• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► Dengeki Interview with Tetsuya Nomura Finally Surfaces!

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
Why are people so... weird with Trophies? Aren't all sony games after 2009 meant to have trophies?

It's not like I have problems with trophies or so, I simply do not notice or care for them that much.
It's a nice-to-have in my book but nothing I would be concerned over if it were left out.

RuffPuff

Filthy Turnip
Awards
Please anticipate some as factors for speedruns.

Huh? I don't understand. :I

Anyway, new characters for the PC game sounds interesting. And he says Days is the best bit of the HD collection, lol, not for people outside of Japan! :D
Speaking of which, they may be Japanese, but I would have appreciated it if they asked him if HD is leaving Japan. I mean, the all-round feeling is that it is, but I would like to hear it from the Director. :I

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Huh? I don't understand. :I
Getting things done within a certain amount of time.
Maybe like with the Jungle Slide mini-game "Get below 30 seconds on each one" or "finish the game in under 25 hours".

Just guessin'~

XIII RoXaS XIII

Awards
Maybe like with the Jungle Slide mini-game "Get below 30 seconds on each one" or "finish the game in under 25 hours".

Just guessin'~

*finishes game at 25:01*
mg-580-tableflip.jpg

iDrops

It's a Farce...
Awards

Just guessin'~
Hopefully it is something like that, I'll be able to handle 25 hours but anything stupid like finishing it in under 5 hours and I might cry...

EASY PLATINUM PLZ.

Zul

Awards
*finishes game at 25:01*

Yep, I remember them having something like this in FF9, where in order to get excalibur II, you had to reach a certain point in the game in under 12 hours. There are likely many stories out there of 12:05 and such. It's arguable if it's worth it at all since you'd miss other side quests.

Awards
All the thanks, Ms. Pan. <3

---What sort of content is there story-wise?

Nomura: It is a spin-off title, completely separate from the main plot thread. Because of the nature of browser games from the start, we weren’t going to put in any grand set-up. You can say that this means both existing fans and people new to the series will be able to play standing at the same starting point. Of course we aren’t discarding the established universe of the series, and if you are a fan, we have included some developments that you can consider deeply. We also plan to draw up some new characters for Browser.

---New characters will appear, will they! Will there be developments that embroil these characters in the main plot thread...?

Nomura: I can’t tell you that, but since we are working diligently on Browser so that you may play for us soon, please wait just a little more.

Wow, that's... more than I was expecting?
I thought at least the game would be entirely non-canon, at most it would include a few hints about the mythos of the main series. And it sounds like we might get the latter a bit judging from, "Of course we aren’t discarding the established universe of the series, and if you are a fan, we have included some developments that you can consider deeply."

But if I'm understanding that correctly, there may be actual... uh, historical characters? lol. Interested where that goes!

Last edited:

Cosmic+Amarna

Phantom Gigaplex
After reading this I do find myself kind of pissed off. Don't get me wrong, I'm very happy that they're doing this and I'm also happy I played the titles, but for him to say that he wanted them all on one console makes me mad. Why the f88k did you guys even do what you did then? To sit there after all is said and done, and to be like 'I wanted them all on one console' makes me an angry boy.

This is obvious of course and has been well conveyed by fans before. I guess it was just him saying it that pushed my frustrate button :/

HD HD HD cheahh. I'm getting a ps3 now.

Zephyr

Memory of Melodies
Staff member
Awards
Oh no!! I didn't see this D; I was just refreshing my own post...

Ahh well... good practice either way ^^;

I know hahaha omg

edit: thank you everyone /A\ I am really super out of it from study and lack of sleep and running around here and there so if my translation isn't as smooth as it should be I apologise!! I hope everything made sense and yeah blab blahb thank you <3

Ohh lol it's okay. I think it's good practice for me too since I've only studied for a year and a half with other resources. We'll just use your translations since it's more clearer and you have more experience.

kupo1121

We are Moogle! Hear us...kupo?
Awards
Why are people so... weird with Trophies? Aren't all sony games after 2009 meant to have trophies?

Being one of those "people," I find it hard to explain. Trophies aren't necessary, but they are a way of helping completionists really feel like they've completed the game. Don't get me wrong, getting to lvl 99 is great and all in the game, but you don't really get anything for it outsides or stats that are already overpowered. Trophies gives at least me a reason to do those tedious things, knowing that in the end I'll get a platinum trophy and that is something everyone can see.

