• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Data Clash (A Battle Network AU RP)

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cassette-Disk

Don't Panic
Awards
Website
steamcommunity.com
“…Moving on to Net News, the sudden increase in viruses on the net might be the cause of a terrorist group only known as ‘URL‘, Officials say.”
“Oy!” A redhaired Navi screamed, “Lookit! We’re on the TV!” From behind, a large stone Navi marched toward Cookieman to get a better look. A girl with a green hat resembling a frog was on the nearby cyber screen. The camera angle was zoomed in so that you can only see her head and the upper part of her chest. She had a bright smile on, despite the possible seriousness of what was leaving her lips.

“Though there is no real proof that there even is a terrorist group to begin with, Officials still warn the public to be cautious on the net, and to practice net battling in order to fight off viruses. And of course, in order to participate in the upcoming N1 Grand Prix!”
With those last words, the woman held her hands out as the camera zoomed out to reveal her location: a large indoor stadium with rows upon rows of seats. She stood in the center where a single large terminal stood behind her, serving as the battleground for the N1. Even from the low resolution of the screen, it was obvious it had multiple jack-in ports on each side, and the top of the machine had multiple hologram projectors aiming above to show the audience the action inside the machine. At the moment, the projectors showed an empty battlefield, the ground a soft blue color while the “sky” was a dark green.
“That’s right folks!” The woman went on, “We here at DNN have managed to get exclusive access, and knowledge, to where, when, and how the N1 Grand Prix will go down! And we’ll be giving away these secrets bit by bit! Tune in tomorrow to find out where I am now, and where the battle will take place! …But I’ll give you a small hint for now: ‘Those who live by the sea, might already see!’ That’s not at all difficult, is it? Ribitta over and out!”
With that, the woman was replaced by a smiling man sitting in a desk. He began to report on other news, but in reality barley anyone cared about what he had to say.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

William was sitting on a chair, drinking a cup of dark coffee and enjoying the small break he was given after a hard day’s work.
“Boy, wouldn’t mind gettin’ in on some of that N1 action m’self.” He said before taking a sip.
“We intendin’ to join in, then, pardner?” Came the reply from his PET, perched against a napkin holder. Tex was in his usual place, moving screens about searching the web for any leaked information the DNN might have slipped.
“Heck reckon!” Will answered happily. Before they got any further in their conversation, a young ranch hand walked in.
“Will,” He said, “I think there’s something wrong with the feeders. They haven’t given out any food in the last few hours. Can you make sure there’s nothing wrong with them? We’re starting to think they might have a virus.” Tex halted his screen manipulation and looked at Will.
“Looks like it’s time for a test drive.” He said with a small smile. Will made his way to the feeders. They, obviously, fed and gave water to the animals on the ranch, making everyone’s job just a bit easier. Will hated that job, so he was happy with this new inclusion. The actual feeding was done by a program inside a nearby machine. The jack port had some hay in it, but Will quickly moved them out of the way.
“Jack in, Tex.EXE, execute!”
Click!

Tex was instantly transported into the cyber world, the ground beneath him was a light green color, while the world around him remained black. He often wondered what were to happen if he were to fall off the cyber road. Of course he could just jack out if that were to happen, but what if he couldn’t? He shook his head and began moving forward, looking for the program in charge. It didn’t take long to find it, floating slightly above the ground as always. It’s green “skin” occasionally clattered with static electricity. It looked as if it was trying to talk to him, but no words left his mouth. Tex grabbed the veil from his neck and moved it over his mouth, anticipating an attack.
“Will. I found the program. Don’t look to good, and he ain’t responding. I think the young’un was right. There’s a virus here. A big one too, by the looks of it.”
“Stay vigiliant, partner.” Will told him. “Can’t have this virus runnin’ the place. Anyway to--” There was a sound of soft footsteps rushing toward the program and Tex.
“Incomin’.” Tex said, facing the footsteps, one revolver drawn, loaded, and aimed at the noise. A large beast-like virus ran toward them on all fours. Tex pulled the trigger, sending a blast into it’s head.
“That didn’t slow it down one bit.” He said, biting his lip. “Gonna need me some chips.”
“Right.” Will answered. “Cybersword battlechip, in.” With that, a light blue sword appeared in front of Tex, which he grabbed before rushin towards the beast. He swung at it, but it’s head was as hard as a rock and they clashed in a test of strength for a second before both jumping back.
“More fire power.” Tex gasped.
“R-right. Widesword chip, in.” A second sword appeared in front of Tex. Putting away his revolver, Tex picked it up with his now spare hand.
“We ain’t never duel-bladed.” He said simply. “You sure about this?”
“Look, partner,” Will said, “I ain’t complainin’ or nuthin, but all I’ve gotten these last two hands were swords and recover chips, so we’ll just have to deal with it.”

Another clash, this time Tex managed to send the beast staggering back.
“It’s workin’.” He said calmly. “Got anything new? These swords are starting to feel a bit cracked.”
“Jus’ a barrier and a Longsword. I’ll send ‘em in.” The blue semi-transparent barrier silently covered Tex’s body, but the Longsword never came. Just as Tex was about to inquire about the missing chip, he felt a massive amount of energy above him. Both his swords vanished, and in their place, above his head, hovered what felt like a beam of energy. Wordlessly, Tex grabbed the newly forged energy sword and swung at the virus, deleting it instantly. The sword also vanished after the swing, leaving both operator and Navi confused. After fixing the program and making sure the animals were fed, Tex looked out from his PET.
“We oughta head to Scilab. Not only can we get him to tell us about what happened, but it’s by the ocean.”
“What’s so special about the ocean?” Will asked.
“You forgot already? ‘Those who live by the sea might already see’? She was talkin’ about the ocean. If we go there, we might catch a glimpse of whatever she was hintin’ at.” Will nodded and began to make his way into town.

