• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Anime/Manga ► Death Note is cooler than I expected.

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ueki_168

As of the writing of this thread, I am on chapter 43. I sure hope you guys don't reveal anything too big ^^'

So, my case goes like this: I always said "I'm not gonna read or watch Death Note cuz it seems ridiculous and I think the only interesting thing is how the Death Note kills people. I'm not interested".

I am a preeeeeetty stubborn guy and well, boring times called me to read it. Also cuz my gf has read it and some of our conversations picked my curiosity more than I wanted.
This brings me to day 3 of reading it, and I really like it! It's such a cool mystery novel, I did NOT expect it to be mystery and detectives and drama. I really like how the characters are written and I think the pacing of the story is very well managed.

I like to share what I do when I'm sorta obsessed, and since you all guys are so cool and nice, I wanted to know if you have an opinion about the matter, or if you just wanna share my current excitement with me! ^^

Cheers!~ *continues to read DN on his free time*

VoidGear.

red gay
Awards
Death Note is cool.
Since I don't know where in the story chapter 43 is, I won't say anything spoilery, but: I kiiiinda didnt like the second half too much.

Ueki_168

Oh yeah, I am finishing the first half, right when it's shown who the new Kira is from that business that kills people to rise. [Chapter 47]

Everyone tells me the same about the second half, I don't know what to expect really, it's so cool right now I don't want it to be ruined..

Max

"There's always money in the banana stand."
Staff member
Awards
I loved Death Note, I was hooked from the first reading all the way up to the very end and I still hold it in very high regards. Like the majority, I felt the second half was weaker than the first. That didn't keep me from wanting to keep pushing through the story and finding out what happened, it's still a very good story all the way through, but the turn the story takes just left it going in a direction that wasn't quiet as intriguing as it had been before.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back