• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Darkness Reborn

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Stavvy

Legendary Member
Awards
Max looked down to the one who had approached him, "In my home we've no need for typical soldiers, should a dispute need to be settled it is settled in the ring." He could tell his words weren't making much sense, "Allow me to try again." With a moment of thought and a deep breath, he continued on. "Each city or settlement has a duke or duchhess who holds a tournament each cycle to decide who their respective champion is. Those then fight atop God's Might, a mountain that can be seen from cities all over, to become THE Champ; which was me. I was a symbol of peace and strength to both young and old. Defender of Justice, the Unyealding Wall and Hammer of God: Max Black." Max's voice rose, unknowingly, as he recited some of the titles bestowed upon him. He hadn't realized how long he was going on but he hoped that cleared up some of the confusion. It isn't often a thing that would ever even have to be explained; everyone seemed to know it by birth.

Looking around the white room, he couldn't help but feel a sense of familiarity, but if it reminded him of some sort of training room, he couldn't say. There was just something nagging at the back of his mind that he couldn't let go. He ran a hand through his auburn hair, as he tried to make his next comment brief. "To put it in another way, we act as a force for when matters aren't deadly. We still have some form of special unit when needed, but I've never heard of such a case. As far as I've known, it's always been that way."

Story Keeper

Anxious Writer
Awards
Sending out my soul to worlds more beautiful
~- Hi, Wanna Be Friends? -~

Rae heard the ruckus around him, and he caught a glimpse of another girl moving toward them. A smile spreading across his face, he waved at them and called, "Hi, what's your name? Do you want to be friends?" And with that he was bolting off to meet this new girl, which meant he didn't see the annoyed eye roll from Aiden nor did he hear the muttered, "Parakeet. Hyper puppy. Take your pick on description."

Because while he didn't hear it, Rae knew that's what Aiden had said since he'd come under fire from the other boy's jabs before hand. Stopping in front of the girl, he examined her face and chatted excited, "Do you have any idea of what your powers are? Where are you from? My name's Rae and I'm not sure what I can do yet, although me and my friends are from a place called earth."

Yeah....he was probably asking one too many questions so soon, but Rae just wanted to make a couple of new friends. Thinking of Sahara, he chatted, "Do you want to meet another of us? If so I can introduce you to her, one of my other friends should be over there. Although she's not from the same world as me and the group I came here with, what do you say?"

Rae made a mental note to "lay off the caffeine", which was a problem since he tried to avoid it in the first place.

~- I Don't Like This -~

Sage mauled over the information they'd been given. He wasn't sure how much of Sebastian's spiel he believed, although it seemed like some of it made sense. He did feel different since arriving in this room, his skin was itchy and there were these odd flashes of events going through his head. Some of the images were disturbing, but he didn't want to bring attention to himself. He casually scanned his surroundings, searching for someone out of his group. He was pressed against the wall, crouched in the shadows to keep the other Chosen from spotting him.

He knew that Rae and the others would be able to find him, this was an old quirk of his.

Sage closed his eyes, and instantly regretted it with the explosion of images that appeared in his mind's eye. He tensed, unable to do anything but ride out the visions that flashed through his mind. His stomach twisted itself into knots, and he fought the desire to retch as the sensation of flames licked at his skin, the smoke stinging his eyes and throat. The screams bounced around inside his head, and Sage doubled over, coughing as he tried to get some fresh air into his lungs.

Breathing heavily, he was snapped out of it as he felt a presence on his right. Eyes opening, gold met grey as Omari peered at him with a worried expression. Clinging to the older boy, Sage buried his face into his friend's shoulder and breathed in his scent. It was a much needed comfort after the strange sensation he'd just went through, Sage found comfort in the awkward embrace that he found himself getting wrapped up in. Snuggling closer, Sage tried to find the words to explain what happened, but one look from Omari and he fell silent.

He didn't have to talk about it now, he could take his time.

Rising to his feet, Sage looked around the room, trying to find Rae and Aiden even as he leaned into Omari. Spotting them, he pointed them out and saw the nod from Omari. As one, the two headed across the room, trying to avoid coming into contact with the other Chosen.

Awards
"Hi! Nice to meet you! I'm Sunshine! Sure we can be friends!" Sunshine laughed as she stuck out her hand and gave him a firm handshake. She could hear his thoughts going a million miles a second, which amused her since she knew he was energetic the second he said hi. Immediately after her introduction, he peppered her with question.

"Okay, okay yeah. Um, I can read thoughts, which is giving me a splitting headache with all of them zooming around right now, but I'll deal with that later. I think I can do something else, but I don't know what it is right now. I'm from a planet called Destrion! I've heard of earth before. I don't think it's too far from earth. Only about a galaxy or two away." She explained, talking at a fast pace to match his.

Rae smiled brightly at her replies before suggesting meeting the rest of his group, and Sahara. "That would be awesome Rae," Sunshine replied, "I want to meet as many people as I can!"

As they walked to join his group, a strong image caught her attention. Glancing around, Sunshine was able to pinpoint who's it was. A boy was doubled over and in seemingly a lot of distress. And she could tell why. The images flooding her head when she looked at him were none too pleasant. When he glanced up, she recognized his face from a memory of Rae's when he mentioned his friends. Tugging on Rae's sleeve, she nodded over a Sage who was now with Omari. "Is you're friend okay?"

Story Keeper

Anxious Writer
Awards
Sending out my soul to worlds more beautiful
~- Friendly Exchange and Explainations -~

Rae smiled at Sunshine, happy to meet a new friend. He nodded along to her answers, and he started to lead her back to Aiden and Sahara when Sunshine stopped him in his tracks. Following the direction of her eyes, and his throat tightened when he saw the clear distress in Sage's expression. A frown coming to his eyes, Rae answered back, "I don't know, but something's got him upset."

He stood there waiting for them, his expression growing more worried as his thoughts raced with possibilities. He didn't mean for it to happen, but his concern overruled everything else. When the two reach them, Rae opened his mouth to ask what was wrong only to close it. Omari shot him a look, causing the reaction as Omari explained, "Sage is dealing with his new ability, that's all."

"I don't like it," Sage whispered, gold eyes sad.

Rae nodded in answer, a shy smile spreading across his face as he tried to figure out what to say. Looking to Sunshine, he commented, "Omari and Sage, this is Sunshine. Aiden's over with Sahara, but are you---?"

"Yeah, I'm good."

Rae caught the unspoken thing, that Sage wasn't okay but he had no idea what had happened to cause it. Nodding his head, Rae smiled at Sunshine, doing his best to keep his thoughts to himself even though he had a feeling that it was currently impossible for Sunshine to not notice his unease. Once everyone was ready, Rae lead them back over to where Aiden and Sahara was. Aiden immediately took in everyone's appearance and remarked, "Wow Sage, you look like shit."

Sage muttered something in Spanish that Rae didn't feel like translating, nor did he feel like focusing on Aiden's rude reply. Instead he focused on Omari, who was just watching the whole thing unfold, and Rae's eyes softened at the look on Omari's face. Most people couldn't read it, in fact Rae had just learned how to read it where Seth would have known from the beginning. Looking to the other two, Rae ordered softly, "That's enough."

Aiden and Sage instantly got their act together, muttering a quick apology to Omari before focusing on Sunshine. Rae wasn't surprised by the guard look that flickered in Aiden's eyes, he knew that would happen. Turning to Sunshine, he apologized, "Sorry for Aiden's behavior, he's always a little guarded at first, blame recent events."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back