Mirby

Too many games too little time
Awards
Website
twitch.tv
Taylor Lyn was having fun surfin' the net with her Navi, WombatMan, when she got an e-mail. Inside was a link to the video of Ribitta explaining the N1 and the clue.

"Hey, WombatMan, itchin' for a battle?" Talyn asked her Navi.

"Aye, you know I have been for a while now!" WombatMan responded gruffly.

"Oh, I'm hurt. You mean those viruses aren't good enough for the mighty WombatMan?" she teased.

"Oh shut it, Talyn. You know the only real fights are Navi against Navi!" WombatMan snapped back.

"Okay okay I get it. So what do you think she means by ‘Those who live by the sea, might already see!’ hmm?"

"Why you askin' me? I just want to kick some Navi butt!" WombatMan shuffled a bit, sniffing for an adversary. "And there ain't any around here!"

"Well I think the first thing we should do is head to the sea. Maybe then we'll see whatever it is..."

"But I hate the water! Makes my fur all smelly..." he groaned.

"Oh hush, we're going there and you'll get that battle lust of yours settled. Got it?" Talyn said quickly.

"Fiiine... But I'm gettin' there my own way!"

"Go ahead! Let's see who gets there first!"

"You're on!" The two raced off to head to the seaside...

---

Meanwhile in a nearby tree, a strange man in a lab coat lay crouched. He grinned knowingly and leapt to parts unknown.

State

Awards
Apparently, both of you are RPing in an afternoon scenario, so I'll do the same~

"Okay everybody, it's time to close them books!" Exclaimed Prof. Teclado after the bell rang.

"Remember to do your homework for tomorrow!"

"Yes, Professor." Everyone synchronously said, replying to his infamous, signature quote.

Miles grabbed his red, mechanic pencil and stocked it in his backpack, along with his Jeanbook notebook with Mettaur stickers all over it. He got up from his chair, grabbed his backpack and left the classroom. He put his hands on his pocket while listening to some music. Completely distracted, he didn't notice the sign that read WET FLOOR and fell on his butt. The impact changed his PET from MP3 to FM. As he got up, he started listening to a commercial advertising the N1 Gran Prix.

"The event of events!" Said the announcer.

"An occasion when Netbattlers and their Netnavis join forces!"

"THIS *pause* is the N1 Gran Prix!"

"This message was brought to you by SciLab. SciLab, if Science can't do it, SciLab can!"

"Oh yeah..." Said Red to himself.

"The N1 Gran Prix. That's when a lot of Netbattlers come from around and face-off."

As he said all of that, he started daydreaming about Netbattling; confronting different types of Navis, using diverse chips, strategies, etc.

"RED!!!" A screeching sound came from his PET.

"Gah!" Red was startled, dropping his earphones on the floor and accidentally steeping on them.

"Guaraguao! This is the THIRD pair of earphones you make me break!"

"Hmph! It's not my fault you're always daydreaming."

"What is it this time?"

"Your dad sent an e-mail; he wants you to be careful with the sudden outbursts of viruses on the Net."

"Nothing new."

"He also says the Industry will send a security update package."

"Another one?!"

"I'm as tired as you are of processing data, but remember they have to appear useful and alert against these threats. They're a business, after all."

"Right."

Miles kept walking until he reached ACDC Park, where he sits on the bench and takes a small break before he walks again to his house.

Teclado comes from the Spanish for keyboard.

Awards
Chapter 1

This scenario was meant to be morning, but since it seems to be afternoon, I have no choice but to edit my scenario. And perhaps share the setting with another, if that's okay.

The school bell rang.

"Okay everybody, it's time to close your books!" Exclaimed Mrs. Weber after the bell rang. "Remember to do your homework!"

"Yes, Ma'am.", everyone synchronously replied.

With that, Bowen stowed his laptop into his bag, both of which were riddled with stickers depicting six certain individuals that were of the same shape of his Navi Acilnor. (1) He also stored away his pencil case and notebook, then got up from his chair, grabbed his backpack, and left the classroom. As he traversed the hallways, his PET vibrated from its holster on his belt. He took it out and Acilnor was there seemingly tapping his hoof on the screen.

"Bowen, you got mail.", he said. "You should read it."

"Okay." Bowen accessed the E-Mail feature. Inside was a link to the video of Ribitta explaining the N1 and the clue. "Interesting. I've been waiting for this day."

"Are you certain we got what it takes, Bowen?"

"Hey, we repelled those URL Navis all the time, remember? Especially those four who seem to have a bone to pick with us if their former frequency was anything to go by."

"‘Those who live by the sea, might already see.’ Now what they hay does that mean?"

Bowen chuckled from the rhyme. And from Acilnor's susbstitution of 'heck' with 'hay'. "Who knows? Perhaps we'll find a hint by heading seaside. But first, let's head home."

B—A—B—A—B—A—B—A—B—A (Bowen, Acilnor)

Around an hour later, Bowen was at the door to his house. As he unlocked the door with his key, he opened it and called out, "I'm home!" The living room was in view, where his sister and father were watching television.

His father had black eyes, silky, straight, brown hair worn in a style that reminded Bowen of a helmet, a graceful build, tanned skin, and a pointed chin. He currently wore a semi-formal blue polo t-shirt, black pants, and loafers. He was home early, although he has a little more work to do through the computer.

His sister Artemis had black eyes, long, wavy, fine, coffee-colored hair, fair skin, and a graceful figure. She currently wore a violet shirt with a clock decal in front (which is also the insignia for her custom NetNavi TimeMan), a purple A-line skirt, two yellow hair ribbons, gray socks, and yellow sneakers.

"Good afternoon, Bowen.", they greeted.

"Good afternoon, Dad, Artemis.", Bowen greeted back.

"Oh dear me.", another voice came. It came from the kitchen and the three Solanum family members turned their heads in that general direction.

"I wonder what's wrong?", Artemis asked.

"Mom's cooking.", said Dad. "Let's go check."

The three of them went to the kitchen, where Mom's at the microwave.

