• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Demon's Souls

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Nyangoro

Break the Spell
Awards
I'll probably get it later on. Too many other games take priority for me to get this one right now.

Leonard

Married to Crimson ♥
It really looks quite freakishly hard.

But the really frustrating kind of hard, where your character is just so damn disadvantaged. D:

Square Ninja

"special recipe"
Website
www.classicgaming.com
I just bought Demon's Souls today. This game is fuckhard. It's kind of like Monster Hunter, only even less forgiving. The game very much encourages the player to think out their actions, and if there is ever a time you let your guard down you die a very grisly death.

...but it's incredibly rewarding. More to come as I play it.

╬ProperArtist╬

Instantly Classic
Awards
Website
the13thmember.deviantart.com
I just bought Demon's Souls today. This game is fuckhard. It's kind of like Monster Hunter, only even less forgiving. The game very much encourages the player to think out their actions, and if there is ever a time you let your guard down you die a very grisly death.

...but it's incredibly rewarding. More to come as I play it.

Yeah this is one of the big reasons I want this game.
Alas I'm waiting for Uncharted 2 then I'm gonna pick this up, just because I want to play a little bit of that first because I know as soon as I start playing Demon Souls I won't stop until I beat it.

I think I'm just gonna import the Chinese English version, because most of my Jtv friends have it imported already and I'd much rather play with them.
Unless some of you are going to get the game I won't be picking up the North American version.

I'm a little worried that this'll be another sleeper hit cause barely anyone's talking about this game, what with the ODST's, Uncharted 2's, Modern Warefare 2 and Brutal Legend games coming out. I haven't even seen a commercial for it and it's getting really good reviews. Sadly they probably won't make any sort of sequel for that reason, plus most people probably won't buy it cause it's "too hard".

Mastermind

Remember Me
Awards
If you're talking about Uncharted, why would you import it when it comes out next week? If you're referring to Demon's Souls, if it's already out, why import it?

Nyangoro

Break the Spell
Awards
If you're talking about Uncharted, why would you import it when it comes out next week? If you're referring to Demon's Souls, if it's already out, why import it?

╬ProperArtist╬;4498697 said:
I think I'm just gonna import the Chinese English version, because most of my Jtv friends have it imported already and I'd much rather play with them.

^ This

Nyangoro

Break the Spell
Awards
Doesn't really answer anything. One game's already out while the other will be here within a week's time.

It's not about when it comes out. He wants to use the same version as his friends so that he can play with them. Now, I don't know if it really mattered which version he got; but that's the reasoning (unless I'm reading his post wrong).

╬ProperArtist╬

Instantly Classic
Awards
Website
the13thmember.deviantart.com

Doesn't really answer anything. One game's already out while the other will be here within a week's time.

The Asian and North American servers are different, meaning if I got the NA version I wouldn't be able to play with my friends on JustinTV who're already pretty good at the game.
Ergo I'm gonna import the Chinese English version, plus no one I know here more than likely is getting the game so why get the version which has me co-oping with less friends?

Mastermind

Remember Me
Awards
╬ProperArtist╬;4499172 said:
The Asian and North American servers are different, meaning if I got the NA version I wouldn't be able to play with my friends on JustinTV who're already pretty good at the game.
Ergo I'm gonna import the Chinese English version, plus no one I know here more than likely is getting the game so why get the version which has me co-oping with less friends?

That thought occurred to me, but I wasn't sure whether or not your NA PSN would would just redirect to the NA servers, if that makes sense. Thanks for clearing that up.

Square Ninja

"special recipe"
Website
www.classicgaming.com
i don't have the internet on my ps3

...but this game is ballin'. I started fresh with a new character after I played for a few hours. I went with a Soldier this time, because a swashbuckling Magician wasn't going too well for me. Melee combat is much more forgiving with that setup, what with all that armor and health.

Turns out spears are pretty dirtball in this game. They're one of two weapons that let you attack while blocking, do great damage, pierce armor well, and have mad range for being so quick. My only problem with the weapons so far is that ranged weaponry seems woefully underpowered, then again I've only come across crossbows so far.

The fundamental gameplay is just done very well. The controls are fantastic, and the game forces the player to calculate each move. What's really cool is that while you can "level up," you don't have to to beat the game. Your success depends entirely upon your skills and wit.

Zen

Silver Member
Awards
Got it yesterday, and I must say it was worth the wait. I was going to import it but when I heard it was making it's way to the US, I decided to wait.

Started out as a knight. I barely defeated the Tower Knight today but can't go forward in Boletaria because I have to defeat an archdemon and so I must move on to a new area.

Zen

Silver Member
Awards
i refuse to play knight because the manual says they have horrible drop rates

is this true

=\

Sort of but I am quite content with what I have. Of course, you can level up the percentage of drop rates. Which is what I plan on doing in a bit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back