• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Data Greeting isn’t very good imo

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

WaltK

Awards
  • You’re super limited to where you can go on maps, with the absolute worst offender being Destiny Islands, which very redundantly splits the beach and the paupo island into seperate places.
  • The Disney worlds are absolute jokes in how the areas they let you go to are mostly boring and non-descript. In Monstropolis, I’d much rather take shots on the scare floor or in the lobby than I would at the bottom of the door vault.
  • The worlds are selectively limited on which characters you can use, many inconsistently so. For example, you can use Kairi in Toy Box but not Monstropolis for some reason.
  • The cast of usable characters focuses almost exclusively on the original and Final Fantasy characters, with the only useable Disney characters being Mickey, Donald, and Goofy. The fact that you can’t use the rest of the Disney cast, even in their respective worlds, is completely unacceptable.
  • This one’s more of a nitpick: characters don’t have “sitting down” poses. I would’ve liked to take shots of characters sitting and enjoying ice cream or something.

kirabook

Bronze Member
Awards
I'm not sure why there's a limit on the original characters and worlds, but I totally get why they might have been limited on Disney locations and characters.

If you've already seen some of the memes I've seen... well. Let's just say there's no way Disney would want their precious Elsa in memeable positions.

OneDandelion

Awards
I agree, the limitations on character poses and distances between objects makes it very difficult to be creative.

If you're interested there are ways to cross the boundaries of maps in Data Greeting with ease and some maps like Twilight town are almost fully explorable.

WaltK

Awards
I'm not sure why there's a limit on the original characters and worlds, but I totally get why they might have been limited on Disney locations and characters.

If you've already seen some of the memes I've seen... well. Let's just say there's no way Disney would want their precious Elsa in memeable positions.

I haven’t. And now I’m curious.

WhinyAcademic

Awards
Disney has been really dropping the hammer saying they don’t want their film characters crossing over with each other outside of the main cast of MDG, Yen Sid, chipmunks, Jiminy, and Maleficent and Pete. I wasn’t surprised that they gave us absolutely no other Disney characters to use.

Luminary

Bronze Member
Awards

I’m near positive this is the reason we don’t have more Disney characters. It’s probably why they don’t have the more iconic locations either.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards

KH fans can be very horny. Stop by the KH subreddit and you'll have no problem finding examples of this.

Others have already answered but Disney is super protective of their properties and going through all the rights issues to even try to get those characters and locations in Data Greeting must be a nightmare for SE. Easier to just exclude them.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
I’m fine with the lack of a variety of Disney characters and locations. It’s clear it is more of a hassle to get Disney to allow it than not. They have to go to each team and get approval from them like they did when they worked on the game.

What I’m bothered by is the limitation of using a single character multiple times, the lack of cutscene-only characters, and the lack of alternate costume designs for the others who do have alt-costumes lime many of the Org members who have models with them in coats and in their regular outfits.

Let me have Eraqus and bby Eraqus and bby Xehanort and Ephemer and Chirithy and the stars...

But yeah, we def need sitting down poses.

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
u0mdgkphrlc41.jpg

SweetYetSalty

Awards
It's funny I was thinking about making a topic about this same issue in Data Greeting. I love it to death and it has been my favorite part of the ReMind DLC so far but I too noticed the lack of Disney characters and the lack of iconic location in the worlds. No Andy's Room, Scare Floor, Elsa's Palace, Rapunzel's Tower, 100 Acre Woods, Olympus, or San Fransokyo. The Disney characters also bugged me. Not even Maleficent, Pete, Minnie, Daisy, Pluto, Merlin, Chip, Dale, Jiminy and Yen Sid made it in :(

I also agree with the lack of sitting poses. I said this in another thread but I wish Demyx, Vexen, Aeleus, Dilan, Ienzo, Ansem the Wise, MoM, and the Zoo-Keys (Foretellers) also had models to use as they would have been fun too! And also as said above alternate Organization member outfits. Dark Riku, Vanitas, Ansem SoD, and Terranort all have portraits with their coats on but not a option to use them. Likewise Roxas, Axel, Xion, and Saix all have alternate Twilight Town clothes now. It would be amazing to have their change of clothes to pose with too.

I know they said DLC for KH3 is done...but maybe they could make a free patch to add some of these things? I know it's a hassle to get the Disney characters and locations but what about all the OG stuff for the other characters? I love Data Greeting and would like more freedom with it. Am I asking too much?

Edit: Almost forgot Eraqus, Lingering Will and the TAV armor forms. I wanna pose with them too! I want more!

Ink Ribbon

Awards
I’ve enjoyed it as is but it could use some tweaking.

- More poses and expressions

- Have the ability to move the head and limbs independently from the set pose

- No limitations on characters and locations. We should be able to put characters wherever we want. Seems silly for something that’s just there for fun.

- Lessen that invisible barrier between character models. It’s a little frustrating to try to get things to line up sometimes. Example, I want my character to look like they’re actually holding a dream eater. But that barrier kind of makes it look a little goofy and they only just barely touch. Now I do understand why it’s there though because Square and Disney probably knew Photo Mode would be used for lewd stuff. And boy was it lmao. I mean I did a few dirty themed pics myself so I can’t say anything lol. I don’t ever see that barrier being removed completely but maybe we can get enough leeway for hugs and high fives. Come on, Square, I want to see Larxene hug one of those adorable flan heartless lol.

- Maybe a couple more Disney characters from Twilight Town or Radiant Garden. I’m actually surprised we even got Mickey, Donald and Goofy in the first place considering how strict Disney is. So Im just going for the bare minimum lol.

OneDandelion

Awards
Maybe a couple more Disney characters from Twilight Town or Radiant Garden. I’m actually surprised we even got Mickey, Donald and Goofy in the first place considering how strict Disney is. So Im just going for the bare minimum lol.
I think the copyright on all three is soon to go public domain if it hasn't already. I know mickey is sort of Disney's mascot but they're probably less worried about him being used for dubious memes than the "family friendly" characters in their current lineup making them money.

Personally I could forgive the lack of disney characters if we got more character animations and KH/FF characters like Chirithy or Cloud.

Also how do they get away with giving Sora 21 animations where half of them are similar, but our secret character has like 91 animations?

Back