She had brown eyes, silky, curly, neck-length, jet-black hair worn in a handsome, precise style, a tall stature, had a leggy build, a ruddy complexion, and stubby-fingered hands. She currently wore a simple orange blouse and an apron.

She turned to the three with a worried face. "Afternoon, Bowen." She was holding her PET in her hands and its cord was connected to the microwave's jack port.

"Afternoon, Mom.", Bowen greeted back. "You look upset. What's wrong?"

"The microwave's broken, so I can't make dinner… Marigold says there are viruses in there." Marigold was Mom's NetNavi.

Now where have I seen this scenario before?, Bowen thought, then said, "Just leave it to me." (2)

"Mind if I let TimeMan help?", Artemis asked, holding out her own PET.

"Sure." Together, the two of them pulled out the cord from their PETs and got ready to thrust the plug into the microwave's jack port. "Jack in, Acilnor, power up!"

"Jack in, TimeMan, power up!"

Click! Click!

S—O—L—A—N—U—M (Bowen, Romero, Artemis, Eleanor; the Solanum family)

Two flashes of light descended into the microwave's computer system and formed the bodies of Acilnor and TimeMan. The system was a wide expanse of blue, with a green-and-yellow grid. Ahead, they could see an orange NormalNavi, Marigold. She was looking ahead.

"Where's the problem, Marigold?", Acilnor asked as he trotted up to her, TimeMan walking up next to him.

"It's viruses.", she answered as then pointed a finger ahead. "They're attacking Mr. Prog."

TimeMan and Acilnor turned to see a band of Mettaurs and Spikeys attacking Mr. Prog, who was floating about in panic as it dodged the viruses' attacks. Already, the program had a few nicks and bruises.

"Mind if I help this time?", TimeMan asked Acilnor in a patient voice.

"Sure. I could use a hoof."

"You know, you're weird when you speak like that."

"Apologies. It's in my programming."

"Apology accepted." TimeMan then gave a whistle, catching the viruses' attention.

"AH, ACILNOR, TIMEMAN!!", cried out Mr. Prog. "PLEASE HELP ME!!"

"Marigold, you should jack out.", advised Acilnor.

"Okay. I'll leave it to you." With that, Marigold's body converted into a couple of vertically arranged blocky words "JACK OUT", then disappeared.

"Let's do this, TimeMan."

"Hmph."

"Let's see how good you are, kids.", Dad said to their NetOps.

"Watch us delete these in a minute, Dad.", Artemis said.

"Let's go!", declared TimeMan as his left arm morphed into his TimeBuster. Acilnor's horn glowed as he prepared to fire.

Deciding not to waste any time, the viruses charged. The Spikeys ran about and shot fireballs from their mouths. Both NetNavis nimbly dodged the attacks. The Mettaurs started swinging their pickaxes around, striking the ground, wrecking the terrain, and creating shockwaves.

"TimeMan!", Acilnor said as he fired shots from his horn, each of them striking a virus, which ceased all activity as they were encased in cubes. These cubes then separated into 27 smaller cubes each and dissipated as they were deleted.

"Yeah?", the purple Navi replied as he fired clock hand-shaped lasers from his TimeBuster, each of them piercing through at least two viruses each and deleting them.

"Protect Mr. Prog!" Said program was running out of energy to move.

"On it!" Quickly, TimeMan moved to Mr. Prog, who was about to get slashed by a Mettaur's pickaxe. He kicked it out of the way in time, then said, "Artemis! Chips! Now!"

"Roger that! Vulcan BattleChip, in! Download!" In seconds, the Vulcan appeared in TimeMan's right hand and he fired away, busting every virus within range.

"Bubbler BattleChip, in! Download!", said Bowen as he inserted a BattleChip into his PET. In seconds, a Bubbler gun appeared at Acilnor's right, and the equine Navi started blasting away with it, creating bubbles wherever he hit. Each time he hit a virus, the area behind them also exploded in bubbles, catching the Spikeys off guard as they attempted to hide (as a pathetic effort) behind the Mettaurs and each other.

Before they knew it, all of the viruses were gone.

"What did I tell you, Dad?", Artemis said. "We cleared them in a minute!"

"Technically, we took 53 seconds.", pointed out TimeMan. "But that's less than a minute, so it's still good."

"It's okay now. You all right?", Acilnor asked Mr. Prog.

"I'M FINE, THANKS TO YOU TWO." Mr. Prog then began to move about when it suddenly winced in pain. "…OW! OUCH!"

"I had a feeling something was wrong.", TimeMan said as he came over to Mr. Prog. "You're hurt, aren't you?"

"I THINK MY IGNITION SYSTEM IS BROKEN. I WON"T BE ABLE TO HEAT ANYTHING."

"Well then, I can't make any dinner.", Mom realized. "What can we do?"

"Don't you think it's a little too early for dinner yet, Mom?", said Bowen.

"Oh, right. I guess it can wait."

"Still, we should get him fixed up.", said Dad. "I think a Recovery Patch will do the trick. I'll have Azure purchase one in the Net." Azure was his Dad's NetNavi.

"We should jack out.", said TimeMan.

"I concur.", agreed Acilnor.

S—O—L—A—N—U—M

A while later…

Bowen had decided to take off again, saying he was heading seaside. To DenBeach, to be precise. As he cruised along the sidewalk on his scooter, he conversed with Acilnor.

"Who do you think we'll fight in the N1 Grand Prix?", asked Acilnor.

"I'm not sure. We should really find some place where there are NetBattlers."

"You wanted to head seaside because of the hint, remember?"

"Oh, right. Hey, is that…" Bowen was surprised to see what was ahead of him.

(1) Wouldn't want to end up doing "copyright infringements".

(2) Yeah I took this from MMBN4. This "chapter" also takes elements from that game too.

Last edited:

State

Awards
"Well, it's time to go home." Miles said, as he got up from the bench and started walking.

