *shocked*.

I definitely feel like 100 acre wood is 100% an after-thought and got added very late into development. Not only because it's really small and has the same minigame repeated three times (with a few... changes, admittedly), but also because it's the only Disney world that doesn't have a flan in it.

Scala ad Caelum has definitely been chopped up as well. I can't imagine them designing this beautiful world AND composing a field theme for it only for what... 10 seconds? And I guess you explore it while you fight, but is that really exploration?

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards

He did mention having to cut stuff and partially having to cut corners because of disc space but of course it is more likely that wasn't the only reason why that happened.

It's funny in my case as I initially really wasn't thrilled about DLC especially when it has to do with story content but now I am somewhat convinced that KH III can only benefit from it.

And I guess you explore it while you fight, but is that really exploration?

In other worlds you have piles of regular enemy mooks popping up when exploring stuff too, the only difference in Scala is that these mooks are teleporting red fashion disasters with murder heels and goat helmets who share HP bars.

Muke

whatever
Awards
In other worlds you have piles of regular enemy mooks popping up when exploring stuff too, the only difference in Scala is that these mooks are teleporting red fashion disasters with murder heels and goat helmets who share HP bars.
Difference being that there is nothing else to do in Scala but fight. There are no chests, and there's nothing to interact with..

Laurel

Awards
I avoided fighting in Scala for a bit so I could run around and explore the area, I didn't just land in a cool new world just to get my butt beat by high heeled goat people.

I hope Scala is properly explorable in later games, it's a shame that such an awesome looking world is only reduced to a battle field.

des97

Awards
He did mention having to cut stuff and partially having to cut corners because of disc space but of course it is more likely that wasn't the only reason why that happened.
Yeah, if it really were a problem of disc space they could have simply put 2 discs, as Rockstar did for RDR2.

Back