• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Defender Shield on First Try!

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mudarrow

How long did it take you to get your first Defender Shield? It's a 0.2% drop, which can be boosted to 0.5% with the entire party having lucky strike. But I just got the shield from the very FIRST Defender heartless that spawned in front of the button underground with Beast while I still had a wooden sword. I NEVER got the shield in my childhood while playing the original, and it took me a week of farming to get it for the trophy. But this happened while I was recording for a walkthrough. Felt like I needed to share this since it's so crazy.

[video=youtube;8q5r36g3Sdg]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8q5r36g3Sdg[/video]

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
I felt like this getting nobody guard in kh2 only it was less stylish

Rael_Oblivion

That's insanely lucky! I'm pretty sure my first Defender shield took me a long time to get. I remember having to grind for it specifically after clearing Hollow Bastion, and getting a lot of crystals and a few wizard's staffs in the process. Not sure how long it took, but I spread it out over a few days, so probably about 10 hours more after beating HB?

kuraudoVII

D'oh, I missed!
Awards
I don't think I even got the Defender Shield until my third playthrough when I attempted Hard Mode for the first time. Even then, it took me until the second trip to Hollow Bastion to get it.

Man, the RNG was really smiling on you that day. :)

Hovhannes1998

Ok so I would like to start off by expressing my love and hate for the KH luck system. It was pretty cool how you got it on your first try. I mean that's like a 2/1000 (excuse me if I'm wrong) chance. I myself got the defender on like the 10th (somewhere around there) try. Then I died. Enough said. I didn't get an other one since then. This is why I love and hate the luck system, but I guess you win some you lose some. No harm done.

Hovhannes1998

Also, while this probably belongs in the KH2 forum, it took me like 100 sorcerors in TWTNW to get a Twilight Crystal. After that, I started getting them every other enemy.

Blackdrazon

Vulpes Chronicler
Awards
Also, while this probably belongs in the KH2 forum, it took me like 100 sorcerors in TWTNW to get a Twilight Crystal. After that, I started getting them every other enemy.

Yiiiiikes, how many Lucky Luckys did you have in play?

gamerobber7

Bronze Member
Awards
Very nice! I know that on my 1.5 playthrough I got either the Defender's Shield or the Wizard's Staff on the first enemy and the other took awhile but I can't remember which. I feel like it was the staff (the staff has the same drop rate as the shield right?)

Mudarrow

Very nice! I know that on my 1.5 playthrough I got either the Defender's Shield or the Wizard's Staff on the first enemy and the other took awhile but I can't remember which. I feel like it was the staff (the staff has the same drop rate as the shield right?)

Yep, the Wizard's Relic is also a 0.2% drop. I remember reading a post where somebody killed over 1200 Defenders and hadn't got a shield yet. Sometimes you're lucky, and sometimes you really really aren't. I'm just glad I recorded it ha.

Blackdrazon

Vulpes Chronicler
Awards
I imagine so, though I couldn't tell you for certain.

Keep in mind that you can get a lot of Lucky Luckys in KH2 to change the odds of your drop rates: you'll want to equip it on Sora, Donald, and on Goofy. If you're just playing casually or trying to unlock the Ultima Weapon, that should be enough. But if you're trying to do more or just to go faster, try to synthesize Lucky Rings. If you gave everyone in your party Lucky Rings, you'll be getting drops nearly every time you defeat an enemy (an 8x increase if you pack every Accessory Slot in the party).

To get the Lucky Ring recipe, you have to complete one of the puzzles. Specifically, Duality. Technically, it's a recipe for Draw Rings: you have to make a Draw Ring, and then upgrade the recipe in the Creations menu with a Serenity Crystal. It's pricey, but if you're synthesis hunting, every copy you equip is worth a pile of weird magic rocks.

GameFAQs user Glavewurm discusses the math here, if you're interested: Draw Rings and Lucky Rings stack? - Kingdom Hearts II: Final Mix + Message Board for PlayStation 2 - GameFAQs

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back