"Miles?" GuaraguaoMan unexpectedly said.

"Hmm?"

"Isn't it today when your parents and sister visit your uncle Enlace?"

"You must mean mom's brother, dad's brother-in-law and sis' uncle." He said, with an annoyed expression.

"Not water under the bridge?"

"More like fire upon the bridge."

"Gotta give you credit for altering the saying."

Anyhow, just as they kept talking, Miles noticed that the door to his house was slightly opened.

"Hmm?" He said as he slowly approached the door.

"I thought everybody was supposed to be at the other town at 1pm."

"They are." Miles replied as he used the index finger on his right hand to point at the garden.

"She said she'd water the fake flowers once she left."

"Right, the ground's wet."

"So it isn't anyone of the family..."

"It must be a burglar!" They both said, synchronously.

Enclace is the Spanish for link.

Last edited:

Cassette-Disk

Don't Panic
Awards
Website
steamcommunity.com
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
A large crowd had gathered at DenBeach. Not that this was surprising since people loved to swim in the clear blue water during this time of year, but what made this different than the other times was that the crowd had gathered off the golden sand and instead onto a sidewalk. Just a stone throw’s away from the main beach stood a newly erected bridge that lead into the ocean. At the end of the bridge sat what looked like a large white dome. At the entrance, a DNN news van was parked, spiking the interest of anyone with the eyesight to spot it. People smart or lucky enough to bring binoculars were the first to notice, and quickly spread the information to everyone else. The large crowd chatted away restlessly, waiting for something to happen. As much as most of them wanted to go into the dome, they had found that the entrance on this side was completely blocked off by not only signs, but guards as well. Many people pleaded with the guards to let them in, or at least to tell them any new information they had. The guards, however, might as well have been statues. They stood perfectly still, ignoring everyone’s questions. The only thing that set them apart was that if someone got too close, they would glare at them until they backed away.

Minutes passed, but the crowd did not disperse, and everyone could feel how restless it was becoming. The heat was starting to get to everyone, and being packed into a small area like a sidewalk staring at a far-off dome wasn’t helping at all. Just when some began to worry that things might get violent, someone came out of the dome. Two someones. Then a third. One of them got in the driver’s side seat of the van while the other two ignored it, and began making their way down the long bridge and toward the crowd. It didn’t take long for people to recognize some of the figures, and the crowd began to shout out to them.
“Ribitta! Please tell us about the N1!”
“Can I have your autograph, Ribitta?!”
“I LOOOOVE YOU RIBITTAAA LET ME HAVE YOUR BAAABIEEES!”
When Ribitta and her camera man made it within earshot of the crowd, the cameraman began rolling.
“Hello again fellow Netbattlers!” She cried cheerfully. “I told you it was an easy clue, didn’t I?” With that, the crowd roared in response. The camera panned over the crowd as they cheered before going back to the announcer’s cheerful face. “As you can see, this dome is by the sea, meaning the sea sees what we want to see, see?” She was glad she had gotten that sentence right. Despite how easy she made it look to say, she had to practice that line at least twenty times before she could say without stumbling on her words. “No doubt about it, folks! This will be the home of the N1 Grand Prix, the battle dome of the century, the gladiator’s coliseum, the battle field of the mighty warriors! As a friendly reminder to anyone who has not enlisted to participate, the preliminaries are still being held until tomorrow! But those early birds who are already enrolled are in for a treat!” The van driver had made his way to the newscaster by now and had silently parked near her ready to leave at a moment’s notice.

“As many of you are aware, our very own DenBeach has been building a very special water park in the middle of the ocean. They just announced that it will be open to the public the same day as the N1 Grand Prix as a celebration!” Another roar from the crowd, this one slightly louder as more people had begun to arrive after Ribitta’s news casting had begun. “However, we here at DNN have also found that they are offering a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to those brave souls already participating in the N1: an exclusive two day prerelease pass to the park, where they will be able to enjoy, relax, and socialize with their fellow battlers! Isn’t that just amazingly kind of them?” And all it took was a sponsorship. She thought to herself cynically. “Those who wish to enjoy the park must present their N1 Battler Pass to the boatman at DenBeach! You can also bet that the DNN crew will be there to get on the scene interviews with the participates as well! Don’t forget your swimming trunks and lotion! Ribitta, over and out!” The cameraman turned off the camera. As soon as he did, Ribitta’s cheerful face dropped, and she began to slouch.
“Do we have any water bottles left in the van?” She asked the cameraman over the sound of the crowd’s loud cheering, sounding utterly defeated. “As much as I love this job, this heat is killing me…”
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Processing…

Email sent
It has come to my attention that a large amount of N1 Grand Prix participates will be at the DenBeach’s water park prerelease. It would be foolish to let an opportunity like this slip by. I am ordering SplashWoman to go and cause any and all havoc possible. The park is kept afloat with a certain pump program. Start with the main pump control room. In there, you will find the program keeping the park afloat. By attacking and deleting the program, you will cause the park to sink. Normally, the engineers who built the park also installed a siren program designed to call for help if this were to occur, since the park is too far from land to swim to. Another URL opt. must hack into the communications tower and deactivate the siren programming. Once the park begins to sink, the operators are to head to the east most area, where they will find a small motor boat waiting for them, ready to take them to safety. The job of disabling the communications program is available to whichever Navi feels like causing havoc the most. Any other URL operatives are free to join them, but this not required, and the less who do join, the better. If found, it will be fairly easy to have everyone believe that the incidents were caused by bugs being overlooked by the park’s early opening.
--URL

Mirby

Awards
Website
twitch.tv
Talyn quickly made it to DenBeach, and looked out over the massive crowd that had gathered. As she picked up her PET, she noticed WombatMan was already there.

"How long have you been there?!?" Talyn asked, surprised.

"Since you got on the train," WombatMan responded with a smirk."Remember, most Navis can travel through the web with relative ease, but only I can tunnel directly to my destination."

