• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Dark Phoenix vs. Sun-Dive Superman: Battle of da Century!

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Sun-Dive Superman...or Dark Phoenix?

• Supermans, fo shizzle

Votes: 7 43.8%
  • Dark Phoenix, 'cause she pwnz =D

Votes: 9 56.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr.

Yes, we have the ULTIMATE battle.
Sun-Dive Superman, the invincible man even MORE powerful than before, vs. DARK PHOENIX, who can make a star go supernova and has the power to wipe out a Shi'ar battlefleet WITH HER MIND.

BEGIN DEBATE!

Johnny Stooge

Hawkguy
Awards
Here we go.

Superman would win.

After a sun-dive he becomes nigh-invincible. Nothing can pierce his skin. Nothing will hurt him and his strength is increased dramatically. I'm not talking about the strength to cause an earthquake. I mean literally Earth shattering strength. The power to rip a star apart with his hands. He could literally juggle planets if he wanted to after a sun-dive.

The only thing Phoenix has against Superman is her telepathy. She could affect Superman's mind but she couldn't destroy it. That'd be using telekinesis. Causing physical damage. After a sun-dive, nothing could hurt Superman. Not even a punch from God himself. Phoenix's demolecularizing powers? Wouldn't work. It's not magic. Superman's invulnerabilty would beat it.

And so, since Phoenix really has no other upper-hand over Superman, he would then proceed to take her out (Not kill her, but to the point to where she's no longer a danger.).

Black_Star

Stylin' on Ya
I think Superman has an advantage in everything, but her telepathy and telekenesis. She could just cause enough mental stress to knock Superman out, becoming the victor.

Savior of Dawn

Leader of the Dai Gurren Brigade
...I'm not sure on this one. According to the comic series, Dark Pheonix actually destroyed an entire universe. I'm not sure if Superman can stand that type of power, even when he's in sun-dive form. Inter-dimensional control vs. invulnerability?

Eh, I'm going for a tie, though I'm slightly favored to Superman.

Mr.

Johnny Stooge said:
Here we go.

Superman would win.

After a sun-dive he becomes nigh-invincible. Nothing can pierce his skin. Nothing will hurt him and his strength is increased dramatically. I'm not talking about the strength to cause an earthquake. I mean literally Earth shattering strength. The power to rip a star apart with his hands. He could literally juggle planets if he wanted to after a sun-dive.

The only thing Phoenix has against Superman is her telepathy. She could affect Superman's mind but she couldn't destroy it. That'd be using telekinesis. Causing physical damage. After a sun-dive, nothing could hurt Superman. Not even a punch from God himself. Phoenix's demolecularizing powers? Wouldn't work. It's not magic. Superman's invulnerabilty would beat it.

And so, since Phoenix really has no other upper-hand over Superman, he would then proceed to take her out (Not kill her, but to the point to where she's no longer a danger.).

...Phoenix can make a sun go supernova.
A SUN. >__>
Simply setting off a nuclear-chain reaction within his subatomic particles that store his sun energy would result in him blowing up, inside-out, with the power of a Supernova.
You said himself that he stored his energy in his cells, and his cells aren't invunerable to manipulation.

Dark Phoenix also has mind control.
She can simply control him mind and send him on a suicide run across the galaxies until his sun-dive energy runs out, following him all the way.
Then instant death.

Johnny Stooge

Hawkguy
Awards
Again, Phoenix only has telepathy and telekinesis. Telekinesis is not magic. It won't have an affect on him. So she can't have him explode/implode.

And yes, she could put him under mind-control but that doesn't mean it will work 100%. I haven't seen Superman truly under mind control so I'm not sure how mentally strong he is.

...Phoenix can make a sun go supernova.
A SUN. >__>
Sun = star.
Superman can rip one in half.

var1ables

Play hard, go pro.
Awards
Hmm I'm not sure but does superman have psionics? I'm almost certain he doesn't. And psionics = win.(darkphoenix was quoted by proff. X as one of the most powerful psions he had ever felt, on top of jean's already amazing psionics)

Johnny Stooge

Hawkguy
Awards
No, he doesn't have any psychic powers but he doesn't need them.

They're not magic. It's not an automatic win.

Last edited:

Johnny Stooge

Hawkguy
Awards
But that include some form of phsycality in the attack. Telekinesis. Not telepathy. Superman has invulnerability.

Johnny Stooge

Hawkguy
Awards
You're not getting it. Telepathy is the link of one mind to another.

While Phoenix would use telepathy on Superman to access his mind, it'd be telekinesis that she uses to shut it down.
Telekinesis does not equal magic. Nor does telepathy.

And mind you, Superman's mind is far from weak. Entering his head without his permission would be no easy task.

Mr.

You're not getting it. Telepathy is the link of one mind to another.

While Phoenix would use telepathy on Superman to access his mind, it'd be telekinesis that she uses to shut it down.
Telekinesis does not equal magic. Nor does telepathy.

And mind you, Superman's mind is far from weak. Entering his head without his permission would be no easy task.

Telekinesis is not needed.
You're not right.
She simply COMMANDS Superman's mind to shut itself down, to stop.
No telekinesis.
It's not that. It's NOT telekinesis.
She stimulates a coma within his head, and then stops his heart with his own brain.

And Dark Phoenix is Dark Phoenix.
If she can go head to head with Professor X, who can DEFINATELY get into Supe's head and control him, she can get into Supe's head with relative ease.

Scotty

PRECIOUS FAIRY VAGINA
Awards
To shut down minds, she'd use Mental Bolts. Now, I'm pretty sure these are created from telepathy, as Prof. X can also use them.

Phoenix's powers are only limited by her imagination. The most upto-date version, atleast.

You have to look at it this way:

Superman: Nigh-on invincible
Phoenix: Unlimited power, reaching as far as her imagination

I don't know enough of Superman to come to a decent decision, but I know the jist. I think this could go either way.

Johnny Stooge

Hawkguy
Awards
Mr. said:
Telekinesis is not needed.
You're not right.
She simply COMMANDS Superman's mind to shut itself down, to stop.
No telekinesis.
It's not that. It's NOT telekinesis.
She stimulates a coma within his head, and then stops his heart with his own brain.
Yeah... that wouldn't happen.

Superman's body completely shut down after exhausting all the solar energy in the fight with Doomsday. It ceased all functions. No pulse. No mental stimulation. He came back to life. Not through divine intervention or revivication, but simply due to his cells being re-charged with solar energy.

Just because Phoenix is stronger than Professor X doesn't mean she can infiltrate Superman's mind. He's strongest meta-human on the planet. If every telepath could take control of Superman, they would of. But they can't. It was amazing that Max Lord managed do it.

You couldn't force Superman into a coma. Shutting down his heart would be impossible. Demolecularizing him? Wouldn't work. Not after a sun-dive.

Phoenix's powers arn't magic. She doesn't have an advantage over him.

VerX said:
To shut down minds, she'd use Mental Bolts. Now, I'm pretty sure these are created from telepathy, as Prof. X can also use them.
Just from what I've read it seems more of a disabling than a complete shutting down.

Superman: Nigh-on invincible
Phoenix: Unlimited power, reaching as far as her imagination
Superman is unlimited. The more solar exposure, the stronger he becomes. After a sun-dive he is immortal in every sense of the word.

Scotty

PRECIOUS FAIRY VAGINA
Awards
Although, I would say Scarlet Witch could have a good go against him. :3

Probability fields + magic = win.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back