• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Dark Road ► Dark Road General Discussion Thread

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

SweetYetSalty

Awards
Unless Yen Sid gets his own backstory game, I’m calling Normura out as a liar and walking away to get some ice cream to replenish the innocence blackened by his filthy deceits
I honestly don't know where Yen Sid will fit in in this. They said he was a Keyblade Master as well and we've gotten nothing from him in Dark Road. At least nothing I can remember. Yen Sid never even has a scene with Master Xehanort in any of the other KH games. I would not be surprise if they soft-retcon this connection.

Sonofjafar

Awards
I honestly don't know where Yen Sid will fit in in this. They said he was a Keyblade Master as well and we've gotten nothing from him in Dark Road. At least nothing I can remember. Yen Sid never even has a scene with Master Xehanort in any of the other KH games. I would not be surprise if they soft-retcon this connection.
I just find it ironic that the character representing Disney to the point of his name being Disney backwards is left out of most lore based stuff while the character who’s the same thing for Square gets to be in all the lore

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards
I just find it ironic that the character representing Disney to the point of his name being Disney backwards is left out of most lore based stuff while the character who’s the same thing for Square gets to be in all the lore
The only reason why Yen Sid was not involved with Kingdom Hearts Dark Road is because Disney never designed a young Yen Sid and Nomura cannot redesign an existing Disney character.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
The only reason why Yen Sid was not involved with Kingdom Hearts Dark Road is because Disney never designed a young Yen Sid and Nomura cannot redesign an existing Disney character.
Nomura could absolutely do that. This isn’t the old days. We have games like Mirrorverse that do this very thing in a very bold way.

It is more likely that Yen Sid is a legacy character that is protected by Disney.

Chie

Awards
It might also be possible that Nomura assumes he can't do that, so doesn't bother trying to hold a meeting with Disney executives over it. Games are easier to make when you don't have to explain yourself to an IP holder for every decision you make.

Sonofjafar

Awards
It might also be possible that Nomura assumes he can't do that, so doesn't bother trying to hold a meeting with Disney executives over it. Games are easier to make when you don't have to explain yourself to an IP holder for every decision you make.
Tbf, recent history has shown that Disney really doesn’t think care about the legacy of their IPs as long as they make them money

Back