• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Did E3 annouce a ps3 pack to play ps2 games?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.
K

KHLover89

My brother said that he saw that E3 annouced a new pack, that will allow people that own a PS3 can now play PS2 games when you download the latest update, did any one else hear this, or whats the news on it.

Forever Atlas

The World Rests On Me
Awards
Obviously you mean patch? Firmware update?

Either way, no E3 had no such thing. There was however a rumor a few months ago saying that there would be an update that would allow PS2 games to work on the PS3. That never came to be and there hasn't been any more talk about it.

Macabre

Gold Member
When have rumors of the PS3 getting backwards compatibility for PS2 games ever come true?
I was expecting Sony to announce the PS3 slim along with backwards compatibility of PS2 games.

Dogenzaka

PLATINUM USERNAME WINS
Awards
Killing is easy once you forget the taste of sugar
Sony had no reason to announce the PS3 Slim at E3.
There's little reason to announce a slim, effectively render all the old PS3s still left on store shelves unbought and useless, and have the console launch during the dry summer months instead of the holiday season.

Expect fat PS3s to phase out over the summer, and then at TGS Sony announces a price drop or PS3 slim in time for the holidays to turn a bigger profit, and get rid of existing hardware bundles.

As for firmware update, Sony isn't deaf. They know you want it.
I'm sure they're working on trying to make it work.

Zook

you can never leave KHI
Awards
As for firmware update, Sony isn't deaf. They know you want it.
I'm sure they're working on trying to make it work.

It's just way at the the bottom of the to-do list under the coffee stain.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back