• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

TV ► CW's Powerpuff Girls Live-Action

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Lulcy

Awards
Robyn Lively to play Sara Bellum; Tom Kenny to reprise role as the narrator.

Bellum.jpg

D

Deleted member 246005

I still think this show would've been better if it was animated or if the girls were teenagers instead of adults. Or just adapt Totally Spies instead.

But it's growing on me.

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
So just exactly how much romance subplot drama bullshit can we expect with the Rowdyruff Boys? Cause the answer isn't going to be zero.

Also, relevant:

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
So this info flew by me,

Nicholas-Podany-Mojo-Jojo.jpg

‘Powerpuff Girls’ Live-Action Pilot at CW Finds Its Mojo Jojo in Nicholas Podany

Other sites are saying he's Mojo Jojo's son, not Mojo Jojo himself. And that would make more sense given the description here, too:

Though, what, are they going to say Mojo Jojo had a kid with a human and has a human son? I'm a little confused as what they're going for since there's no indication here that there will be any CGI or motion capture or anything involved.
Maybe Mojo adopted him at some point deciding he needed an heir. Interestingly the summary seems kind of ambiguous as to if he will be a villain or not

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
Well if they are redoing the pilot it's good I guess. Though I'm kind of curious what was in the first draft

Barrett

Awards

AdrianXXII

Dyslexic rambler
Awards
It got copyright claimed so... 😬😬😬

I've read parts of the script and honestly I've never read a script that felt so completely disrespectful to the original source material and its creator until now. I would honestly rather take another season of the 2016 reboot over this.
It's that bad?

Barrett

Awards
It's that bad?
The Professor is depicted as a stereotypical abusive show-biz dad and that the original cartoon that we know was an in-universe show created so that he can profit off of the girls. The script is excessively raunchy, and apparently a lot more so than most CW projects from what I've seen people say. Bonus: "Post-Harambe" is used as a term unironically.

Last edited:

AdrianXXII

Dyslexic rambler
Awards
Yikes sounds like the show was even a parody of what you'd expect a CW show to be. Hope the rewirte is better.

Awards
The Professor is depicted as a stereotypical abusive show-biz dad and that the original cartoon that we know was an in-universe show created so that he can profit off of the girls. The script is excessively raunchy, and apparently a lot more so than most CW projects from what I've seen people say. Bonus: "Post-Harambe" is used as a term unironically.
...kill me now and throw my corpse off the highest peak because this is NOT. IT. C H I E F.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
I think Diablo Cody genuinely wrote it as a parody. Like she wasn't being serious and then some CW guy was like "yes this is good" and it just spiraled and they played it all straight in the show without realizing it was genuinely a parody joke script.

I want to believe in that because any other explanation just means Diablo Cody wrote a very bad, edgy script for no reason lol

Back