• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Did Demyx hide his true personality?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Samhain

Bronze Member
Did he just make himself seem all wimpy like and funny?

I mean did we see a glimpse of his true personality when he told Sora
"Silence...traitor."

destinykh

The Troll
Awards
Sinking into the light with a heart of pure darkne
It depends on your definition of 'true' personality. He has been acting all wimpy and funny based on the memories of his human self, and as a result has been accused by the other Org members to pretend to be more human than he actually is. I don't think it's conscious on his part, because for all the prejudice against Nobodies, they ARE the exact same people as their Somebodies, only without a heart and by extension, emotions, and thus are more capable of performing evil acts without the need for remorse or guilt.

The Hollow Bastion battle was possibly the first and last time he has shown that he is not all that different from the other humanoid Nobodies. So him being cold and unfeeling during the last few moments of his life is not so much his true personality IMO but more of a common 'symptom' experienced by every Organization member. Alternatively, you can say that that is his true personality as a Nobody, as is the case with all the other Org members.

*TwilightNight*

Bronze Member
Awards
I believe Demyx is simply like that. He's a funny, laidback guy. However, the jokes he cracks in Days makes him sort of an ass sometimes. Part of them made me feel like he was hiding an insult (so did Xigbar, but, that's expected). He might be silly and cowardly, but he's no pushover when his patience thins. He isn't as nice as the fandom makes him out to be, and that's the mistake. He has his edge. So it isn't hard to surmise that when Sora kept taunting and egging him on, that said nasty side of him came out when he's had it with the kid.

You have to recall, back in KH2, we didn't see much of Demyx or how he really was. We just witnessed how he acts on a mission and how he is when he's passive. Reading some novels, and then playing Days, made me realize he has his thirst of jerk ass somewhere. In other words, someone cool to hang out with, but one I wouldn't want to keep pushing buttons with, unless I can take him on.

Last edited:

Epif

The Delicious
Website
epiphany-delirium.tumblr.com
I'm going to agree with the others in this thread; Demyx didn't seem to be consciously hiding his personality during KH2. He ran away from battle whenever he could, he sneaked around behind Sora, Hercules & Co., and constantly claimed to be unfit for the task asked of him. And that was only in KH2. In Days, he's shown to be just as lazy, if not moreso. As TN said, the fandom has kind of pushed this personality on him that he's a lazy, hyper, happy-go-lucky guy when in reality, he's more of a lazy and calm schemer who prefers to avoid fighting not because he's a pacifist (in a "I don't want to fight" sort of way) but as a lazy bum ("Training means sweat, and sweat is gross." -Demyx, in Days).

ICECOOL113

I think that he is just who he is and that is funny,lazy, and awesome!

Well everyone forgets how serious he can be too also. In his last moments he was talking to Roxas and I guess he was exerting his power.
In Days Axel told Roxas that Demyx may seem he does nothing but he actually is serious when he gets the job done

Shadow_

Banned
Awards
I love Demyx probably my favorite organization battle in KH2. I honestly love his personality so orignal.

rac7d

The prince of Tides
Awards
Did he just make himself seem all wimpy like and funny?

I mean did we see a glimpse of his true personality when he told Sora
"Silence...traitor."

no one makes themselves wimpy on purpose and demyx wasnt wimpy he was just younger then the rest

kupo1121

We are Moogle! Hear us...kupo?
Awards
Yeah, I think the community sometimes makes him more nice then he actually is as others have stated. The Orgnization has a lot of different personalities and attitudes and I think Nomura did that purposefully so that we realize that nobodies get their personalities and look from their somebodies. Demyx just represents the lazy, calm kind of personality as opposed to characters like Larxene who is very jumpy and sassy. Personalities vary widely across people and places and I think the organization shows that.

flurryflames

I think that he is just who he is and that is funny,lazy, and awesome!

Well everyone forgets how serious he can be too also. In his last moments he was talking to Roxas and I guess he was exerting his power.
In Days Axel told Roxas that Demyx may seem he does nothing but he actually is serious when he gets the job done

Exactly. Axel would know him better. It almost like he he didn't want Roxas to know about Demyx. As Demyx says "You shouldn't judge anyone by appearance."

In the oringal dailogue when he points at Sora Demyx actually said "Go to hell!" And he uses that serious tone. His funny side is a ruse which he simplifes on purpose. It probably makes him feel real or completee when he uses it on the members. Almost like a split personality, but yes he can fight if he has no choice and is very good at it.

digimikej

Awards
i picutre demyx the way i picture pre-sora meet axel: throws you off with a lax nature, and is in reality an emotionless cold blooded deadly monster.

localorange

I don't know about the emotionless bit - but I like to think he's more calculating than he makes himself out to be. Didn't he say in Days that he prefers Recon missions? He's probably sent quietly to do more calculating work that takes more brain than brawn.

rac7d

The prince of Tides
Awards
I don't know about the emotionless bit - but I like to think he's more calculating than he makes himself out to be. Didn't he say in Days that he prefers Recon missions? He's probably sent quietly to do more calculating work that takes more brain than brawn.

haha wait why
demyx was just chil dude
he proably the kind guy who sits back and plys his gutar all day
i dont think hes dumb but calculating...... sound like ienzo your referring too demyx was one of the ones who didnt actually have a sense of belongling to the group even sora sense that, in his past life he was porably just a goofy kid or teen and i bet he was never violent explaining his bad fighting skills ( not sure on his age)

Relix

A traveler
Awards
It depends on your definition of 'true' personality. He has been acting all wimpy and funny based on the memories of his human self, and as a result has been accused by the other Org members to pretend to be more human than he actually is. I don't think it's conscious on his part, because for all the prejudice against Nobodies, they ARE the exact same people as their Somebodies, only without a heart and by extension, emotions, and thus are more capable of performing evil acts without the need for remorse or guilt.

The Hollow Bastion battle was possibly the first and last time he has shown that he is not all that different from the other humanoid Nobodies. So him being cold and unfeeling during the last few moments of his life is not so much his true personality IMO but more of a common 'symptom' experienced by every Organization member. Alternatively, you can say that that is his true personality as a Nobody, as is the case with all the other Org members.

This is pretty much the answer. Everytime Demyx shows any sign of emotion whatsoever (fear, sadness, anger etc.) he is basically acting according to his memory, how he used to act normally when he was a human. When he tells Sora, "Silence...Traitor." That is more or less him just being a typical nobody and not trying to pretend to be feeling. He wasn't being his true self per se, as if he's original personality was that of a cold uncaring person, but he was simply being his current true nature which was an unfeeling nobody. All nobodies when they appear to be showing emotion, they are just acting on memory and not really feeling what they are showing. Save for Roxas, Namine(who is barely a nobody or anything for that matter), and possibly Axel. I'm fuzzy on how Nomura wants to handle him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back