• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Film ► Descendants 2 - "Basically baby villains x2"

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Muke

whatever
Awards
The villain song of the movie, I guess

[video=youtube;_dyvXcv3ej0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_dyvXcv3ej0[/video]

Muke

whatever
Awards
Re: Descendants - "Basically baby villains"

Has anyone watched the sequel yet? Since this is kind of a guilty pleasure of mine, I just finished watching it (bless the powers of streaming), and I have to say, this was much better than D1. I liked the songs a lot more (Ways to be Wicked is pretty cool, I liked What's my Name. Space Between is GORGEOUS The final song/well, rap battle, was okay. I liked the singing in that number a lot more than the rapping), and there was some character development that I found really interesting.

Uma is a really likeable villain and I semi-rooted for her. Ben's singing sucks. They should've just hired the dude who sang for the character in D1 instead of the actor. Sorry. That was too much autotune.

Also, there's a sequel-bait at the end again.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
I started watching it. I need to finish, but from what I did see it was definitely leaves better than the first.

I've also seen some gifs around and I am in love with a new things that happen.

Muke

whatever
Awards
I started watching it. I need to finish, but from what I did see it was definitely leaves better than the first.

That's great! Hope we'll get to hear your opinion on it

Nazo

Hope Remains
Awards
I watched the sequel the other night. At first, I found it to be a lot more cringey than the first film, but as the movie progressed, it got better and better. By the end, it won me over. One thing I will say is that the lip syncing is terrible, much worse than the first film. It was acceptable in the first film, but in this one it's just completely off. Part of it is because the songs are so incredibly overproduced. I know HSM did this exact same thing, but I'm telling you D2 did it worse. The special effects in this movie were also a bit sloppy, especially one that happens in the climax.

But overall, this series continues to surprise me. I keep expecting these to be awful and they're surprisingly solid movies. D2 is also longer than the first one which I think really helped flesh out the plot as a whole. The first film felt a bit rushed, but this one has a pretty nice story arc. I loved the ending, definitely my favorite part of the movie.

Muke

whatever
Awards
I watched the sequel the other night. At first, I found it to be a lot more cringey than the first film, but as the movie progressed, it got better and better. By the end, it won me over. One thing I will say is that the lip syncing is terrible, much worse than the first film. It was acceptable in the first film, but in this one it's just completely off. Part of it is because the songs are so incredibly overproduced. I know HSM did this exact same thing, but I'm telling you D2 did it worse. The special effects in this movie were also a bit sloppy, especially one that happens in the climax.

But overall, this series continues to surprise me. I keep expecting these to be awful and they're surprisingly solid movies. D2 is also longer than the first one which I think really helped flesh out the plot as a whole. The first film felt a bit rushed, but this one has a pretty nice story arc. I loved the ending, definitely my favorite part of the movie.
I honestly didn't notice any lip-syncing issues in most of the songs... maybe I just didn't pay attention close enough? Also, I think you specifically mean the CGI tentacles, right? If so, yeah, I agree, was really sloppy. Especially because the lightning just doesn't match up.

I agree, I also really loved the ending!

rac7d

The prince of Tides
Awards

So its good, I heard it brought Disney back to viewership it hasnt reached in years. I think back and even though I liked HSM2 when it came out it wasnt a great movie or anything so I should t really judge this. I am also a fan of china

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back