• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Darkness will become Light/ Light will fall into darkness

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Fire's fan

probably holed up somewhere watching Black Butler
Could this mean that Riku is going to become the light and Sora become evil or struggle with darkness? If so how would that happen? It could mean the future death of Kairi, that's really the only reason Sora would ever be tempted by darkness.

What do you think?

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
What? Where are you getting all this from?

billyzanesucks

Not really. Bad people on the side of light tend to have some misconceptions of what good is, and just think that all darkness is bad.

@chihuahuaman
You haven't seen the "TGS 2011 page" thread?

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
Not really. Bad people on the side of light tend to have some misconceptions of what good is, and just think that all darkness is bad.

@chihuahuaman
You haven't seen the "TGS 2011 page" thread?

Yes I have. I forgot about that. And what do you mean bad people? Eraqus was like that, and he wasn't evil.

billyzanesucks

Yes I have. I forgot about that. And what do you mean bad people? Eraqus was like that, and he wasn't evil.
Hence why I said 'misconceptions'. Eraqus and Aqua, while not doing anything exacty evil, think that all darkness is bad somehow and light is always good.

kupo1121

We are Moogle! Hear us...kupo?
Awards
Hence why I said 'misconceptions'. Eraqus and Aqua, while not doing anything exacty evil, think that all darkness is bad somehow and light is always good.

Exactly, in that way, light can be bad because one can be so blinded by light, that they try to rid the world of darkness as they view it as the "sole heart of evil" when clearly, like Riku, darkness can be used for good. Not to mention these people don't realize that one can't exist without the other.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Lol Kairi won't die. That's stupid.

Light =/= Good
Darkness =/=Evil

It is the intent that makes an action good or bad.

Sora will probably have to face some inner issues that are connected to the Darkness inside of him. In Re:coded, Anti-Sora is the main reason for the Data Bugs in the journal, and considering how Re:coded is the bridge to 3D, we need to take that into consideration. Sora's mainly Light, but even the brightest light will cast the darkest shadows.

Riku will probably shine as a hero considering he's spent three games redeeming himself by watching over Sora while he slept and allowing the Darkness inside him take over so he could be strong enough to protect Sora and Kairi.

Zul

Awards
I always thought of Sora as one who primarily wields Light but sees Darkness from the same perspective as Riku. Sora exploring Darkness and Riku leaning towards light is a possibility though. That one line is very wide open right now in terms of speculation.

blueheart

Bronze Member
Intent can definitely play a part in the ethics of an action, depending on the theory you ascribe to.
But they do not define ethics completely.

Xehanort, Terra, and Riku all had good intentions that produced evil results.

? What good intentions did he have? I guess studying the heart does count.

But, losing sight of that intention and replacing it with a bad one, is when you become evil.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
? What good intentions did he have? I guess studying the heart does count.

But, losing sight of that intention and replacing it with a bad one, is when you become evil.

An excerpt from Xehanort Report VIII

My brother pupil Eraqus thinks only in absolutes. He has persuaded himself that light is the only way, but forgets that light cannot exist without shadow. I believe a balance of light and darkness is what sustains our World, but too much of the darkness has been stamped out, disrupting that balance. Someone must tear down this tyranny of light and reorganize the World around the darkness which then creeps back in.

digimikej

Awards
i can totally see this as riku using light and sora using darkness. because riku is meant to be twilight according to CoM, and sora was fine with being a "hero of darkness" when he was stuck on the dark meridian. they said something like, "we will be the darkness", so yea, sora could very well use darkness considering thats the last custscene of the last game that sora was in chronologically.

Relix

A traveler
Awards
For some reason that line sort of makes me think that the line between light and darkness will be blurred. Or those associated with the light will 'fall to darkness' and those associated with the darkness will 'become the light'. A majority of the people within the KH universe believe good=light and darkness=evil perhaps something will happen that will make these assumptions "flipped." Idk what I'm saying anymore. Its a very vague line.

Megavoltage

Awards
Darkness will become light- This probably is about Riku becoming a big hero like everyone already said but I have another idea. Ansem Seeker of Darkness and Xemnas represent the darkness. Terra represents the light. After Ansem SoD and Xemnas are defeated again Terra gets restored.

loke13

Waiting on FF XV and KH3 :D
To be fair darkness is inherently bad and it consumes and corrupts a good individual it's roots are usually based on negative emotions and warp an individual's sense of self Riku is the best example of this I can see but like Riku darkness can be used for good thar doesn't necessarily mean it's nature is still to corrupt, consume and destroy. If you let your guard down around it will take advantage of that.

Not to mention using the power seems to warps your own physical appearance.

Radar

Bronze Member
kh1 started with sora.

kh2 started with roxas.

kh3 will start with riku, (because sora fell to darkness.) I mean cmon it has to happen. Yeah he will come back to the light, but he has to fall at least a little (to make some god dang character development.) It makes sense to me.

KingdomSoul333

Bronze Member
I think that darkness (vanitas) becomes light (sora), light (sora) falls into darkness (vanitas) basically vanitas takes control of sora somehow and sora falls to him. Probably wont happen and many things are wrong with the theory but it would be cool

Radar

Bronze Member
I think that darkness (vanitas) becomes light (sora), light (sora) falls into darkness (vanitas) basically vanitas takes control of sora somehow and sora falls to him. Probably wont happen and many things are wrong with the theory but it would be cool
Em, perhaps. But vanitas is hardly really connected to sora at all, (he is closer to ven) he just looks like sora. what would vanitas want with sora anyway, do you think?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back