• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Did anyone think...?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.
...that the final bosses of the game were pretty easy for final bosses in kingdom hearts? In several of the fights I did have to retry several times, but I actually beat armored Ventus Nightmare on the first try. I was playing on proud mode and probably finished the last section of the game (after the last time you can save) in two to three hours, including the awesome cutscenes. I felt a little dissapointed that some of the dream eaters gave me more trouble than the end of the game. Does anyone else feel the same about this?

Edit: I completely forgot about Ansem SOD's second fight, sorry for sounding like an idiot. This fight more reflected the difficult bosses we've come to expect from the series, but my opinion still stands on everything else.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
The very last boss is only an armor animated by a nightmare with like four HP bars, just like in Days or Final Fantasy VII, the pen-ultimate boss is supposed to be the hardest, which in DDD's case would mean Young Xehanort.
One has to also say though that Xemnas and Ansem SoD are probably harder than the Nightmare Armor as well.

Love Machine

strut strut strut
Xemnas was rather easy once you understand his attack pattern, while Ansem rip you a new heart.

I actually though Ansem SOD was relatively easy except for his charging attack which would kill me when it hit. Xemnas probably took me the longest because he threw buildings and didn't react to being blocked. Young Xehanort's fight was just cool because it had time travel and you found out he was the mysterious figure.

Neko

Keep Holding On
Awards
I was playing on Proud Mode and I thought the final bosses were decently hard when compared with past Kingdom Hearts bosses. Especially Ansem SoD in my case. I died two times against him, but never died against the others. Xenmas was the easiest for me along with the Armored Ventus Nightmare. Although I should mention I was high leveled when I battled them, so they were not as challenging for me. If you are looking for more of a challenge I would play on Critical Mode.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
The difficulty is definitely higher than in previous KH titles in either case not counting secret bosses.

The battle with the Nightmare Armor also was not originally planned as revealed by Nomura, so it stands to reason that the Armor fight was intended more for fun purposes, raise tension for the following cutscenes and allow more throwbacks to the other games in the series (like the Armor using some Fever Pitch-combos and a shotlock in the end).

Ansem and Xemnas are surely beefed due to having higher health and that they can pack some punch while Young Xehanort requires the player to keep focused all the time in order to not draw the battle out.

Love Machine

strut strut strut
I actually though Ansem SOD was relatively easy except for his charging attack which would kill me when it hit. Xemnas probably took me the longest because he threw buildings and didn't react to being blocked. Young Xehanort's fight was just cool because it had time travel and you found out he was the mysterious figure.

If Ansem's attacks didn't leave you with 1hp and killed you, he would be near impossible.

Arausio

Celtic God of Water
yeah i had the most trouble with Ansem SoD. xemnas was easy. YX was just a little hard to keep up with.

also, it might not be that they are easy, it could be we are better at playing these games now. and knowing to be prepared.

Decrith

I have to say, after playing all KH games, these are actually the hardest storyline bosses I've fought. Xemnas was harder here than in KH2, Ansem was just plain frustrating, YMX was surprising and fun. But even though they're harder, we pretty much got used to playing KH and probably adapted quickly to it.

State

Awards
Personally, this game had one of the most hardest final boss sequences on the series. The Nightmare was kinda hard, Ansem 1 was a bit harder, but Ansem 2 was waaay harder than the previous two, while Xemnas wasn't as hard as the past three and Youngnort was a bit engaging.

WaveK89

Ansem SoD-2 was just tedious pain because of that long stretch. I did almost all the damage because my dream eaters could barely keep up.

Xemnas was a pain because I could barely catch a break with him though almost all of the final bosses were like this.

I didn't bother finding a strategy for Armored Ventus. I just Flowmotion out of the way until I can launch a solid attack or ability. I was pissed off that I hurled into a shot-lock battle because of my low health. I wasn't sure if I would survive it.

Many bosses going on, and I will agree that these were some of the toughest main bosses I fought.