It's a nice-to-have in my book but nothing I would be concerned over if it were left out.

lol I'm the complete opposite, I won't cry over lost trophy-support, but I see it as a huge missed opportunity for each game.

I can definitely see timed things, but I would really hope it doesn't involve beating the whole story within a certain number of hours unless the number is easily attainable in one of the first few playthroughs. I'm not very good under pressure nor am I a fan of timed things.

EASY PLATINUM PLZ.

I don't know if I really want an easy platinum trophy. I feel like easy platinums are nearly just as disappointing as barely any trophies in the first place. I like platinums that aren't extremely difficult, but at the same time, take a good amount of time and ones that you can be real proud of having after you have them :)

But if I'm understanding that correctly, there may be actual... uh, historical characters? lol. Interested where that goes!

When I first read that part, Oswald flashed in my mind and I almost died lol xP

ajmrowland

Keyblade Master
Awards
Cosmic_Amarna said:
comment_graphic2.png
After reading this I do find myself kind of pissed off. Don't get me wrong, I'm very happy that they're doing this and I'm also happy I played the titles, but for him to say that he wanted them all on one console makes me mad. Why the f88k did you guys even do what you did then? To sit there after all is said and done, and to be like 'I wanted them all on one console' makes me an angry boy.

This is obvious of course and has been well conveyed by fans before. I guess it was just him saying it that pushed my frustrate button :/

HD HD HD cheahh. I'm getting a ps3 now.

sometimes, a developer has to settle for less what he wants. byt the time RE:COM was being made, the main console team already moved on to Versus and Nomura needed a way to keep the series alive. Also PS2 stopped being supported around that time and to move on with consoles Nomura would've had to struggle with bringing this series to HD. yeah, Wii existed but that's not a hardcore gaming system that RPGers would fully embrace.

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
Thanks for the translations, goldpanner! You work too hard~

I found this part of the interview interesting:

---New characters will appear, will they! Will there be developments that embroil these characters in the main plot thread...?

Nomura: I can’t tell you that, but since we are working diligently on Browser so that you may play for us soon, please wait just a little more.

I wonder if Nomura would implement new characters from the Browser game into the main series. They probably would only be the same in looks, since the Browser title is a spin-off, but it'll be something to keep an eye on.

Hillboy

MIA
Awards
Wow Days will be 2-3 hours long. I wasn't to excited about the Days scenes at first, but that is amazing! It's pretty much a KH movie

kakalakingma

Wow, thanks for the translation!

How long did it take you to finish translating it? Do you translate it on your own or have others help you to speed up the process?

rac7d

The prince of Tides
Awards
Wow Days will be 2-3 hours long. I wasn't to excited about the Days scenes at first, but that is amazing! It's pretty much a KH movie

Thats why i'm sayin lets have a viewinwing aniversary party during its release

Haeralis

Remains of the Judgement
Awards
Website
www.youtube.com
I'm very glad that a Q1 release seems very likely by Nomura's comments. I wish Nomura had more power in Square Enix... I like his games and he knows what he is doing unlike some people *cough*Toriyama, Wada*cough*

I can't wait to play KH1 on PS3. I am concerned about the lack of an NA/EU announcement this far since its original surfacing though.

One thing I was thinking; the original KH1FM had a trailer for the then new FFX-2. Since there wouldn't be a reason to include that with this, do you think they would just up and remove it, or would they maybe add a new trailer to a certain Nomura made, highly anticipated game that has been absent for two years (of course referring to Versus)?

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
To be honest, I don't see him including any sign of Versus with KH.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
I'm very glad that a Q1 release seems very likely by Nomura's comments. I wish Nomura had more power in Square Enix... I like his games and he knows what he is doing unlike some people *cough*Toriyama, Wada*cough*

I can't wait to play KH1 on PS3. I am concerned about the lack of an NA/EU announcement this far since its original surfacing though.

They've never announced a localization for any game in this series so early on after the initial reveal. If they did I can understand why people would be concerned, but it seems like they're just progressing at a fairly typical pace.

One thing I was thinking; the original KH1FM had a trailer for the then new FFX-2. Since there wouldn't be a reason to include that with this, do you think they would just up and remove it, or would they maybe add a new trailer to a certain Nomura made, highly anticipated game that has been absent for two years (of course referring to Versus)?

Let's just be satisfied with what we're getting instead of expecting anything beyond that for now?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back