• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Destiny Islands - what role will it play?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

TotalPotato

The title says it all, how big a role do you think Destiny Islands will play in Kingdom Hearts 2? Do you think it will be a playable world, or just a place where Sora returns to at the end of the game? Will it have a major impact on the storyline?

I personally hope that it plays a bigger part in KH2 than it did in KH1. Of course, there was no reason for Sora to return there in KH1, because he was searching for Riku and Kairi. Now that Kairi's there, there may be more incentive for Sora or Riku to travel there. I think that there are secrets in Destiny Islands, and I want to find out more. I especially want to find if the door in the Secret Place is a Heartless Portal, or something else entirely. Is the Secret Place special in any way? Why didn't Kairi turn into a Heartless when she lost her heart? Questions like that niggle at me.

Anyway, enough of my rant. I just figured that my first post on this forum had better be worthwhile. How do you feel about Destiny Islands?

Chosenoneknuckles

I think Destiny Isles will have more a role, seeing as Kairi may very well set off on her own adventures once the world barriers are taken down again, how sora and riku's disappearance has been handled by the townspeople and their parents, and Kairi's inner sorrow will be a main focal point i imagine for its return

i do wonder tho, what IS the secret place, i always thought that the door was one of those that could lead to kingdom hearts, probs cos of all that darkness i saw gushing out of it in KH's beginning events... what will become of Destiny Isles this time round i do wonder

soar_fly

I think the door in the secert place is the keyhole to Destiny Islands. Some one said that in a short movie on Kingdom Hearts Sora and Tiku are kids and when Sora leaves the secert place, the keyhole appers on the door like it was reviling it to him because he was the original Keybalde Master. I didn't think of this, I read it some where.

Chosenoneknuckles

soar_fly said:
I think the door in the secert place is the keyhole to Destiny Islands. Some one said that in a short movie on Kingdom Hearts Sora and Tiku are kids and when Sora leaves the secert place, the keyhole appers on the door like it was reviling it to him because he was the original Keybalde Master. I didn't think of this, I read it some where.

I think u mean Riku instead of Tidus here, yeah i guess that makes sense, the door just being the keyhole. Still it seems different somehow to me than the others...

kbmaster

The King of Random
Website
www.myspace.com
soar_fly said:

I think you read it off of my thread, The Original Keyblade Master, in the Kingdom Hearts section. Yes, the Secret Place is the home for Destiny Islands keyhole. I would think that Sora would return to DI to seal it at least.

*Edit*
Here is the link to the thread that mentions DI's keyhole.

http://forums.kingdomhearts2.net/showthread.php?t=17847

Last edited:

riku#1

The door in the Secret Place is the Keyhole, Sora has a flashback and it shows Riku turning around and seeing the keyhole in the middle of the door. I think that Destiny Islands will be a bigger part in KH2, and I agree, I think that Sora will go back to seal the keyhole there at least. But I don't think that Sora will end up there at the end of the game, since there's probably going to be a Kingdom Hearts 3, unless the third game isn't in Sora's pint of view, just my opinion

sorarocks

they'll probaly have a couple of times when we see kairi at destiney islands sitting on the beach,looking at how the townspeople will react to the disapeerence of sora and riku and walking about in the secret place.or the classic.....drawing pictures of sora and riku in school because she can't concentrate.:)

TotalPotato

It did look like keyhole is in the Secret Place, I was just wondering if it was any different to the others. What is the purpose of the door-like object on the wall? It just seems completely out of place.

I'm slightly confused by the fact that the keyhole was only revealed to Riku. I know that at that point, he hadn't chosen the path of darkness, but when Sora sealed the keyholes to other worlds, the keyholes didn't wait for everyone else to disappear before they revealed themselves, did they? But the keyhole in the Secret Place only revealed itself when Sora left. Strange.

And Kairi... I hope that something will change in her life. If she stays on the islands, and life carries on as normal, the importance of her will fade. I'd like something to happen on Destiny Islands that will mean that Kairi will be a significant character, so that we won't forget about her and that we will actually care what's going on at Destiny Islands.

Majik1387

TotalPotato said:
Why didn't Kairi turn into a Heartless when she lost her heart?

She didn't turn into a heartless because Sora was carrying her heart for her. When heartless die you see hearts coming out of them, and since Kairi's heart was in Sora, no heartless was made. That or because she's a Princess of Heart, because when the other Pirncesses hearts were taken, they didn't turn into a heartless either.

DiZ'journey

well they dont turn into heartless they turn into nobodies there hearts turn into heartless so to speak but your half right sora carried her heart... the question is why didnt she turn into a nobody......? off topic though .... if my theorie is right(just a thought) they will need her to open kingdomhearts so it could be a big deal i could picture it "im finnaly home where is kairi?" "shes gone sora...stange people in coats toke her away" anyways

helios

Bronze Member
first i just want 2 know WTF happens 2 the heartlewss after they are killed they do
cotain human hearts so does the human ever get their heart back and if they keep
becoming heartless after they are killed but the flashback scene where u see kairi
might be the first time you see the islands and mabey the only other time u get 2
the islands is when Soras job is complete truthfully i dont want 2 go 2 the play place
they were at the first time but i want 2 go 2 the town.