State

Awards
Oh yeah, I forgot about Ventus Nightmare, lol. Personally, he was hard, but when you block and counter, it gets easier (then again, if you apply this strategy to every battle they all become easier.)

Key Wielder

Awards
I agree, these were the toughest boss battles yet for me, especially Young Xehanort. While he wasn't as difficult as his Mysterious Figure battle in BBS, the strategy necessary to defeat him gave the battle another dimension that added a certain level of difficulty. Everything about the battles in this game was like that, though; with the Flowmotion, command deck, and just normal attacks, it was probably meant to evoke a greater sense of strategy and figuring out which attacks were better suited to each battle. I will definitely agree that the Armored Ventus Nightmare was relatively easy, but as Sephiroth said, it was an addition to make the ending less anticlimactic.

kupo1121

We are Moogle! Hear us...kupo?
Awards
I don't think that Xemnas was that hard at all, but then again, I don't really count him as the final boss of the game. I think Riku's final fights were much harder than Xemnas (not counting Ventus Nightmare) and overall were definitely in the harder section of final bosses. The only final boss I think that was harder than the final bosses of this game was Ansem SoD 2 in KH1. I had such trouble with him, and if you lost you were sent back to before Darkside 2 -__- that was a pain. I think the hard part of Xehanort stems from the fact that if you didn't beat the clock in time he would rewind time and gain life back. I think if that gimmick of him healing were gone he wouldn't be as difficult, which is why I thin Ansem SoD from KH1 was more difficult, he was just as bad and he didn't need to heal.

KHJEDIKNIGHT

Awards
I've only played on Standard Mode, so I can't really say for sure, but among the final bosses, Ansem SoD was the only one who really gave me hell. All the others are relatively easy to defeat, at least on Standard Mode.

iDrops

It's a Farce...
Awards
The bosses were easy? I was on standard and I was having a hard time. The only bosses I found easy were the Nightmare Armour, Xemnas and the hooded Nightmare. Every other boss was annoying, especially Ansem SoD's second form. I didn't find YMX as hard, but when he turned into a clock thing, that part kinda threw me as I fail at RS. It took me hours to finish this game.

geisttgih

Ansem 2 was the hardest of DDD"s final fights for me, in no small part for the RIDICULOUS damage that he outputs with many of his attacks, and the way he likes to push you far away then pepper you with darn-near instakill lasers.

I LOVED the fight with Xemnas - it was tough, and kept me on my toes, but he had a predictable attack pattern (that still took a couple tries to learn) and was one of those bosses that more tested your technical mastery of blocks and counters than just spat insane damage for the heck of it. I enjoy those kinds of fights the most, and it's something that I personally feel the handheld entries (BbS and DDD) have done an excellent job of.

Ansem 1 and Armored Ventus Nightmare were pie (although I admit I died once during Ventus' Shotlock because he initiated it when I had a couple slivers of health and I guess I wasn't mashing A fast enough)

EDIT: Forgot YMX. That was a super fun fight as well, but not particularly hard. I just spammed him with Dash commands and other attacks that made me difficult to hit, took my time beating down the clock after initiating the RS, and claimed victory. There was one time I didn't hit RS quick enough tho >.<

dlppictures

Awards
Website
dlppictures.blogspot.dk
Reading through all the posts, I guess I'm in the minority here...

Of all the final bosses, the only ones that killed me was Anti Black Coat, because of low level, and Xemnas.
Ansem 2 I thought was easy, granted not as easy as Ansem 1, but still easier than Xemnas, YX, Nightmare Ventus and Spellican.

sdr08

the Nightmare coat gave me the most trouble, with his drain attack and he picks up HP balls to heal himself. tbh, I didnt find both Ansems SOD forms that hard, i mean yeah I died a few times, but once you know what to expect hes easy. I was playing on proud mode, but keep in mind I had my deck full with curagas, maybe thats why they seem easy to me, but the difficulty is certainly increased than past games. I died so many times on char lobster and commandtis

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back