• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

did anybody else... hate Aqua?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Theart

Hyped Ruler of Honnouji Academy
Awards
I found Ven a whole of a lot weaker than Aqua, personally.
I find it ironic though that you think Aqua was just "perfect" and that's a reason to hate her when you're the member of a Xion FanClub.

Fix'd (I think) ;D

And I have to agree with this statement. You want to bitch about a character that's just PERFECT? Look at Xion.

Sorry this is just my opinion but neither Xion nor Kairi (not defending Kairi just Xion) were perfect in anyway, for the 1st couple of weeks Xion was completly devoid of emotion, she for a shot time couldnt even wield the keyblade, she had to struggle with the decision to return to Sora, or continue living as herself, hell she even turned on Roxas in the end, so Xion in my opinon had more thought put into her character than Aqua, & you sir insult me & my fellow club members by comparing the 2!

PFFT. Xion's a Mary Sue! Her whole thing is just make you go "AWWW POOR THING, SHE'S SO CUTE!" =/ And honestly? The only one insulting you and your fellow FC members is yourself, sir. Xion was the canon event of a fangirl placing herself amongst Organization XIII as "the "Fourteenth Member" (whoo!) and is best friends with Axel and Roxas! 8D" Aqua, on the other hand, is a much more believable character for her flaws and development.

Let me put it to you THIS way; no tears were shed by me when Xion died. In comparison, I cried more than I have in years when Aqua sacrificed herself to save Terra and got trapped in the Realm of Darkness. =/

Last edited:
A

Artorius Rex

What? Aqua was the best attempt by Nomura to finally have a three-dimensional Kingdom Hearts girl who manages to kick butt ranging from Braig to Vanitas to Xehanort, sacrifice herself to roam the Dark Realm to save her friend, and create Castle Oblivion? I considered her the main protagonist out of the three but come on, really? She moved and reacted to the story along like I would expect Sora and Riku and didn't sit on her bum like Kairi or have everything revolved around her like a certain little Sue.

Goldpanner

KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Sorry this is just my opinion but neither Xion nor Kairi (not defending Kairi just Xion) were perfect in anyway, for the 1st couple of weeks Xion was completly devoid of emotion, she for a shot time couldnt even wield the keyblade, she had to struggle with the decision to return to Sora, or continue living as herself, hell she even turned on Roxas in the end, so Xion in my opinon had more thought put into her character than Aqua, & you sir insult me & my fellow club members by comparing the 2!

Those are all situational flaws, that the tragic little angel must endure. She doesn't have an actual personality flaw to speak of.

Aqua blindly followed the master with a closed mind. She needed to look outside the box and realise that her master wasn't a god or anything. This flaw of hers put a strain on her friendships.

And you know what this equated to? Her sitting on her bed and moping for half the game. Aqua had to struggled with decisions too but at least she actually went out and did something about it. Xion did nothing. But weep. And Moan. And then she left with Riku, only for the novels to reveal that all she did was... you guessed it: weep and moan, just in a new bed this time. Riveting.

I love you girl.

As for Aqua, I love her. Looking at her costume and magician-girl role I was expecting someone quite feminine, and then playing the game I was pleased with how despite being so feminine, she was also very strong.

A

Artorius Rex

Fix'd (I think) ;D

And I have to agree with this statement. You want to bitch about a character that's just PERFECT? Look at Xion.

PFFT. Xion's a Mary Sue! Her whole thing is just make you go "AWWW POOR THING, SHE'S SO CUTE!" =/ And honestly? The only one insulting you and your fellow FC members is yourself, sir. Xion was the canon event of a fangirl placing herself amongst Organization XIII as "the "Fourteenth Member" (whoo!) and is best friends with Axel and Roxas! 8D" Aqua, on the other hand, is a much more believable character for her flaws and development.

Let me put it to you THIS way; no tears were shed by me when Xion died. In comparison, I cried more than I have in years when Aqua sacrificed herself to save Terra and got trapped in the Realm of Darkness. =/

The only thing remotely sad is her theme song to be honest.

Sora The Key

Awards
Website
www.youtube.com
Nah, Like I said before.
I'll get used to the voice acting, and I like Aqua, I like Ven and Aqua more than I like Terra. I mean Terra is bad ass, but he is so freaking SLOW D:. But No, I dont hate her, I adore her, I adore her more in the JPN version, but America version is fine with me :33.

Terra. Duh.

How is Terra perfect, he is the slowest character in the game. He is strong, but slow. not perfect.
and there is no such thing as perfect in this world. or any world.

Awards
She stops believing in Terra after hering Malifecient bad mouth him.

Aqua kept kidding herself about Terra, thinking that he'll be fine on his own. You're right, she eventually stopped believing, but really because she hardly ever believed in the first place, only deluded herself into thinking so. Each world she goes to, she kept saying that Terra would be fine.
But her doubt is justified- look how Terra ended up.

And when the two finally meet again in the Keyblade Graveyard, she stops kidding herself.
Terra: I went astray-but no more.
Aqua: What else is darkness but hate and rage? Xehanort is feeding the dark fires within you, making you fight. You'll go astray again. Tell me- how does that honor our Master's memory, Terra?

Z

Zulkir

I found her to be the best out all female KH characters so far, in my opinion, the worst thing about her was her English voice.

lilVon

live, laugh, lobotomy
Awards
I don't see how this is related.