"Show-off. Now let's see what this commotion is about, eh?" WombatMan grunted in agreement. As she managed to make her way through the crowd, she heard snippets of conversations.

"...a floating park, eh? Sounds pricey..."

"...I wonder who's gonna take first place..."

"...let's hope this all goes swimmingly..."

Talyn finally got to the front of the crowd and saw it. A floating water park out in the distance, and it looked great. "We have to get on that thing..." she said with amazement in her voice.

"You know I don't like the water..." WombatMan grumbled.

"Oh hush, you'll get to fight some other Navis if we go, okay? Now let's find where these preliminaries are being held, eh?"

Awards
Chapter 2

Bowen couldn't believe his eyes. Sure, he expected this, but it was still a sight to behold. There was a large crowd gathered at DenBeach. However, they weren't on the golden sands as would be expected of them during this time of year but on a sidewalk. About a meter or two away from the main beach stood a newly erected bridge that led into the ocean.

As Bowen made his way towards the crowd, he could see that the bridge connected to what looked like a large white dome. At the entrance, there seemed to be a van belonging to a broadcast network. Luckily, he had brought binoculars along and looked throught them to see that the van belonged to DNN News. As he shuffled along the railway that kept people from falling into the sea, he could see that the entrance was blocked by signs and guards.

Minutes passed and already Bowen was sweltering from the summer sun. Just then, he could see three people emerge from the dome. One of them entered the van to drive while the other two made their way down the long bridge to the crowd. Judging by the cries of the crowd a second later, it could be deduced that one of them was Ribitta, a well-known news anchor. The other person was her cameraman.

As Ribitta began to speak, Bowen listened intently even if his eyes roamed the area. Upon hearing her mention the preliminaries, he reminisced on that battle that enlisted him to participate. It was (yet) a(nother) battle against the class bully at school; Roni Dalc with his NetNavi HardMan.

B—A—B—A—B—A—B—A—B—A—B—A

"This time, victory shall be mine!"

Roni had been challenging Bowen to yet another NetBattle. Ever since his first defeat, he hasn't stopped trying to find a chance to defeat him. Fortunately, not once has he resorted to cheating for he believe that "If you cheat to win, then you don't deserve it."

In the NetBattleField, HardMan was throwing Hard Fist after Hard Fist at Acilnor, who was nimbly dodging them and 'shoving' them aside.

"You can't run forever, pathetic pony!", taunted HardMan.

Acilnor didn't say a word as Roni began to insert a BattleChip for HardMan. "Thunder Ball BattleChip, In!" A ball of concentrated thunder appeared in front of HardMan's hands and he hurled it right at Acilnor. The equine NetNavi move out of its way, but the Thunder Ball followed him.

"Head straight for HardMan.", Bowen said. "MagBolt BattleChip, In! Download!" A MagTect arm appeared in front of Acilnor as he ran straight for the heavyweight NetNavi. HardMan was pulled forward by the arm and was headed straight for Acilnor. Just before they could collide, the equine NetNavi jumped over HardMan as he then collided into the Thunder Ball launched by the latter earlier. Then, to add insult to injury, Acilnor directed the MagBolt to HardMan and the heavyweghtNavi was pulled to it, resulting in further damage, and forcing Roni to jack him out.

"Grr… I'll get you yet, Bowen!", proclaimed Roni as he left. "That's a promise!"

B—A—R—H—B—A—R—H—B—A—R—H

Bowen internally chuckled at that memory as he noticed the van park close to Ribitta. He heard about the the very special water park, and the once-in-a-lifetime opportunity for those already 'enrolled' (whatever that means); an exclusive two day prerelease pass to the park, where they can enjoy, relax, and socialize with their fellow battlers.

“Those who wish to enjoy the park must present their N1 Battler Pass to the boatman at DenBeach!", Ribitta continued. "You can also bet that the DNN crew will be there to get on the scene interviews with the participants as well! Don’t forget your swimming trunks and lotion! Ribitta, over and out!”

That'll be fun., thought Bowen as he thought of the N1 Battler Pass he has in his bag. To be alongside other NetBattlers. I think it's gonna be something one won't be able to forget easily. All o a sudden, he felt a chill. Huh? What's this feeling? It's almost as if somebody from the URL is on my tail.

Unbeknownst to him, amongst the crowd, there indeed was somebody watching him. "So, this is the NetOp of that pony NetNavi Acilnor. Hmm… He doesn't look like much, but many an operative have failed their battles because of that. I'm not like the rest, though." This person then took out their PET and spoke through it. "Boss, I have located the NetOp of that NetNavi. I shall describe him to you."

Last edited:

State

Awards
Miles grabbed a broomstick that his mother always leaves beside the entrance door and set it ready to hit someone. He slowly approached the interior of the house, scanning the area for anything suspicious. He hid behind the couch, raised his head a bit to see if anyone was there and shouted "Is anyone there?!". Since no one replied and no sound was emitted, he concluded that there was no one inside the house, or rather, for the moment he arrived, there could have been someone. He turned the house's lights on, examining if everything was okay. To his surprise, nothing was stolen. He even checked the computers to see if anything was hijacked, but they were A-Ok.

"So why was the door opened?" Red asked himself.

"It could have been your mother-" Guaraguao said, but then he remember something; "but your dad is always checking the door, just in case".

"Right, THAT'S the curious thing."

"If your parents didn't leave it open..."

"Then someone else did."

That's when he noticed; the mircrowave was on.

"Say Guaraguao?"

"Hmm?"

"Isn't that thing on?"

"I thought you were unfreezing something to eat."

"There's nothing inside." Miles said, as he approached the microwave to turn it off.

When he touched the STOP button, the machine let out a small discharge of electricity.

"Ow!"

"What happened?"

"I think it has viruses."

"Then jack me in."

With that said, Red grabbed his PET's jack-in cable and inserted it into the microwave's jack-in port.

