• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

TV ► CW's Powerpuff Girls Live-Action

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Lulcy

Awards

Live-Action Powerpuff Girls Series Pilot Ordered by CW.

Article said:
The CW has ordered a pilot for a live-action Powerpuff Girls series.

This series, which was in development as of last August, will center on the girls who are now disillusioned twenty-something-year-olds who resent that they lost their childhood to years of fighting crime, according to Variety. The series will answer the question of whether or not the former team reunites once more when their crime-fighting skills are needed again.

This series comes by way of writers and executive producers, Heather Regnier and Diablo Cody, with the latter executive producing under the banner of Vita Vera Films. Regnier worked on the recent Veronica Mars revival, iZombie, and Sleepy Hollow while Cody is best known for writing Juno and working on Jennifer's Body and Young Adult.

Greg Berlanti, David Madden, and Sarah Schechter will executive produce the show under the Berlanti Productions banner. Erika Kennair and Warner Bros. Television will produce the show.

KingdomKurdistan

Awards
The original series is a subversive, high-class masterpiece. I found the reboot very disappointing and dumbed-down. Didn't bother beyond one or two episodes.

Horrified they're doing a live action version. This could be traumatic.

Having said that, the pitch sounds pretty intriguing to be honest. And the talent behind the camera is actually highly competent.

KingdomKurdistan

Awards
Can't wait to see who they pick to play Mojo Jojo
MarsAttacks_01_1045002-mars-attacks_mood-0cfc98a784c4.jpg

KingdomKurdistan

Awards
If anything, this is probably going to turn out like Riverdale or ‘Fate: The Winx Saga’ in terms of tone if we’re getting a disillusioned angle. To which I say, ”Noooooo, THANK YOU!”

Juno? Yes, please. Riverdale? Dear God.

KudoTsurugi

Awards
Yep. Wonder who they'll kill Sera Belum?
That’ll be assuming she’s still around in Townsville. She left in the 2016 reboot(executive meddling, am I right?), but then again it’s also possible that they could dismiss that as if it never happened.

AdrianXXII

Dyslexic rambler
Awards
That’ll be assuming she’s still around in Townsville. She left in the 2016 reboot(executive meddling, am I right?), but then again it’s also possible that they could dismiss that as if it never happened.
Well I'm guessing their target demographic would be younger Millennials, Zillennials and older Generation Z, so ignoring the reboot makes the most sense to me. Most wouldn't be familiar with it anyways and would be more interested because of the original they grew up with.

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards
Yep. Wonder who they'll kill Sera Belum?
I feel like there might be some "evil twin" storyline since we never see Sera Belum's face. They can kill her off, only to reveal the next season that she's still alive... only to reveal that it's her evil twin the next season.

I am somewhat terrified to think of what they will do with HIM. I can see a whole "journey to hell" storyline and maybe end up doing a crossover with Supernatural.

AdrianXXII

Dyslexic rambler
Awards
I feel like there might be some "evil twin" storyline since we never see Sera Belum's face. They can kill her off, only to reveal the next season that she's still alive... only to reveal that it's her evil twin the next season.

I am somewhat terrified to think of what they will do with HIM. I can see a whole "journey to hell" storyline and maybe end up doing a crossover with Supernatural.
Yeah, I'm rather worried with how they'd handle a character like Him. I feel like they'll either dial up his queerness or play him as a sexy devil, neither sounds all that great.

Back