• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Destiny (Expansion I: The Dark Below out 12/9/14)

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Orion

Prepared To Die
Awards
qyWhn.jpg

“Our story begins seven hundred years from now in the Last City on Earth, in a Solar System littered with the ruins of man’s Golden Age. A massive, mysterious alien ship hangs overhead like a second Moon. No one knows where it came from or what it’s here for, but only that it’s our protector. Meanwhile, strange, alien monsters creep in from the edge of the universe, determined to take Earth and the Last City. We are young ‘knights’ tasked with defending the remains of humanity, discovering the source of these monsters and – eventually – overcoming it.”

Bungie's Destiny Story Details, Concept Art Leaked - IGN

Published by Activision. Composed by Marty O'Donnell and Paul McCartney.

YES, GODDAMN MARTY AND DIDDILYING PAUL

game music of the year all years right here folks, i'm calling it

Leaked concept art

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Re: Bungie's 'Destiny'

This does look very interesting. All I want to know is if it is structured as a F2P MMO where you just have to buy the game disk and I might bite.

D

Deleted member 36435

this looks completely original, i've never seen a game like it

quiteMAD

What a guy!
Awards
Website
defineprog.deviantart.com
Re: Destiny (Bungie's next project)

I was watching some videos on this today, myself, and I'm super hype. If they manage to pull off all the things they want to pull off, this could be absolutely amazing.

Red Sage

A very ambitious undertaking indeed. Many features push the limits of what in my mind would be a current-gen game. A damn shame they're limiting themselves to current-gen hardware, when their stretch goals clearly call for intensive hardware. From what I've seen of the art and promotional material, the concept looks original and creative; a far cry from their previous gung-ho space-marine shooters. Can't wait to hear more from the team.

axel95

Awards

I have been excited for this since I found out Bungie was working on a totally new game early last year. This looks excellent and I will definitely pre order it.

Orion

Prepared To Die
Awards

Very disappointed to learn it's all FPS and all MMO, with no offline capabilities. Also the whole 'you are the last one true hope' is done to death. I won't rule out the possibility that Bungie will make Destiny an extremely solid game, just some of these recent announcements took the wind out of the sails of my hype-yacht.

Reagan Rayden

Exploding Man
Awards

555917_10151329324261633_268940528_n.jpg

Very disappointed to learn it's all FPS and all MMO, with no offline capabilities. Also the whole 'you are the last one true hope' is done to death.

How are you the last hope if there are thousands of other people in the world who are also the last hope?

Orion

Prepared To Die
Awards

How are you the last hope if there are thousands of other people in the world who are also the last hope?
No idea, but that's how one of the videos - narrated by a scripted voice actor, no less - said you were the last hope.

Pablo

rocket sloth
Awards
Website
prodimator.tumblr.com

Very disappointed to learn it's all FPS and all MMO

While that is how it appears, Bungie is very persistent at throwing away that description. They say it is neither an FPS nor an MMO, Destiny just contains elements of both. As of now, I'm still a bit unsure of what they mean exactly. I know that the world is always connected with others, but you choose whether you want to interact with others or not, so not technically an MMO. As for the FPS part, I'm not entirely sure how it isn't. Maybe by not being super linear and you are given free roam capabilities? Who knows. Just have to wait for more information.

If you have not yet read this article, I highly suggest you do. It goes into much greater detail about the whole game and it explains more on the whole "this is no fps or mmo" things.

quiteMAD

What a guy!
Awards
Website
defineprog.deviantart.com

As for the FPS part, I'm not entirely sure how it isn't. Maybe by not being super linear and you are given free roam capabilities? Who knows. Just have to wait for more information.

Maybe it'll be like an elder scrolls game, and you can chose to be either third or first person, and they just haven't shown of the third person part yet? =D

Reagan Rayden

Exploding Man
Awards

The 3rd person view in those games have been mostly inferior or just not as good feeling as 1st person view.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back