• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Did anyone dislike Xion?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ehres

` dragon dance
Awards
I wasn't too keen on Xion at the start, but surprisingly, I do like her. I don't love her as a character but she does capture my interest so that's always a good thing. Got more depth to her than Kairi, that's for sure. :/

Smile

Codename: D
Awards
Website
www.fanfiction.net
So are we trailing back into the realm of what "could" happen (ie, the memories of Xion "could" return)?
The events of CoM didn't need to be remembered for it to be important anyway.

:\ shooting myself in the leg here (or not?) but Sora, Donald and Goofy are the only ones that truly forgot about Namine. Everyone else, both the Org and Riku and Mickey and Diz remembered. And them remembering doesn't really mean all that much if the events themselves would affect the future of the series. In which case Xion being remembered or not doesn't matter so long as they give her very existence more meaning through other means.

Awards
No, I'm talking about the whole filler issue here.

CoM, even if it is less important than KH1/KH2, isn't filler, at least not like Days. And the biggest reason is because it is essential to understanding the story.

That's because it introduces the Organization, shows us about half of the members' fates, and sets the stage for KH2 in a manner different than Days.
Had you not played CoM, there'd be important questions left unanswered. Why is Sora in a pod? Why did so many people forget about him? How did he meet up with this Namine and DiZ? What happened to the other members of the Organization?

Days, on the other hand, basically shows us things that had already been divulged to us in KH2, such as Roxas' betrayal. And Xion, while a key part of the game, is forgotten, making her importance intrinsic to Days (since it is as if it never happened).

Put another way, in order for the story to have a coherent flow, the only game that is optional to play is Days. It's one of those "this is a nice addition to the series, but it isn't necessary" games. I don't need to see the daily life of the Organization, but I'm not complaining.
Yes, you'd need to play Days in order to know the entire KH canon, but you don't have to in order to understand the context of the other games.

Smile

Codename: D
Awards
Website
www.fanfiction.net
Yes, you'd need to play Days in order to know the entire KH canon, but you don't have to in order to understand the context of the other games.

That are released now, I'm tired of repeating myself :\ and as far as "realm of what could be" goes, BBS falls into that just as well as we don't know what Mystery or KH3 would be about, despite how likely speculations are.

A

Audo

Nomura has already said that Days connects to future titles, meaning it isn't filler.

Allister Rose

French Lover
Nomura has already said that Days connects to future titles, meaning it isn't filler.

i dont see the contradictory.

if it wasnt canon (which it is) then it wouldnt be "connected" to future titles, still, simply saying is connected isnt proving much.

the only thing i can see days being connected to future titles is the repeated tlak about CoR and CoW

Deny93

Personally i like Xion, i haven't beat the game yet so i don't know how it ends ( i think im on day 304) but she has a lot of depth to me.

pumpkinhead

Awards
Website
last.fm
she was a pointless addition.

That's exactly what I thought. I'm known for hating all the KH-girls (actually only Kairi and Xion, to be precise)
since they can't even fight. Kudos to Xion though, for trying. Because I won't call Kairi's ballet with that flower-y stick fighting. Days would've been the same without Xion. Nomura just had to put an extra girl there for some reason.

My two cents-

I disliked Xion in days, felt like extra baggage, slowing dem Roxas and Axel there down.

Also, this.
Only my opinion, don't kill me.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
I didn't like Xion at first, because of the way she was introduced; it was like a bad fanfic, with a Mary-Sue just randomly popping in. I really didn't think her presence was necessary; like what someone else said, she was like extra baggage.

Then I played Days and grew to like her, and all was well.

luna1017

Trying to reach the Second Star to the Right.
I HATE HER I HATE HER I HATE HER!!!!!!!!!!!!
I'm glad I'm not alone.

*subtle spoilers, ye be warned*

Man, I feel like a real loner here. Was I the only one who completely detested Xion? I found her super annoying. Mostly because Roxas moaned about how sad he was when she wasn't around. Which was all the time. And he gave her his keyblade and I had to fight the Heartless with a stick.

My favourite moment though when she woke up from sleeping for 20 days and then forced herself on me to come on a mission, and the FAINTED right before the boss battle. So Axel took care of her and I ran around screaming profanities because I had a) none of the right magic to fight the heartless and b) my partner was babysitting an unconcious girl. My dad thought I was crazy because I was screaming at my DS, "JUST THROW HER INTO A F!@$%^$!CORNER OR SOMETHING AND COME HELP ME!"

Anyways, that's me, ranting. Which I apologize for if I offended anyone. But, I had to get that off my chest.

Did anyone else feel the way I did about her? And if not, why did you like her?

:)
I felt the same way XD

Beyer

I thought of her a stupid pointless character at first that was going to be as much as a disappointment for the females as Kairi but after playing Days, I love her now.

She really knows how to make me sad, she was cliche as others have said but she was just amazing. She struggled with choosing between what is right and her friendship, she found out she was a replica of Sora (imo, ouch!). They gave her great emotion as well, my favorite example being at the start of the Axel and Xion scene at the mansion. She is frantically looking around which to me showed that she was really quite stressed about returning to Sora and was yet, at the same time, hoping to see Roxas or Axel again. (maybe I am overthinking)

I do love Larxene but I would have to say Xion is the best to date, kinda hard to chose between naimine and her though...

I also read about some complaints about pointless side-stories. I love the side-stories but I would have to say that I wish they were done after the finished off Sora's story.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back