• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Data-Sora is incredible.

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Luxu

Awards
It's kind of bullshit when you think about it!

Because being normal makes you unique somehow.

I don't remember a scene showing him being transported... you certainly never see Young Xehanort with his own keyblade, the closest you get is him saying "this world is too small" or whatever.

I said somehow he ended up inside the Land of Departure, not like he sailed away on a raft and somehow woke up in a lake right next to the Land of Departure with a young Eraqus dragging whoever their master was towards him.

I just took that to mean "I found meself an appprentice, oh goodie", I guess. I just don't see anywhere it explicitly says that Ventus gained one before being trained. Not meaning he didn't have the potential... obviously, we see him with a keyblade later xD

Are we forgetting that Xehanort most likely went world to world looking for someone to teach. Or just went to the Keyblade Graveyard and just so happened to find Ventus walking around?

I'm just praying for new keyblade wielders in Unchained X that aren't as complicated. There's something to be admired about Ephemer and Skuld, they're just so detached from everyone else that it's refreshing. I'm actually excited for the story of X knowing they're involved in the future of season 2!

I want Ephemer and Skuld to probably get a unique Keyblade when fighting a Nightmare, and the Player probably gets a unique one when fighting Maleficent

Nazo

Hope Remains
Awards
I don't like the terminology of "pointless", I prefer the term "inconsequential" to describe the events of Re:Coded. It doesn't have anything else to do with the main story other than a few ending lines, sure, but to fans that do like Re:Coded, the small minority it is (including myself), it's not necessarily pointless, it's just a shame that it doesn't really bring the story anywhere else. It's truly a spin-off, sure, but that doesn't mean it's terrible.

The main problem with Coded isn't that it's pointless, it's that the important parts of its story all get revealed in Dream Drop Distance. Most people think the only important part of Coded is that it explains Mickey's letter to Sora at the end of KH2 and tells Sora about all the people he needs to save and most people are like "You could have literally done that in a few cutscenes rather than make a filler game". But Coded also establishes something very important, and that is the fact that Sora is also carrying the pain of all the lost people inside of him. Rescuing all the suffering characters is going to be difficult and dangerous. If not handled properly, Sora could be greatly harmed or have his heart destroyed in the attempt. And we see this very thing happen in DDD when the Organization uses the Realm of Sleep to send Sora down the rabbit hole of the pain within his heart, nearly turning him into a Xehanort vessel.

I like to think that Coded was meant to be a controlled test of Sora’s heart. By rendering the painful memories inside of him as data, and having a simulation of Sora run through and face them, it acts as a test to demonstrate whether or not Sora’s heart is able to successfully confront that pain, but also eliminates the possibility of any real-world consequences. If the test failed, it would be a data recreation of Sora that would be destroyed, instead of the real Sora. But the fact that Data-Sora makes it all the way through, finds Namine, and successfully confronts the painful memories, it shows that the test has succeeded. It proves that the heart of the real Sora is strong enough to handle the pain inside of him, and save all of those who are lost.

Grono

KH ☼ D&D ☼ Music ☼ Wack.
Awards
I said somehow he ended up inside the Land of Departure, not like he sailed away on a raft and somehow woke up in a lake right next to the Land of Departure with a young Eraqus dragging whoever their master was towards him

Oops, my bad! I misunderstood you entirely, I thought you were saying that he summoned a keyblade on Destiny Islands and then was brought to Land of Departure. It is a good question how he got there, though. It'll probably be resolved in the beginning of Kingdom Hearts III, to be honest.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back