"Jack-In,
GuaraguaoMan,
Execute!"​

Mirby

Awards
Website
twitch.tv
"Sweet! We're registered! Ready to fight, buddy?" Talyn asked WombatMan excitedly.

"What kinda question is that? It's like you don't even know me..." he replied jokingly.

"Oh hush. You know I'm just teasin' ya. Now let's see this water park!" WombatMan grunted in agreement and the two were off. They easily made it on-board the water park and were having a blast exploring it; it seemed like there was quite a bit to do. Suddenly, one of the vending machines on board started to malfunction.

Talyn picked up her PET and looked at WombatMan. Words passed unsaid between them, and they knew what had to be done. Talyn ran over to the machine and pulled the cord out of her PET.

"Ready, WombatMan?"

"When aren't I ready?!? Let's just get this show on the road!"

"Gotcha. Let's do this then!"

"Aye."

"Jack-In,
WombatMan,
EXECUTE!!"​

Awards
Chapter 3

Bowen had decided to go home after this gathering. By then, the microwave's been fixed and dinner was served. after that, Bowen immediately dropped off to sleep afterwards. He was gonna enjoy every possible minute in the park and nothng's gonna stop him.

Well, nothing except perhaps the URL.

The next day…

Bowen woke up early, regrettably a earlier than his parents. Being considerate, he decided to prepare breakfast for them. Unfortunately, cooking wasn't one of his strong suits, so he just plopped some food into the microwave. He also jacked in Acilnor to watch over Mr. Prog in case another virus attack happens again. Once he was done with the 'cooking', he set up the table for his parents and sister.

After having stuffed his backpack with snacks (no chips or such junk food), he jacked out Acilnor, cleaned up the house, and left before any of them were up. Bowen had no idea why he just did what he did, but he did leave a note.

B—A—B—A—B—A—B—A—B—A

At DenBeach…

It took him a while, but he managed to find the boatman that would take him to the water park, showing his N1 Battler Pass to the guy. It was a nearly uneventful ride, and he didn't socialize that much with the others who were on the boat with him aside from a friendly greeting. After getting off, everybody split up to enjoy the place. There were a number of rides, but Bowen wasn't interested at the moment.

As he walked down a lane while eating a bacon and egg sandwich he packed, he noticed a woman running towards a vending machine, which seemed to be acting up. Having experience with such things, he knew there was a virus inside and made his way to the machine as well. As he did, he took a look at the woman who was making her way to the vending machine. As only those with N1 Battler Passes are allowed on the water park right now (and she didn't look like an employee), he guessed she was a NetBattler like him.

The woman had curly blonde hair, green eyes, and seemed to be a tad overweight, not that he was about to say that right in front of her. She wore a simple brown T-shirt, beige capri pants, white tennis shoes, and a purple cap with a button on it, which depicted a dark hole with red eyes and silver teeth peeking through.

The woman then took out a PET and pulled the cord out of it. "Jack-In, WombatMan, EXECUTE!!" As she thrust the plug into the vending machine's jack port, Bowen decided to lend a hand, though uninvited.

"You ready, Acilnor?", he asked his NetNavi.

"Always."

"Jack in, Acilnor, power up!" He thrust the plug into the jack port just below where WombatMan's operator thrust hers. He then turned to the woman. "Sorry if I ended up butting in, but…"

Mirby

Awards
Website
twitch.tv
Taylor looked over at her surprise guest, shocked. "Well go right ahead, I guess," she said and shrugged. "WombatMan, what's it look like in there?"

"Well there's viruses. Definitely viruses." WombatMan turned. "And a pony. That is something you definitely don't see every day."

"There's pony viruses now?" Taylor asked.

"Nah, this one's apparently a Navi. At least with those four legs it'll be able to keep up with me."

"I suppose so," responded Taylor.

"Now how 'bout we stop chattin' and bust these viruses!" WombatMan responded, surprisingly enthusiastic about it.

"I thought you only wanted to fight Navis!" Talyn teased.

"Well yeah, but now I know I'll be able to. These little fellas are nothin' but appetizers now!" WombatMan happily replied, clenching his razor-sharp fangs.

"Okay then. Let's do this!

"BATTLE ROUTINE, SET!"

"EXECUTE!!"

Awards
Chapter 4

"Well go right ahead, I guess.", the woman said and shrugged. Bowen gave a short chuckle; it wasn't the first time he teamed up with a stranger (he's done a few throughout his fights against the URL), but it was always an exhilarating experience. Also, he'll be able to find out a bit about WombatMan, although his NetOp will also know the same for Acilnor. Not that he minds; he's not after victory, though that would be nice.

The woman then turned to her PET. "WombatMan, what's it look like in there?"

B—?—B—?—B—?—B—?—B—?—B—? (Bowen, WombatMan's NetOp)

A flash of light descended into the vending machine's computer system and formed into the body of Acilnor. Like in the microwave's, the system was a wide expanse of blue, with a green-and-yellow grid. Beside him, Acilnor could see another NetNavi. He looked like a cross between humanoid and beast. He was covered with shaggy grey fur, had red eyes, razor-sharp silver teeth, and sharp silver claws. His snout was somewhat reminiscent of a dog's, and his ears were curved on the top.

"WombatMan, what's it look like in there?", a female voice came as a screen showing her face appeared right behind them. Another screen came up showing his NetOp Bowen.

"Well, there's viruses.", said the beastly NetNavi. "Definitely viruses." WombatMan then turned to glance at Acilnor. "And a pony. That is something you definitely don't see every day." Acilnor gave a mental groan. There were only a few NetOps who have Pony model NetNavis like him. In comparison to other NetNavi models, that is.

"There's pony viruses now?", asked WombatMan's NetOp.

"Nah, this one's apparently a Navi. At least with those four legs, it'll be able to keep up with me."

"I suppose so."

Hmm…so this NetNavi has a specialty in speed., Acilnor thought. He'll be a challenge.

"Now how 'bout we stop chattin' and bust these viruses!" WombatMan said, seemingly enthusiastic.

