• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Daybreak Town and Twilight Town

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rexy

Bronze Member
So I've been thinking. We all know that Daybreak Town is the Home World of Kingdom Hearts Unchained χ.

When The Land of Departure fell into Darkness, by the hand of Xehanort, Aqua, when returning home, with Ventus, used Eraqus' keyblade to lock the land and transformed it into Castle Oblivion.

What if something like that happened with Daybreak Town and the Unicornus leader had to change the world into another shape and form, creating Twilight Town?

I only thought about that because of all the unicornus references inside the Abandoned Mansion. That mansion could be the point were the keyhole was located, like TLoD one was in the middle throne chair.

tumblr_inline_neeg5xxoCd1rk3pzm.jpg

Sorakh212

Awards
Interesting thought and speculation. I mean that might just be some kind of Easter Egg or hell even a coincidence of some sort, but I have been wondering lately what the fat of Daybreak Town is. Could it possibly have been destroyed and what's left is now the Keyblade Graveyard or did it somehow get warped/altered into what is now known as Radiant Garden perhaps? Idk what to say or put for Twilight Town because it's one of those oddities that lingers in between but who knows maybe you're onto something or maybe Daybreak Town becomes that. It's always nice to get the creative juices flowing and speculate. Hell it's one of the reasons I joined this site years ago! :D

Muke

whatever
Awards
I don't think they thought about Unicornis/The Fordtellers/ANYTHING X related when they planned/developed KH2.
Actually, I'm pretty sure they didn't.

So, no, I don't think so.

Audo

press △ to sora
Awards
Website
avale-reves.tumblr.com
I don't think they thought about Unicornis/The Fordtellers/ANYTHING X related when they planned/developed KH2.

While he almost definitely didn't have KHx in mind when making KH2, that doesn't really mean much, as, when developing KHx, he could've looked back over the series and found ways to connect them retroactively.

skyfoxx

Silver Member
Awards
Interesting thought and speculation. I mean that might just be some kind of Easter Egg or hell even a coincidence of some sort, but I have been wondering lately what the fat of Daybreak Town is.

THERE IS NO COINCIDENCE IN FATE

Anyway, I'm sure it started out as coincidence, but I wouldn't be surprised if it ends up becoming true. I mean, I highly doubt Nomura thought Castle Oblivion was really a transformed version of another world way back in Chain of Memories, but that it was something thought of when making Birth by Sleep. So it's definitely possible.

redcrown

Awards
I would personally prefer Twilight Town to be a remnant if Daybreak Town. Not because I think there any evidence of it being true but because it would be a neat connection, and make the world more relevant other than being the world about the nobodies or Roxas.

Plus Radiant Garden already had the "transformed into a darker shadow of what it used to be" thing when it was Hollow Bastion in KH1. It would be redundant to make RG again an important world centered around peaceful light in a previous form before being corrupted/changed.

It would be neat if another original world had a similar change happen to it, maybe after the events of Chi or keyblade war?

They could tie in what Aqua did to LoD to make it Castle Oblivion, be what happened to Daybreak Town. Maybe a character from Chi could use the same trick/power to transform the world into Twilight Town to protect it the same way.

Last edited:

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards

Ventus wasn't really considered when Roxas as created nor was Terra for Terra-Xehanort who we assumed to be the definitive Master Xehanort before Kingdom Hearts 2 came out. Existing elements can easily be weaved into new storyline elements if Nomura wanted to.

As for this particular theory, I'm 50/50 on it. I like it, It's just that I have such a strong hunch that The Keyblade Graveyard is Daybreak Town with the correlation of Keyblade battles. But then again, Twilight Town connects to The World That Never Was and The Mysterious Tower (albeit pathways to the respective worlds) so it's not out of the realm of possibilities for a Twilight Town/Daybreak Town connection.

Maleficentrix

I'm not really sure about this theory, because, if you notice, Aqua is actually IN Daybreak town while it's destroyed in the 2.8 trailer, and it happens to be mixed up with the Castle of Dreams town. Nobody put two and two together I guess. I actually thought it was the town from Cinderella at first, but it's not. It's Daybreak Town. Which clearly means it is in the Realm of Darkness. So this means that basically, if anyone was going to transform Daybreak town, it would be Aqua. However, I'm not sure. There could be some sort of connection? I mean the possibilities of that Unicorn are endless. It's too hard to speculate right now I would say.

Echoecho6

Awards
Just the fact that Daybreak and Twilight are direct opposites of each other is enough to make me believe there is some kind of connection. I like this theory a lot and can see it happening. I always thought that Nomura possibly made one of the Foretellers based around Unicorns on purpose because he remembered the mansion thus creating his little plot. I mean think about it, if the mansion didn't have all that stuff inside of it, Nomura could have made the foreteller based around any other creature, it just seems like too much of a coincidence to me. Like WHY did he pick unicorn of all things for this Foreteller when it could have been anything else. That's just what I always think and why I feel so strongly about the connection being absolute.

Also what real reason is there for having to go back to Twilight Town anyway? I can't think of it serving any purpose for the plot right now.

Last edited by a moderator:

Audo

press △ to sora
Awards
Website
avale-reves.tumblr.com
Also what real reason is there for having to go back to Twilight Town anyway? I can't think of it serving any purpose for the plot right now.
It's a pretty important location to several key characters and it's also one of the most loved worlds.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

It's not like we know much of anything about KH3. Why should Radiant Garden return? What is the point of Destiny Islands coming back?

For the same reason Twilight Town should return. It is important to our main characters. It is where Sora spent the better part of a year sleeping. Riku found Ansem's research data in Sora, so there are only so many places they can actually analyze that information.

Also we still do not know what Kairi did/will do at the mansion.

Finally, if Roxas and Xion become their own people, almost assuredly Twilight Town will become their home.

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
I just want to finally see the beach that Roxas wanted to go to in KH2. That alone is worth it returning in KH3

Echoecho6

Awards
It's not like we know much of anything about KH3. Why should Radiant Garden return? What is the point of Destiny Islands coming back?

For the same reason Twilight Town should return. It is important to our main characters. It is where Sora spent the better part of a year sleeping. Riku found Ansem's research data in Sora, so there are only so many places they can actually analyze that information.

Also we still do not know what Kairi did/will do at the mansion.

Finally, if Roxas and Xion become their own people, almost assuredly Twilight Town will become their home.

Ahh I forgot about Kiari having gone to the mansion. Of course we don't even know if we will get to go to the mansion this time around as it is considering it's blocked.

aqualight

I'm simply just curious to see the connection, I feel like there would be one. If only counting the fact that the names of each town are very similar in that they're both related to a time in the day. It could also just signify that it begun at daybreak (town) and will end at twilight (town). They don't have to be one in the same place but it would be nice if it signified something

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back