• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Dark Connections

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

KeybladeCounsel

Because it was something even further. Because it wasn't just the darkness he was giving in to, but the Ansem that was left inside of him. He was drawing out Ansem's dark powers, not simply the darkness.

So your telling me stronger darkness than what he had will take away his ability to wear the suit? Vanitas most likely holds more darkness than Riku when he is AnemSoD but he still wore the suit. So he gave in to Ansems dark powers at Hollow Bastion and got the suit but when he does it a second time he no longer has it?

TheBucket

Mount Vernon, Indiana, United States, North Americ
Website
www.youtube.com
So your telling me stronger darkness than what he had will take away his ability to wear the suit? Vanitas most likely holds more darkness than Riku when he is AnemSoD but he still wore the suit. So he gave in to Ansems dark powers at Hollow Bastion and got the suit but when he does it a second time he no longer has it?

Riku's situation was different. He had so much darkness in his heart because of the previous events in KH1, but he also had Ansem leftover in his heart as well, being kept alive by Riku's memories and fear of the darkness.

At the scene you're talking about, when Riku used the darkness for power, he was choosing to take on Ansem's form, to be even stronger than he would be as himself in Dark Mode. But then in Chain of Memories, he doesn't want anything to do with Ansem at that point, and only wants to use his own darkness, so when he does tap into that, the Dark Suit manifests itself. So with Riku, you really can't just say "darkness means the suit will appear," because he has Ansem's remnants inside of him.

Aquaman OS

There's also Terra and Xehanort himself, who use darkness, but they don't wear the suit.

skyfoxx

Silver Member
Awards
There's also Terra and Xehanort himself, who use darkness, but they don't wear the suit.

It could very well just be the level of darkness. Terra tried not to use darkness that much. And I don't think the suit is a requirement for having darkness but rather an add-on. Kind of like "You joined the darkside! Would you like some cookies?" while the cookies are optional. Weird analogy but I hope you get what I'm saying. I just think it's weird to have Vanitas have a "connection" to Riku because I just think his pose and suit were just for people to think Vanitas was going to look like Riku.

Aquaman OS

I think it makes more sense that they both have the same suit because they were both Xehanort's "apprentices" (Vanitas was created by him, while Riku had his darkness messed with by him and had been meeting with him for awhile before KH started) and its supposed to show that apprentice Xehanort still was MX deep down even if he had no memory.

Insomniac

Bronze Member
Awards

Well, actually Maleficent was the one who gave Riku his Dark Suit before Xehanort's Heartless had even possesed Riku.

Aquaman OS

But Coded shows that XH had been meeting and manipulating Riku at DI for awhile before KH1 even started. So he could have added his darkness to Riku's own then, and the suit was just unlocked when Maleficent unlocked the rest of Riku's darkness, not knowing XH had been meeting him.

Caxm

1. Where in the world did that come from?
2. I'm very certain you use sarcasm in your life as well.
3. Cursing out randomly isn't a good way to make friends either, Caxm
4. You have 0 friends in your friends list, so you're not the one to talk.

Answers to Your Questions and statements
1. It came from me obviously
2. No, I don't very much care for sarcasim in debating
3. Cursing out randomly got me my closest friends in the world
4. I do not accept friends on my profile. That is why I have none

EDit: lol, you one to talk Mr. You only have 5 friends.lol now can we get back to the topic at hand

Last edited:

TheBucket

Mount Vernon, Indiana, United States, North Americ
Website
www.youtube.com
But Coded shows that XH had been meeting and manipulating Riku at DI for awhile before KH1 even started. So he could have added his darkness to Riku's own then, and the suit was just unlocked when Maleficent unlocked the rest of Riku's darkness, not knowing XH had been meeting him.

Oh right, I hadn't thought about that. And I actually did forget the small scene where Riku has the Dark Suit before Ansem posessed him...stupid me...but that actually backs it up more. It's wasn't the connection between Vanitas to Riku, it's the darkness.

Caxm

Oh right, I hadn't thought about that. And I actually did forget the small scene where Riku has the Dark Suit before Ansem posessed him...stupid me...but that actually backs it up more. It's wasn't the connection between Vanitas to Riku, it's the darkness.

It may just be AnsemSoD's influence over Riku through Darkness.

skyfoxx

Silver Member
Awards
Answers to Your Questions and statements
1. It came from me obviously
2. No, I don't very much care for sarcasim in debating
3. Cursing out randomly got me my closest friends in the world
4. I do not accept friends on my profile. That is why I have none

EDit: lol, you one to talk Mr. You only have 5 friends.lol now can we get back to the topic at hand

1. You know what I meant -_-
2. Well a lot of people use sarcasm so I don't know why you even mentioned "sarcasm" and called it a bad thing.
3.Cursing out randomly is just stupid and immature so I guess that tells me what "friends" you have.
4. Five friends on this forum is better than zero so yes, I am one to talk. And I bet that "I don't accept friends on my profile" is most likely just an excuse.
5. This discussion is stupid. I am done.

KeybladeCounsel

Obviously seeing as how Vanitas somehow came out of MX in the Keyblade Graveyard, they've already been given some connection. So let's say some sort of remnant of Vanitas was left inside MX's heart. Maybe that's how this was passed onto Riku through the darkness of AnsemSoD.

skyfoxx

Silver Member
Awards
Obviously seeing as how Vanitas somehow came out of MX in the Keyblade Graveyard, they've already been given some connection. So let's say some sort of remnant of Vanitas was left inside MX's heart. Maybe that's how this was passed onto Riku through the darkness of AnsemSoD.

Vanitas came out of Ventus, not MX lol

Jesus

Hater-bending
Awards
No...no he did not. He appeared from behind him. Vanitas was created from Ventus. That was just an amazing thing we call a "special effect." Amazing, huh?

ouch, sarcasm much ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back