• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Devil May Cry (Where we wait for DMC5)

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

robvandam111

Silver Member
Awards
Re: Devil May Cry (DMC4SE digital only in West; June 18th 2015)

I don't see the problem with DmC Dante being all that different either though. I get not liking his character because he can be a smarmy douche, but the whole point of it being a parallel universe is that they can do things differently.

I could've sworn that was just an excuse to be used for the fans that still felt nostalgic of the original Dante and its good to have it that way which means that maybe...just maybe the original Dante isn't done yet.

hemmoheikkinen

Dear Kafka
Awards

I watched the Vergil gameplay clip again, and there was this one thing that really appeals to me. It was this:

tumblr_nmuw93v6Cr1qcm0i5o2_500.gif

So Vergil does this really awesome move, and in the end he slows down his hands, and elegantly puts the Yamato back to its seat. For me that little gesture is the soul and heart of Devil May Cry, the coolness factor. You don`t need any swears, rude behavior or anything like that. Just that little hand gesture is enough. I think Capcom still understands the charm and attitude of the older DMC games. You don`t need a douche like character who swears most of the time and shows his middle finger to every person he dosen`t like. Yes, I was not very fond to the new Dante. I thought the new DmC was pretty fun game, but most the appeal from the previous entries was lost.

Anagram

Banned

Could not agree with you more! Also that gif is elegantly beautiful. How was the rest of Vergils gameplay?

hemmoheikkinen

Dear Kafka
Awards

Could not agree with you more! Also that gif is elegantly beautiful. How was the rest of Vergils gameplay?

I though it looked pretty good. It was pretty awesome to see him bring havoc to surrounding enemies. Here is better quality video of Vergil if you are interested:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sazH0YIWXmY (the polygon person stops talking after little while)
His moves are really fast and smooth, but also elegant. DMC4 Vergil will wipe the floor with the DmC Vergil. I think Vergil`s old voice actor, Daniel Southwoth recorded some lines for DMC4. I haven`t hear some of the battle quotes before. I got chills when Vergil speaks while the Devil Trigger is activated. So badass! I can`t wait!

robvandam111

Silver Member
Awards

Vergil's Opening:

[video=youtube;WaNnPmdN-tA]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WaNnPmdN-tA[/video]

Anagram

Banned

Cannot wait for this.

I though it looked pretty good. It was pretty awesome to see him bring havoc to surrounding enemies. Here is better quality video of Vergil if you are interested:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sazH0YIWXmY (the polygon person stops talking after little while)
His moves are really fast and smooth, but also elegant. DMC4 Vergil will wipe the floor with the DmC Vergil. I think Vergil`s old voice actor, Daniel Southwoth recorded some lines for DMC4. I haven`t hear some of the battle quotes before. I got chills when Vergil speaks while the Devil Trigger is activated. So badass! I can`t wait!

Finally got to see it and I am hype! I'm a bit disappointed that he has the DMC3 weapons but the hype of returning to the old series overshadows it~

Anagram

Banned

It's out!? Damn I've fallen behind on it. I really want to play it....maybe it's time to trade in most of those Assassin Creed games I got.

Crimson Jazz

You ain't got no YEEZY!?!

I forgot how frustrating it is to play as Nero after I downloaded the SE. I'm so glad I'm on the Dante missions now.

And Vergil is fucking AMAZING. OMG. Haven't played as Lady or Trish yet.

ToriJ

Website
torijreviews.blogspot.com

I want to play DMC4SE, but I don't have the system it's on yet. I have all the other DMC games. Beat 1, 2, 3, and the reboot. I still need to play through 4. DmC was hands down the easiest out of all of them. From what I've been told these games seem to have a reverse Star Trek thing going on. The odd number ones are good, and the even number ones are bad. Going off the ones I've played all the way through I find that to be true.

robvandam111

Silver Member
Awards

Can we confirm that Vergil is related to Nero some how now?

Anagram

Banned

OH DAMN OH DAMN OH DAMN OH DAMN OH DAMN OH DAMN Got DMC4Special Edition. Vergil is back, the older better universe is back, devils may cry but right now I'm a cryin from all the stylishness!
Vergil is as fucking boss as he ever was. I forgot how much I love his force edge style. Although I'm a bit sad he doesn't have new weapons but oh well it's Vergil! Fuck yeah!

I haven't even tried the other modes yet. I was hoping Dante would get his own option like Vergil but that doesn't seem to be the case sadly. It's literally this games only real flaw in that Dante has such few missions. If Vergil can play all of them I dont see why we can't have a Dante mode.

Minor gripe though because old universe, old Vergil, old Dante, I'm a dyin a happy man right now!

Now if only they'd make a DMC3 PS4 Edition with DMC4s more refined combat I'd be the happiest person alive.

hemmoheikkinen

Dear Kafka
Awards

Can we confirm that Vergil is related to Nero some how now?

