• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Did "Ansem" release Terra's heart too?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Xurik

To start from the beginning, Terra's body was possessed by Xehanort at the end of BBS meaning Terra's body now contained his and Xehanort's hearts (also Eraqus' heart ended up in there too somehow). So after that the newly formed Terranort gets amnesia, starts going by Xehanort, and eventually steals Ansem's name just before the first game and releases his heart with Master Xehanort's keyblade as seen in KHDDD. My question is what happened to Terra's heart when Ansem/Xehanort/Terranort spilt into Ansem, Seeker of Darkness and Xemnas?

And for that matter what about his body? I suppose it would make sense that Xemnas was created with Terra's body and perhaps he has Terra's heart as well but the persona of Xehanort is somehow still in control. The extra scene in KH2FM when Xemnas talks to Aqua's armor would seem to support this idea.

And side note, what about Eraqus' heart?

Nayru's Love

Why don't you play in Hell?
Awards
That's unfortunately been rather unclear throughout the whole series. Based on how Nomura said it was possible that XH (Xehanort's Heartless) visited DI because of Terra's memories of Riku, Terra's heart may have been part of the conglomerate of hearts that XH was composed of.

As far as we know, Xemnas' body is the same as Terra's body.

Xurik

So if XH and Xemnas both have some of Terra's memories then both have some of his heart as well as Xehanort's? I was thinking (hoping) it was more of a clean break like Sora (Sora's heart) and Roxas (Ven's heart)

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
We simply don't know yet how memories, hearts and powers were divided between Ansem and Xemnas, the whole Xehanort/Terra/Eraqus-mess was also deliberately left a mystery by Nomura.
Dream Drop Distance only added more to that mystery and we may have now also to include Xemnas' own heart.

Sora's heart conglomerate isn't really "clean" either, since while Roxas carried Ven's heart, he has also grown his own and then there's Xion's heart in the mix as well.

The main difference though is that in Sora's case all these hearts remain separate inside Sora's heart as, unlike Xehanort, he doesn't try to dominate and overtake them.

Xurik

So you're saying not only did Ven's heart heal while with Sora's and go to Roxas, Roxas developed another heart AND Xion developed her own heart based solely on Sora's memories? First of all this seems like kind of a stretch but more importantly, are you expecting appearances from Ventus, Roxas and Xion in KH3? While that would be awesome I don't see where the material form would come from...(sorry to get away from my initial question I'm just curious/confused)

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
So you're saying not only did Ven's heart heal while with Sora's and go to Roxas, Roxas developed another heart AND Xion developed her own heart based solely on Sora's memories? First of all this seems like kind of a stretch but more importantly, are you expecting appearances from Ventus, Roxas and Xion in KH3? While that would be awesome I don't see where the material form would come from...(sorry to get away from my initial question I'm just curious/confused)

Quick question beforehand: Did you play/watch Dream Drop Distance or do you plan to do that?

Xurik

I don't own a 3DS so no I haven't played but I watched some of it. Honestly I got bored after 40 minutes of Sora's story and no plot advancement. I have watched some individual scenes like the ending with Lea and Kairi. If you could point me to a way to watch it with less fluff I'd appreciate it, otherwise spoil away

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
Well, Sora is generally a nice guy, lol, so there's some fluff expected. *ggg*
The thickest plot in DDD however happens in The World that never was (inside Sora's dream and the real one) and later on inside Sora's heart. It will answer your questions above.

Beforehand let me elaborate a bit on Xion though.
Xion always had a heart because she was not a Nobody, but a Replica like the Riku Replica from Chain of Memories, and Replica's do have hearts from the start.

Nobodies however have no hearts...at the beginning, but that state does not have to be permanent. It has been hinted at in Re: Coded that Data-Sora gave birth to a heart, and Pinocchio is a wooden puppet with a heart.

That being said, these scenes are particulary interesting and important for the future of KH:

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Xurik

Ohhhh well that definitely helps my confusion, guess we'll just have to wait and see about Terra's heart tho. I'm sure it'll be just as complicated if not more. Wouldn't be surprised if a piece of Terra ends up being in Riku

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back