BFU:weeeeeeee im blind
BHK:stop touching me
Sora:guys stop fighting
BHK:tell him stop TOUCHING ME!!!!!!!!!!!

TotalPotato

Majik1387 said:
She didn't turn into a heartless because Sora was carrying her heart for her. When heartless die you see hearts coming out of them, and since Kairi's heart was in Sora, no heartless was made. That or because she's a Princess of Heart, because when the other Pirncesses hearts were taken, they didn't turn into a heartless either.

Yes, but it was obvious by her terrible condition in the Secret Place that her heart was either gone or almost gone. The Heartless had reached Kairi before Sora got to the Secret Place, so why didn't she transform into a Heartless immediately? Maybe the Princesses' hearts' purity makes them slightly resiliant to Heartless, like you said.

And the Princesses' hearts couldn't have been taken, because of those beams of light that looked like they were coming from their hearts in Hollow Bastion. A beam of light wasn't coming from Kairi, because Maleficent was lacking her heart.

I want to know more about Kairi's past. I wonder if she knew Leon, Yuffie, Aerith and Cid from Hollow Bastion? Then again, the oldest she could have been when she last saw them was probably about five years old. And how did she get to Destiny Islands? I thought there were "impassable" walls between worlds. So many unanswered questions...

Josh

Silver Member
hey dude who started this did you beat kh?cuz kairis heart was with soras heart the hole time and i think destiny islands would be a boring world.and dude that door is where the keyhole is.

Silverwolf1500

The Silver Guardian
The secret place willl definitely be significant. Sora never got to see that Kairi drew herself giving him the paopu fruit at the end of KH. And the door will, of course, play an important role.

TotalPotato

kh2-Sora said:
hey dude who started this did you beat kh?cuz kairis heart was with soras heart the hole time and i think destiny islands would be a boring world.and dude that door is where the keyhole is.

Read my last few posts again. Don't skim through them, read them thoroughly. They should answer your question. In case they don't, I'll try to explain more fully:

I know that Kairi's heart was within Sora. My point was that when Sora found her, she seemed drained and lifeless. You could tell this because of her bad condition and her monotone voice. I take this to mean that the Heartless had reached Kairi before Sora arrived, so my query was, why wasn't her heart taken then? My guess is because she is a Princess of Heart, and so the purity of her heart may offer some resistance. But this is just a guess.

Yes, I know that the keyhole is in the Secret Place. I thought I'd made that clear in one of my posts. Wait, I did. Oh well, here comes an explanation anyway, since you're either too lazy to read the post, or you don't get it for some obscure reason. I know about the Keyhole, but I'm wondering whether the door in the Secret Place had some other significance. It doesn't seem to fit in with the Secret Place, unlike some other Keyhole locations. Deep Jungle's is on a tree, Agrabah's is in a hidden chamber behind a rock wall, Neverland's in on Big Ben, need I go on? Destiny Islands' Keyhole is on a door that seems randomly placed in the Secret Place. Why is there a door there? That's what I'm curious about.

I apologise to everyone else for wasting your time, because this post seems to basically be a repeat of my previous two posts. However, a question was directed at me, so I thought I'd better answer it.

JoeysGirl

*Quote AnuBis22I: don't really think destiny island is going to be in tha game???*

Just to answer that question/statement, Destiny Islands will DEFINITELY be in the game. from what i have seen, it is also confirmed to be a playable world, since some sites talk about playing at a whole new part of the island.

To get back to the rest of the posts...

Sora had kairi and all the other princesses' hearts in his heart. thats obvious to anyone who saw the little movie after beating ansem (in riku's body), when sora unlocks his heart (and everyone elses') with the blade. but this thread is about Destiny Islands, so lets get off that topic for good. ;)

The secret place will obviously be a big part of the world. first off, the keyhole is there, and the whole point of the worlds is to lock the keyholes (duh. lol) second, kairi's drawing is there. (paupo fruit thing that she shares with sora). this will make sora happy and riku (if he sees it) even more jealous (maybe so jealous as to set off the bad darkness in his heart and fight sora? ok, unlikely but just something to think about)

ok i havent played KH since i beat it (like 2 years ago) so i cant recall everything that happened in the beginning. please tell me if this is right. ok, u start out in soras little dream where u learn the controls. fight darkside. destiny islands. build a raft, race, blah blah blah. go home. heartless come, fight a little bit, get a keyblade. the next place you go to is through that fancy door in the Secret Place.... right? then u fight darkside again. when u fight darkside that second time, are you still on the island...? wait... i think you are on a broken off part of the island that is surrounded by darkness. now this place is actually through the door? if sora had the keyblade and the door was the keyhole, wouldnt the keyblade automatically lock the keyhole, like it did in the other worlds? if the door was a keyhole, why did he walk right through it? is it because the worlds were "connected" at that time... so he couldn't lock it just yet?

please forgive me if that is wrong and there is like an obvious explanation to that... i am having a bad day, very headachey, all that crud. just someone explain that clearly, please.

kbmaster

The King of Random
Website
www.myspace.com
You have good logic JoeysGirl, but I think you are wrong. The DI that Sora was at during the end of kh was an imatation or a copy of the real DI. That is why Ansem was able to manipulate the appearance constantely.

My point is that the keyhole wasn't there to seal, because he wasn't in the real DI.

PS: I hope you feel better, JoeysGirl.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back