• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► Demo Gameplay of KINGDOM HEARTS HD 1.5 ReMIX Shown at PLAY the PlayStation!

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

Only a little under four days left until KINGDOM HEARTS HD 1.5 ReMIX will be released in Japan, and we are all dying to get a small taste of what the game will be like before its official release. On March 2nd, Sony Computer Entertainment Korea held "PLAY the PlayStation", an event where South Koreans could try out demos of various upcoming titles releasing on Sony consoles like the PlayStation 3 and PlayStation Vita. Games like God of War: Ascension and Soul Sacrifice were shown off along with the awaited Square Enix title, KINGDOM HEARTS HD 1.5 ReMIX.

In the demo attendees were able to play Destiny Island, the very first playable world in KINGDOM HEARTS FINAL MIX where there are many visible updates to the textures and character models of the world. Below is a comparison shot between the original KINGDOM HEARTS and KINGDOM HEARTS HD 1.5 ReMIX.

One lucky person was able to record the footage from the event and uploaded online. We have uploaded the video to our YouTube for your viewing pleasure. Thanks to Churro of KHUltimania for the info!

Source: Naver, NeoGaf

Edit: Thanks to Chaser, there are a variety of screencaps taken from the video for you to view below.

TepidShark

Awards
Music sounds different. I wonder if they have done brand new tracks or just remixed/rearranged the existing tracks. Either way it sounds pretty good, even though it is hard to tell give that this is a video of someone filming the screen.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Got some pictures I'm going to upload in a few minutes for you guys~

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Music sounds different. I wonder if they have done brand new tracks or just remixed/rearranged the existing tracks. Either way it sounds pretty good, even though it is hard to tell give that this is a video of someone filming the screen.

It was already confirmed that Yoko Shimomura remastered/rearranged the tracks.

TepidShark

Awards
Yeah I guess. It just sounded like the tracks had completely different instrumentation something that wouldn't be possible in a pure remix of a track. But then again I am not the most knowledgeable about music production.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
Yeah I guess. It just sounded like the tracks had completely different instrumentation something that wouldn't be possible in a pure remix of a track. But then again I am not the most knowledgeable about music production.

She also said the music was rerranged/remastered with live instruments so maybe that's it?

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
thunder.jpg

Blizzard.jpg

Dodge%20roll.jpg

Magic.jpg

Sora%20Riku%20Race.jpg

Sora%20Tidus%20Fight.jpg

Star.jpg

Triangle.jpg

Gray Aria

The Misshapen Spark
Awards
So the magic is just there for the demo right? It would be silly to be able to use magic that soon.

But my, my! It is always exciting to see one of my favorite old games looking so gorgeous.

Gray Aria

The Misshapen Spark
Awards
If that's true then brb. I'm casting away my body so I can time-travel to the future and have this game now!!!

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
Typically they'd include some abilities and such that you wouldn't have access to in the floor demo just to show things off. I suppose that is the case here.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Typically they'd include some abilities and such that you wouldn't have access to in the floor demo just to show things off. I suppose that is the case here.
Stop crushing my dreamssssss............................... of a new game ++++++++++++++++++++

Shinra

Banned
Awards
the clarity is astounding, just the brightness makes it seem much more defined it's like the sun really is shining down on Sora as he's taking his nap

rikufan06

was it just me or did anybody's back cringe when Sora was hopping form tree top to tree top. Hated that part...

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
the clarity is astounding, just the brightness makes it seem much more defined it's like the sun really is shining down on Sora as he's taking his nap
Don't expect the brightness to stay. I think it's just the TV/video camera.

TepidShark

Awards
She also said the music was rerranged/remastered with live instruments so maybe that's it?

That is probably it. The songs Richard Cheese did on his first album were done with synthesizers, then he later redid some of them with live instruments and the difference was night and day. So it would make sense that they would re-do some parts of the pieces with live instruments if they wanted it to sound fuller

Also, raven777 on NeoGAF says that the video is running at 60 fps, but was not sure if that was just the video running at 60 and the game was actually running at 30 or if both were running at 60.

Last edited:

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
Gotta love that reflecting light in Sora's eyes. <3
And the clean textures...

Yup, I remember they have that often. In the demo of FF VIII I have Quistis can also already use Leviathan in a part early on the first disc despite him only being available halfway during the second disc in the actual game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back