Which gave her a fun "woe-is-me" and "come-save-me-roxas-otherwise-im-worthless-and-we-can-cry-about-how-mean-saix-is" development arcs. Groundbreaking.

And you know what this equated to? Her sitting on her bed and moping for half the game. Aqua had to struggled with decisions too but at least she actually went out and did something about it. Xion did nothing. But weep. And Moan. And then she left with Riku, only for the novels to reveal that all she did was... you guessed it: weep and moan, just in a new bed this time. Riveting.

you're a member of the Xion Fanclub, you practically insult yourselves and your own integrity.

ok this might hurt the validity of my argument but i didnt finish days, in my defence my DS broke & I let a chick who i was about to start dating, borrow it & she pawned it, but i did get half way through the game, & i watched cutscences on youtube and read the rest of xions story on the KH Wikia, so i didnt know about alot of this mopping crap, but what you have to realize is Xion is a full human being she was only alive for about the same amount of time as Roxas, & when your told that your just a clone made of some 14 year old boys memories then thats a pretty harsh realization especially with Rikku bugging the hell out out her to quit her existance & return to Sora, & when she tries to do some soul searching & leave the orginization, one of her best friends, Axel is tasled with bassically kicking her ass & dragging her back, this alot to deal with considering at this point shes only been around for 6 months & is just learning to become a functing member of society (if you can call orginizations life society) so yeah Xion had a whole lot of crap to deal with where as Aqua has no real conflicts other than take down the unverse & keep Terra out of darkness but this isnt the place to discuss Xion. if you want anybody here can PM me about Xion & ill argue it with you till im blue in the face. (eeven though im not talking)

Theart

Awards
ok this might hurt the validity of my argument but i didnt finish days, in my defence my DS broke & I let a chick who i was about to start dating, borrow it & she pawned it, but i did get half way through the game, & i watched cutscences on youtube and read the rest of xions story on the KH Wikia, so i didnt know about alot of this mopping crap, but what you have to realize is Xion is a full human being she was only alive for about the same amount of time as Roxas, & when your told that your just a clone made of some 14 year old boys memories then thats a pretty harsh realization especially with Rikku bugging the hell out out her to quit her existance & return to Sora, & when she tries to do some soul searching & leave the orginization, one of her best friends, Axel is tasled with bassically kicking her ass & dragging her back, this alot to deal with considering at this point shes only been around for 6 months & is just learning to become a functing member of society (if you can call orginizations life society) so yeah Xion had a whole lot of crap to deal with where as Aqua has no real conflicts other than take down the unverse & keep Terra out of darkness but this isnt the place to discuss Xion. if you want anybody here can PM me about Xion & ill argue it with you till im blue in the face. (eeven though im not talking)

First off, YES that takes away your validity of any argument (which didn't have much validity at all to begin with). On a second note, I thought you said Xion was devoid of emotions? ... Oh wait a second, you DID say that Xion was devoid of emotions! =/

Xion was completly devoid of emotion

CONTRADICTION!

And as for this...

where as Aqua has no real conflicts other than take down the unverse & keep Terra out of darkness

Aqua had a heck of a lot more conflicts than just that. =/ I'm sorry, but I get the feeling you really don't know what you're talking about.

ManOfTheBand

I didn't like Aqua at all. I think Square should have done something to her. Like Terra got this rivalry with MX and Ven with Vanitas. Aqua should have her own bad guy. Aqua was there just to help Terra and Ven to achieve their goal. Nothing more.

And that stupid whining about darkness pissed me off. Her VA made me want to shoot myself etc.

And BTW she wasnt cool. Master Xehanort is the coolest guy in gaming just behind to Solid and Naked Snake

Last edited:

Delsan

Killjoy Hillington
Awards
Are you kidding me? Aqua's awesome. And come on, am I the only one who actually LIKED Aqua's English VA?

Theart

Awards
Are you kidding me? Aqua's awesome. And come on, am I the only one who actually LIKED Aqua's English VA?

I was fond of Willa. I think they could've casted someone better for the role (coughKariWahlgrencough), but alas for a first timer, I liked Willa. Hope she improves, come next game. ^_^

Delsan

Killjoy Hillington
Awards
I was fond of Willa. I think they could've casted someone better for the role (coughKariWahlgrencough), but alas for a first timer, I liked Willa. Hope she improves, come next game. ^_^

Is Kari that good? I've heard a lot of people say that she would have been better for Aqua, but I've never heard her voice.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
With the voice type they went for Aqua, They should have chosen some one like Lara Bailey. and what's works has Kari done?

The only two I know of are Princess Ovelia in FFTactics: War of the Lions, and Ashe from FFXII.

Organization_42

Proud Demyx/Kairi Shipper
Awards
I haven't finished Aqua's story yet, but I like her so far. Tbh, she reminds me of Hermione from the Harry Potter series a little bit, because she's the one that has to keep the boys in line and make sure they follow the rules, which they hate. I don't get the impression that she's trying to give Terra and Ven a hard time; she's just looking out for their well-being and she thinks that what they're doing will get them killed or worse. I honestly felt sorry for her during that scene in Radiant Garden, when she tries to tell them to stop what they're doing, but then they yell at her and just leave her standing there all alone. Constructive criticism: everybody needs it; nobody wants it. Poor Aqua.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back