"I thought you only wanted to fight Navis!", teased his NetOp.

"Well yeah, but now I know I'll be able to. These little fellas are nothin' but appetizers now!" WombatMan happily clenched his razor-sharp fangs.

"Okay then. Let's do this! BATTLE ROUTINE, SET!"

"EXECUTE!!"

B—A—?—W—B—A—?—W—B—A—?—W (Bowen, Acilnor, WombatMan's NetOp, WombatMan)

"Let's go, Acilnor!", ordered Bowen.

"On it.", replied his NetNavi as he and WombatMan charged into the battle, the former already shooting with his horn.

Bowen turned to WombatMan's NetOp as he readied a BattleChip. "…So. Uhh…your WombatMan looks real powerful." While Bowen was cool and friendly, this was the first time he was knowingly so close with another ally. "Judging by what he said, are we gonna battle immediately after clearing the vending machine of viruses?"

Last edited:

Cassette-Disk

Don't Panic
Awards
Website
steamcommunity.com
Lilly stood under a streetlight. Right now, everyone should be busy looking into whatever clue was dropped about the N1 Grand Prix, so this was the perfect time to get a move on.
“Isis,” She said, looking into her PET. The female magician looked back at her behind her mask. Her dark eyes always creeped everyone out for some reason. “Are you sure that house is where the program is located?” Her tone was a serious one, which was a bit rare. Most of the time she was in an extreme mood, not this much more mild one.
“That’s what the email said.” The magician replied. The email. An anonymous email. This isn’t the first time they had gotten an anonymous email leading them somewhere. Once or twice they actually helped her reach what she wanted, but most of the time they were dead ends.
“Alright, no time to waste. Jack in, and execute.”

Inside the frameworks, Isis made her way into the nearby house’s side of the net.
“Watch yourself,” Lilly warned, “This may look like a normal house, but it’s probably some kind of base of operations to some organization in disguise.” Isis nodded before moving forward. Everything seemed normal enough so far, there weren’t any cyber traps, no viruses to speak of, and nobody in the real world had detected them yet.
“Lilly?” The magician asked. “This looks like another dead end.”
“No.” Lilly said. “Keep looking, the program is probably hidden somewhere.” Through these words was a nearly defeated netop. She knew already that this was a false lead, but kept heading through it. This just has to be the place! Eventually, Isis came across a control panel. Upon reaching it, a virus appeared. Too small of one to pose anyone a serious threat, the kind that are insignificant enough to not be noticed by a firewall, or antivirus program.
“Or maybe it’s a decoy.” Lilly said. “To make it look like a normal house’s type of virus. Why else would it only appear after reaching that control panel? Delete it, Isis.” She said while reaching for a cannon battle chip. “Battle chip in, download.” Isis’ arm was replaced with a large green cannon which she used to delete the Mett virus in a single blast.

After messing with the control panel a bit by pressing random buttons and levers to see what they do, Isis spoke up.
“Lilly, I think someone else has entered this house’s network.”
“…What kind of someone?” The Netop asked, suddenly feeling worried. What if this really was a hideout for an organization? Would she have to fight her way out while searching for the program?
“It looks like some kind of bird Navi. I’m not entirely sure, I can’t get a good visual on him, even with this control panel. I’ll keep searching with this thing and hope he doesn’t find me.” Lilly nodded.

Mirby

Awards
Website
twitch.tv
Talyn was somewhat surprised by her guest's question. "Right after this? Nah, you're cool," she responded.

"Yeah, it's more fun to fight Navis at full strength. Fighting viruses doesn't tend to lead to that, ya know?" WombatMan added gruffly.

"Anywho, what are we up against in there?" Talyn asked.

"Looks to be some Mettaurs, a few Bunnies, and some Spikies."

"I see... This should be easy then..." she pondered. "Let's show our guests a few of our special techniques, eh?"

"You got it!" her Navi happily replied. His claws started to spin and he quickly burrowed underground; whilst under there, he burrowed in a straight line below some of the viruses. Then one of his arms reached out of the ground like a shark's fin, and slashed through a bunch of the Bunnies. WombatMan leapt back above ground behind a Spiky and then proceeded to take a bite out of it, deleting it.

"Need any chips?"

"How about a couple swords?"

"Gotcha!" Talyn said, and sent two Longswords in. WombatMan's arms glowed and were quickly replaced by the swords, and he grinned, showing off all of his teeth.

"Let's do this!" he grunted gleefully, and dashed through some more Spikies. As he passed them, he quickly slashed with each arm, deleting them.

Talyn turned to her guest. "Hope you're enjoying the show! By the way, I'm Taylor Lyn, or Talyn for short. And you are...?"

Awards
Chapter 5

"Right after this? Nah, you're cool," the woman responded.

Oh, goody., thought Bowen.

"Yeah, it's more fun to fight Navis at full strength.", WombatMan added gruffly. "Fighting viruses doesn't tend to lead to that, ya know?"

"Anywho, what are we up against in there?"

"Looks to be some Mettaurs, a few Bunnies, and some Spikeys."

"I see... This should be easy then...Let's show our guests a few of our special techniques, eh?"

"You got it!" her NetNavi happily replied.

In the computer system, Acilnor watched as WombatMan's claws started to spin and he quickly burrowed underground. A few seconds later, one of his arms reached out of the ground like a shark's fin, and slashed through a bunch of the Bunnies. WombatMan leapt back aboveground behind a Spikey and then proceeded to take a bite out of it, deleting it.

Wow. That's vicious., both equine NetNavi and his NetOp shared thoughts.

"Need any chips?", WombatMan's NetOp asked.

"How about a couple swords?"

"Gotcha!" As his operator then inserted two BattleChips in, WombatMan's arms glowed and were quickly replaced by two LongSwords. He then grinned, showing off all of his teeth.

"Let's do this!" he grunted gleefully, and dashed through some more Spikeys, deleting them swiftly.