I don`t remember exactly where it was, but it has been confirmed that Nero and Vergil are indeed related. I think it went even that far, that Vergil has been confirmed to be Nero`s father. Darn it I can`t remember where I read it, but it was only a couple weeks back.
Also the special edition has a scene where a woman is looking at Vergil. Kinda implies stuff? :)

OH DAMN OH DAMN OH DAMN OH DAMN OH DAMN OH DAMN Got DMC4Special Edition. Vergil is back, the older better universe is back, devils may cry but right now I'm a cryin from all the stylishness!
Vergil is as diddlying boss as he ever was. I forgot how much I love his force edge style. Although I'm a bit sad he doesn't have new weapons but oh well it's Vergil! diddly yeah!

I haven't even tried the other modes yet. I was hoping Dante would get his own option like Vergil but that doesn't seem to be the case sadly. It's literally this games only real flaw in that Dante has such few missions. If Vergil can play all of them I dont see why we can't have a Dante mode.

Minor gripe though because old universe, old Vergil, old Dante, I'm a dyin a happy man right now!

Now if only they'd make a DMC3 PS4 Edition with DMC4s more refined combat I'd be the happiest person alive.

Vergil gameplay looks really fun. DMC4 was one my first PS3 games, and my first DMC title(I was a bit confused).
There has been speculation going on that they are creating DMC 5 at the moment.

Happyfunshineman

Awards

Anyone tried playing around with Lady and Trish yet? I find there a bit overpowered but still really fun to play as.

Seems like a lot of people with you could play as Dante in all the mission like Virgil. I've got to agree but I would want that option for all other characters as well.

Anagram

Banned

I don`t remember exactly where it was, but it has been confirmed that Nero and Vergil are indeed related. I think it went even that far, that Vergil has been confirmed to be Nero`s father. Darn it I can`t remember where I read it, but it was only a couple weeks back.
Also the special edition has a scene where a woman is looking at Vergil. Kinda implies stuff? :)

Vergil gameplay looks really fun. DMC4 was one my first PS3 games, and my first DMC title(I was a bit confused).
There has been speculation going on that they are creating DMC 5 at the moment.
Is there really such confirmation? It's hard to imagine human-hater-halfbreed Vergil with anyone. Even a devote follower of a cult worshipping his father.

Virgil's gameplay is fun so far. DMC4 (PS3) was my first too but I've played them all at this point. DMC3 was the peak of the series I felt.

Anyone tried playing around with Lady and Trish yet? I find there a bit overpowered but still really fun to play as.

Seems like a lot of people with you could play as Dante in all the mission like Virgil. I've got to agree but I would want that option for all other characters as well.
A solo mode for everyone would be the best idea to hit this game. Or rather to make a damn good extra edition better.

hemmoheikkinen

Dear Kafka
Awards

Is there really such confirmation? It's hard to imagine human-hater-halfbreed Vergil with anyone. Even a devote follower of a cult worshipping his father.

Virgil's gameplay is fun so far. DMC4 (PS3) was my first too but I've played them all at this point. DMC3 was the peak of the series I felt.

I try to find the confirmation. This reminded me that Vergil did not really like humans after all. Hmm, gotta dug up some info.

DMC3 is so good! I have sadly only played DMC3 and DMC4, but mans those games were a blast. I even got the special edition of DMC3 were you could play as Vergil back in the PS2. It was so much fun to slay demons with Yamato.

Anagram

Banned

Edit.

Okay I just beat Vergils story and at the end as he leaves Fortuna his shadow is focused on showing what looks like the specter that appears behind Nero while in devil trigger.
I guess that's a confirmation of fatherhood or that Vergil is at least tied to Nero in some way?

I don't understand why Capcom doesn't just confirm this shit.

I try to find the confirmation. This reminded me that Vergil did not really like humans after all. Hmm, gotta dug up some info.

DMC3 is so good! I have sadly only played DMC3 and DMC4, but mans those games were a blast. I even got the special edition of DMC3 were you could play as Vergil back in the PS2. It was so much fun to slay demons with Yamato.
Vergil definitely wasn't humanities biggest fan. Though I think it's an interesting debate of it being hate or just contempt for the weak.
For instance Vergil holds two items dear, Yamato, a gift from his father and the amulet, a gift from his mother. In DMC3 you get a brief insight when he rants to Dante about how if your not strong you can't protect anything. The last thing he couldn't protect was his mother, a human.
I say he hates humans out of a contempt for weakness but hates them nonetheless. It's always a good debate to see.

IMO those are the only two you need to play. I started with 4 but got the PS3 collection of DMC 1-3 and 1 didn't age well and 2 was horrible. But 3, 3 was a diddlying masterpiece. The only thing 4 did better than 3 was Dantes style combat.
The anime, which is surprisingly canon, wasn't to bad either. It shows you that Dantes views on humanity isn't much greater than Vergils.

Speaking of DMC4 I tried other characters finally AND HOLY DAMN I LOVE LADY! Overpowered as hell on easier modes but fun as hell.
I also love LOVE how costumes appear in cutscenes. Beria prototype costume looks so much better on him.

Edit 2. So with the special edition the old DMC timeline is now:
Vergils trip to Fortuna>DMC3>DMC1>Anime>DMC4>DMC2

Back