• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Days - Preorders Surpassing Most DS Titles

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Monkey

dick to a lot of people
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days preorders “are already way in excess of a typical DS product” in the UK

September 14th, 2009 Posted in DS, News, Written by Valay “Kingdom Hearts has always been incredibly popular. As the first new release into the franchise for three years, pre-orders are already way in excess of typical DS product. The strength of the brand, quality of the product and the perfect timing in the approach to Christmas all set Kingdom Hearts up as a star performer for retail over the peak period.” – UK sales director Doug Bone
Square Enix also says that there are plans for online advertising…
“We’ll also run a series of carefully targeted promotions toward the late tween and early teen audiences. Our online advertising on launch will feature various takeovers and rich media video on a range of gaming and kids websites.” – Square Enix senior product manager Adrian Arnese.

Nintendo Everything – Our second language is Nintendo++ Blog Archive Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days preorders “are already way in excess of a typical DS product” in the UK

I had my doubts that Days would be able to sell over 500k outside of Japan, especially with DS piracy and what not, but I guess things are optimistic.

State

Awards
seems like days is getting a lot of promotional attention.

madammina

Notorious White Mage Captainess
like they said, KH is popular, and the DS is big among teens and tweens (and adults) add in the fact that Mickey appears in the promos...

(makes note to pick up her copy early on the 29th so she can get her preorder goodies)

A

Azrael

like they said, KH is popular, and the DS is big among teens and tweens (and adults) add in the fact that Mickey appears in the promos...

(makes note to pick up her copy early on the 29th so she can get her preorder goodies)

Probably enough to get an English commercial?

madammina

Notorious White Mage Captainess
There was one for CoM...

On the other hand, it WOULD increase preorders meaning less bonuses around.

MAybe after release (or just before)

Ah, I'm being selfish again.

Monkey

dick to a lot of people
Awards
Website
twitter.com
lol i wish days had a better preorder bonus, it would spur up preorders even more.

Silver_Soul

Bronze Member
Awards
well i guess im happy that more and more people getting into KH
because of days

Raz

i'm nobody
Staff member
Awards
A weak game by Kingdom Hearts standards is a lot different than a weak game in general. Y'all can be so nutty.

Superschlock

Don't you step out of line
Awards
Seriously, Re:CoM was so bad, people aren't even acknowledging it: The artice says the first in three years to release, and so did GameInformer

I'm so happy I pre-ordered my copy with the bonuses >:3

Organization_42

Proud Demyx/Kairi Shipper
Awards
^ Well, the article wasn't wrong actually. Even if they didn't mean that Days was the first new Kingdom Hearts game being released in three years, it would still apply because that was a UK article, and Re:CoM wasn't released to the PAL nations.

Raz

i'm nobody
Staff member
Awards
Seriously, Re:CoM was so bad, people aren't even acknowledging it: The artice says the first in three years to release, and so did GameInformer

I'm so happy I pre-ordered my copy with the bonuses >:3

They aren't acknowledging it because there was next to no publicity.
And it wasn't even that bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back