His NetOp then turned to Bowen. "Hope you're enjoying the show! By the way, I'm Taylor Lyn, or Talyn for short. And you are...?"

"Bowen Solanum.", Bowen replied. "You can call me Bowen." He then turned to his PET. ""Okay, Acilnor. It's time to show them what we got."

The equine NetNavi nodded silently as he rushed forward and shot at the viruses, deleting them in one hit each. A Spikey came up from right behind, but he saw it coming, raised his hind hooves, and delivered a solid kick (or buck, as he called it), sending it straight for some of the Bunnies.

"I could use a chip, too.", Acilnor suddenly said.

"Okay.", conceded Bowen. "Wide Shot BattleChip, In! Download!"

A launcher of sorts appeared right in front of the equine NetNavi, who then nudged his head forward. A blade wave of water then emerged from the launcher and headed straight for the viruses. The attack collided and deleted the viruses. Just then, Acilnor was aware of a line of Mettaurs to his left about to slam their pickaxes down.

Bowen noticed it too. "Flame Line BattleChip, In! Download!"

The Wide Shot launcher disappeared and something like a miniature Volgear's appeared in front of Acilnor, who turned to face the Mettaurs. The mini-Volgear then clattered its jaws and a line of flames erupted from the ground underneath the Mettaurs, deleting them.

"Is that all of them?", Bowen asked his NetNavi.

Last edited:

Mirby

Awards
Website
twitch.tv
WombatMan saw Acilnor punt the Spikey into a crowd of Bunnies. "STRIKE!!" he yelled jokingly. "Never seen the bowling technique work so well in battle!"

Talyn also enjoyed watching the pony fight; the fact that he was a pony opened up a world of new possibilities for battle. "Ya know, I'll be honest. I wasn't sure how well your Navi would fight at first, but I can see now he's just as capable as WombatMan. Nice goin'," she said to Bowen.

WombatMan turned to Acilnor. "I think there's one more big virus comin'... I can smell it." And right on queue, a giant Mettaur appeared.

"That's a big one," Talyn said, "but nothing a little teamwork can't handle. Mind if I borrow Acilnor's powerful hind kick for a second?" she asked Bowen.

Awards
Chapter 6

Bowen gave a huge grin at this. "Don't mind if I do!" He then turned to Acilnor. "Go for it."

In the computer, after making sure WombatMan was ready, Acilnor went up behind him, turned around, and bucked the beastly NetNavi.

As he saw WombatMan burst forward, Bowen looked back to a certain character he watches on TV. The speed he was going, in spite of the colors, it reminded him of a pink, blue-haired pegasus with a marking of two blue thunderbolts on her flank. (1)

"Huh, didn't think Pony model NetNavis would be such an eyecatcher.", Bowen remarked, then said semi-darkly to Talyn. "And be underestimated just like those of Acilnor's kind in that show I watch."

(1) Yeah, an MLP reference. While the character alluded (Firefly) is from the old (Generation 1) cartoon, in this AU, the cartoon is like the FiM (Generation 4) cartoon watched here. So, yeah; Bowen's a brony.

Last edited:

Mirby

Awards
Website
twitch.tv
Even with all the preparation, WombatMan still wasn't exactly ready for the kick. It was certainly powerful, something that he thought was pretty nice. The instant it happened, WombatMan used what movement he had left to spin. All thoughts aside, as he flew in a straight line towards the giant Mettaur, he straightened out and held the two blades forward. What this created, in effect, was a fuzzy gray drill of doom heading straight for the enemy.

The Mettaur sensed this and lifted up his giant pickaxe, ready to strike. WombatMan couldn't see this, of course; his eyes were closed so he wouldn't get nauseous from the spinning.

Down came the pickaxe...

But it was only a split second after WombatMan had passed through the space it was going through. And with the Mettaur's face uncovered from the attack, it had left a major hole in its defenses. A hole that WombatMan drilled clear through effortlessly. The size of the virus slowed WombatMan down enough that he landed safely behind it as it was deleted.

"That... was... AWESOME!!" Talyn exclaimed excitedly.

"Maybe to watch, but I think I'm gonna need to rest for a second..." WombatMan replied. He stood up and stumbled a bit before falling over.

"You okay?" Talyn said worriedly.

"Of course I am! You think a little virus is gonna stop me?" he responded vehemently. "Just a little dizzy, that's all..." And with that, Talyn jacked him out.

"Thanks for the assistance, Bowen," Talyn remarked to her fellow NetOp. "We make a pretty good team, don't we?" She grinned from ear to ear.

Awards
Chapter 7

Right after bucking WombatMan right for the giant Mettaur and watching him spin, Acilnor caught sight of a stray Bunny fleeing the scene. He attempted to shoot it down, but it managed to escape.

Oh well., sighed Acilnor. Just then, he heard something, turned around, and saw that WombatMan has drilled through the giant Mettaur and subsequently deleted it.

"That... was... AWESOME!!", Talyn exclaimed excitedly.

"Maybe to watch, but I think I'm gonna need to rest for a second...", WombatMan replied. He stood up and stumbled a bit before falling over.

Okay. Intel acquired.

"You okay?" Talyn asked worriedly.

"Of course I am!", WombatMan answered vehemently. "You think a little virus is gonna stop me? Just a little dizzy, that's all..."

A second later, WombatMan's body converted into a couple of vertically arranged blocky words "JACK OUT", then disappeared.

The same thing happened to Acilnor immediately after that.

B—A—T—W—B—A—T—W—B—A—T—W (Bowen, Acilnot, Talyn, WombatMan)

"Thanks for the assistance, Bowen," Talyn remarked as both of them unplugged their PETs from the vending machine. "We make a pretty good team, don't we?"

As she grinned from ear to ear, Bowen felt flustered for a second. "Uhh…yeah." He then took out a 500-Zenny coin from his pocket and inserted it into the coin slot. "What would you like?"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back