• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Demyx

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Izayoi

galactic cancer
His "silence, traitor" line seem to redeem his entire character to that point in the game, just because it was out of nowhere and pretty damn cool. I've yet to see him in Days though, so maybe there could be some new scenes along with his apparent laid-back attitude to make him cooler.

I do think his personality was always meant to be dual though; like he wouldn't stay so non-threatening forever.

Lifes.Lover

For the deeds of today resonate....
Website
lifes-lover18.livejournal.com
His death wasn't funny. It was excruciatingly painful to hear him scream like that. Not, in, like, the emotional way in that I was upset that he died, but in that it actually hurt my ears.

His, 'silence, traitor', line is what gives me hope that there is more to Demyx than what meets the eye. Sora underestimated him, and that's what always made me think that Demyx wanted it that way.

Demyx might not like to fight, but that doesn't mean he isn't stupid. Playing weak to get Sora to underestimate him, and therefore become cocky, would be just the type of thing someone with sly cunning would think to do, if it meant getting rid of him.

Izayoi

galactic cancer
And you know, with the limited information we have on his character, that may just be what he was trying to do the whole time.

Would have been a lot cooler if he got his own special setting to fight in though. He could have seriously screwed with you if you fought him in Atlantic or some place else with loads of water laying around.

Izayoi

galactic cancer
Shame because I found the Ursala battle to be pretty cool. Not to mention navigating the labyrinth of a world and finding the Keyhole was pretty wild.

But I mean, Xigbar, Saix, Roxas, Xemnas, and to an extent Axel had a cool themed battlefield to work with. Xaldin was eh but Luxord got pretty shafted with a personalized battle.

Lifes.Lover

Website
The Ursala battle was one of the harder ones I had to deal with in KH1. KH2 was just... KH1 Atlantica was so hard, and truly lived up to the puzzle point of the entire game, so it was enjoyable.

Luxord's battle was pretty... boring. I didn't even have to do anything practically to win.

Kind of sad that some of the harder battles weren't at the end, because Xaldin's was one of the hardest, and that was fairly early on, considering.

Izayoi

galactic cancer
Well, as said, I personally didn't find it too challenging, but he could have been more towards the end. I wouldn't have minded fighting a big gauntlet of Organizations members in some order, rather than just having to picks a few at a time before Xemnas. Iunno, the Proof of Existence section felt a little forced to fight Saix and Luxord, especially since the former seemed to have some plot going for him to lead to something more climatic.

Lifes.Lover

Website
That makes me wonder about a large group fight, going against Sora as a team, how difficult it might have been then.

Imagine how easily they might have defeated Sora if they had done that instead of picking fights with him one by one.

And the fights with Saïx and Luxord did seem a bit forced, though not particularly hard.

All in all, KH2 was just one disappointment after another, even though I still enjoy playing.

Organization_42

Proud Demyx/Kairi Shipper
Awards
His death wasn't funny. It was excruciatingly painful to hear him scream like that. Not, in, like, the emotional way in that I was upset that he died, but in that it actually hurt my ears.

His, 'silence, traitor', line is what gives me hope that there is more to Demyx than what meets the eye. Sora underestimated him, and that's what always made me think that Demyx wanted it that way.

Demyx might not like to fight, but that doesn't mean he isn't stupid. Playing weak to get Sora to underestimate him, and therefore become cocky, would be just the type of thing someone with sly cunning would think to do, if it meant getting rid of him.

I agreed that Demyx isn't stupid the way a lot of people like to portray him in fanfiction (he's got to be one of the most abused characters in the KH fandom!) but I also don't think he was attempting to fake-out Sora by acting friendly and laid-back. We have the scene when Sora first encounters him in the Underworld: he's already running for his life before Sora gets there, and he just keeps on running while barely acknowleding the group except to tell them to get the heck outta there! It isn't until later that he realizes that Sora is the guy that he's supposed to be looking for, and even then, he's really not eager to fight him until their last encounter.

The novels and short stories do give him more depth (and make me excited to see him in Days). He does have the guts to tell Xaldin to get the heck out of his room when he's playing his sitar, and he sort of angsts while playing it because he can't get it to sound the way he wants to without emotions. We also find out that he's a little OC about his hair; it has to be arranged a certain way because he thinks that's how it looked when he was human. As far as his reaction to the events of KH2, he actually protests, however feebly, about eliminating Roxas. After the events of the prologue, he still insists on calling "the hero" Roxas, and doesn't like that he's been ordered to tail Sora/Roxas in the Olympic Coliseum. He also seems to be friends with Xigbar.

Idk, I get the impression that Demyx is pretty kind-hearted for a Nobody, but everybody has their limits, and when Sora tells him he has no heart, that was the straw that broke the camel's back. It makes me wonder if that was the moment when he realized what Axel had known since the end of prologue, that "the Roxas I know is long gone," and that's what made him snap and say, "Silence, traitor!"

Izayoi

galactic cancer
Well there's the personality I was thinking of being built upon in the new game and such. Seems he's a lot more sensitive, which goes with what we've seen.

Lifes.Lover

Website
I'm hoping that it's explored in Days, even though that is supposed to be Roxas' story, but who knows. Perhaps Demyx is just one of those side characters that has great potential that will never be realized, like many from the game. It's looking like the novels, which would give a really good insight into his character, it sounds like, will never be released overseas.

It might have been better if they didn't have so many side characters, in order to devote more time to the ones they did have, instead of stretching it across so many.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back