• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Dad Finds Ecstasy in Used GTA IV

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

VirusCoreHacker

Switched/Telegraph/Joy Stick said:
Last Sunday, Richard Thornhill stepped into a Gamestation store in Cheltenham, Gloucestershire, UK with the sole good intention of purchasing used video games for his two children. He made his way home carrying an illicit substance.

According to the Telegraph, Thornhill purchased two used copies of 'Grand Theft Auto' video games that day. When he opened one game's packaging, out spilled a saran wrap pouch filled with what would later be revealed as ecstasy pills. "I could not believe it," Thornhill told the Telegraph.

Immediately heading to a local police station, Thornhill handed the pills over to the police, who later told the Telegraph, "It is likely that they are ecstasy pills."

Clearly, and rightfully, perturbed by his unwitting purchase of drugs, Thornhill shuddered to think of the consequences had his son Jamie found the pills: "He is only 12. He could have died."

Apparently, the management of Gamestation has launched its own investigation, in addition to that of the police. "We... will work closely with police to find out what happened in this instance," a Gamestation spokesperson said to the Telegraph. "We have rigorous procedures for accepting pre-owned titles and checking them before they are put back on sale."

A Gloucestershire police spokesperson told the Telegraph, "We are conducting inquiries to see if it can be established who brought them into the store."

While Gamestation and the local authorities investigate, an anti-drug father like Thornhill might want to launch an investigation of his own; he'll find that 'Grand Theft Auto' does not exactly reward good citizenship. [From: The Telegraph Via: Joystiq]

telegraph said:
Richard Thornhill said the consequences could have been "horrific" if the tablets had been found by his son Jamie, or by his daughter Danielle, 16.

The tablets were wrapped in cling film and tucked away in the instructions manual.

Mr Thornhill, 34, a tool hire company manager, urged the Gamestation store in Cheltenham, Glos, to make stricter checks in future.

He bought two previously-owned Grand Theft Auto games from the shop on Sunday. After discovering the drugs he took them to a nearby police station.

He said: "When I opened the box up, the cling film wrap fell out. I could not believe it.

"I have two children and my son plays Xbox all the time. He could easily have opened the box and found them.

"I dread to think what the consequences would have been if he had. He is only 12. He could have died."

Mr Thornhill said he had received an apology from the store, but he felt there should be stricter checks on 'trade in' games.

"It was a pre-used game, but that should not make a difference," he said. "My wife is beside herself over this because she keeps thinking about what could have happened and so do I."

Gamestation said: "We have rigorous procedures for accepting pre-owned titles and checking them before they are put back on sale.

"We have launched an immediate investigation and we will work closely with police to find out what happened in this instance.

"It would be inappropriate to comment further until the police investigation is complete."

Ecstasy is linked to about 30 deaths a year, and the Home Office has said it kills "unpredictably".

Gloucestershire police said: "We have collected the tablets and will be destroying them at a later date. It is likely that they are ecstasy pills.

"We are now conducting enquiries to see if it can be established who brought them into the store."

I only have 1 explanation for this.

The Game tried to use the boy to smuggle drugs into our world.

Last edited:

Firo

Oh Crap
Haha that's funny.

Clearly, and rightfully, perturbed by his unwitting purchase of drugs, Thornhill shuddered to think of the consequences had his son Jamie found the pills: "He is only 12. He could have died."

He bought his 12 year old son GTA 4? lol

Last edited:

Zangetsu

Live Life Like Its Your Last Day
Awards
i figured theyd rant on the fact the boy was 12 lol

Aucune Raison

DARLING SO THERE YOU ARE
GTA IV encourages your child to take ecstasy!!!!!! Tell your elected officials to vote to ban the game forever!!!!!!

Last edited:

Zangetsu

Awards
Support GTA IV By Buying Your 12 Year Old Boy Ecstasy

Firo

Oh Crap
Well he could play GTA4, wanna become a drug dealer, and boom he already has his first product. Video games don't destroy your future, they build them.

Zangetsu

Awards
I wanna be an illegal ecstasy dealer. ill go to middle schools dressed up as Smokey
"Support your forests by taking Ecstasy. Fuck the fires"

Apollo

Silver Member
That's funny. I wonder why you'd put your pills in a used game.

Ban Mido

Kissing the skies.
I think it's more likely an employee from a different shift or something stashed them there and just forgot about them.

Firo

Oh Crap
I think it's more likely an employee from a different shift or something stashed them there and just forgot about them.

Either that or he was going to sell to a buyer. Kinda like how people put weed in a pizza box and deliver it to a buyer. Unlikely but possible.

Ban Mido

Kissing the skies.
Parents must be pretty liberal.

And the kid probably would have thought the game was special edition. Every game comes with a free sample of Ecstacy!

Q

Banned
Parents must be pretty liberal.

And the kid probably would have thought the game was special edition. Every game comes with a free sample of Ecstacy!

DAMN FUCKING LIBERALS WITH THEIR HIPPIE CULTURE AND FUCKING DISCO SHIT GOD DAMN THE LIBS

or you know they told him that the game was FAKE and that emulating the ideas in it will get you SHOT and killed. I doubt the child would have thought the game had a "special" used edition that came with pills - if he doesn't know what those are by 12 he's pretty fucking sheltered.

very differentiable
Awards
Well, he got more that he paid for, so he should be thankfull. I hear the next complaint about games coming, the people are getting predictable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back