• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Did I mention how much I hate college?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

SorasTwilight

Website
www.youravon.com
*Rant* So I completed my first week there, and I hate it. Well not exactly hate it, but omg, I do not do well with people. I had to explain to my dumbass roommate about 10 times what kingdom hearts was and get into room drama :/ My advice for anyone going off to college soon, commute if you can. I'm planning on doing it next semester and for the rest of my college career. My mom says that I won't have "a life" if I do this, but I'd rather save money, get a job that's possible to get, and keep my sanity *end rant*

SoraX

I guess the first week of anything will be tough, you never know there might be someone there who really likes KH and you just havn't met them yet, give it a little time :)

SugarToppedLove

Website
www.youtube.com
There are always going to be those kind of peeps
in this world.

Thankfully my college classmates are all suppose
to know KH and anything from square Enix to
survive.

SoraX

You guys could be at the same college !
highly unlikely but possible

Nayru's Love

Why don't you play in Hell?
Awards
There's myriads of better reasons to get worked up over bad roommates, particularly roommates that:

A: Are loud drunks in the middle of the night
B: Keep you outside the room too many times because of sex
C: Fill the room with the scent of drugs
D: Other

But really, take my advice and don't get worked up that fast. College is a great time to get to know different people from across the nation, especially if you're dorming; it's a completely different ball game from high school. Dorm life can get crazy, and you won't be in college forever, so enjoy it while you still can.

Wehrmacht

cameo lover
Awards
*Rant* So I completed my first week there, and I hate it. Well not exactly hate it, but omg, I do not do well with people. I had to explain to my dumbass roommate about 10 times what kingdom hearts was and get into room drama :/ My advice for anyone going off to college soon, commute if you can. I'm planning on doing it next semester and for the rest of my college career. My mom says that I won't have "a life" if I do this, but I'd rather save money, get a job that's possible to get, and keep my sanity *end rant*

This is legitimately one of the worst reasons to complain about a roommate that I've ever seen. If you think people not knowing kingdom hearts is reason enough to not want to dorm, I think you might have a different sort of problem altogether. Do you honestly think most of the people you meet in college are going to know or care about most of your nerdy hobbies?

Dorm and college life is very different from high school and you should think of it as an opportunity to get out of your comfort zone and have experiences. There are always going to be external factors, but you have to do the best you can with what you have.

Last edited:

Taylor

Gold Member
Awards
college is all about what you put into it. if you're going to blacklist it over something as simple as "he doesn't know what kingdom hearts is" and denounce the whole experience after the first week, you're probably overreacting. yes, living off-campus is economically the best choice by far, but as someone who currently in that situation and who has been for two years now, it's fucking abysmal for your social life. not just friendships, but connections and networking. it makes things a lot more difficult and a lot less pleasant.

i don't want to outright say "suck it up", but uh...yeah.

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
Most people I meet don't know what KH is. It's unfortunate not to share a common interest, but life doesn't have to become unlivable with them over it.

i am that person sorry not sorry, my RA doesn't give a shit too so i guess it's all good.
My friend got kicked out of her res because her roommate reported her for having weed.

SorasTwilight

Website
www.youravon.com
Lol honestly it gets worse, I just didn't know how to phrase it and word it. I've met people who are into the same things that I'm into as well. But for a while now I've had some problems where I literally can't handle people. And that for mental health wise, I might commute so I can get the help that I need.

Dogenzaka

PLATINUM USERNAME WINS
Awards
Killing is easy once you forget the taste of sugar

Wait, you got in a fight with your roommate over Kingdom Hearts? Sounds like you need to grow up.

I've never lived in a dorm. Dorms suck. It doesn't mean you won't have a life. Or at least, at my school it doesn't, since we literally have thousands of student organizations and shit to do. So I made friends. Now I live somewhere with actual friends as roommates. It's nice. Don't label college as completely sucking because you potlucked with a random student and got in a fight with him on your first week.

As for mental health, see your campus' mental health/support clinic and see what they can offer you first.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
*Rant* So I completed my first week there, and I hate it. Well not exactly hate it, but omg, I do not do well with people.

Many of us are like this. You have to learn to cope because if you don't, you're going to find yourself in more situations where you are not comfortable with people and get into problems because of it. I'd suggest taking an interpersonal communications course to learn how to handle being around people, and perhaps a beginners sociology class because you definitely need to learn the balance of being with and around people who do not live the same lifestyle as you.

I had to explain to my dumbass roommate about 10 times what kingdom hearts was and get into room drama :/

I mean, it is definitely disappointing when somebody doesn't know what something you are into is, but it is definitely not something to get into an argument about. If they have made an attempt to listen and you've explained and they just do not get it, then do not bother explaining it anymore. Just tell them "oh, just a game series I like with Disney characters in it."

Drama will always happen with a roommate. I remember having my fair share of issues my first semester of college. Before our second semester we drew out boundaries and talked things out with an RA and housing counselor and had no more problems. My second year I roomed with another I roomed with one of my old roommates who I got along with and had a pretty cool time.

I commute now because I am not in a financial situation where I can dorm or get a roommate.

My advice for anyone going off to college soon, commute if you can.

Everybody is different so some will enjoy the dorm life, others will hate it. It is disappointing you have been grouped with people you don't get along with, but dorming is honestly not that terrible when you are with the right people and in the right state of mind.

I'm planning on doing it next semester and for the rest of my college career. My mom says that I won't have "a life" if I do this, but I'd rather save money, get a job that's possible to get, and keep my sanity *end rant*

Good for you. You're not going to not have a life. As long as you made friends with people on campus and maybe join some clubs, your college experience can be just as enriching as if you were living on campus or even better because you won't be bound by the rules of the school and free to go home and do whatever you want.

I've met people who are into the same things that I'm into as well.

That is good. I'd also suggesting making friends with people who aren't into the same things as well. You'll find yourself in a more enriching environment by diversifying your scope of friends.

But for a while now I've had some problems where I literally can't handle people. And that for mental health wise, I might commute so I can get the help that I need.

You truly do need to go to schedule an appointment with your school psychologist ASAP. And your major's advisor because this is also a potential problem for your education. If you are having problems with people, how do you handle going to class? You'll have to do group projects. Nobody gets through these things alone and like I said above, you need to know how to deal with people with different views and lifestyles or you're going to find yourself running into more problems down the line.

scubasteve

Banned
Awards
Everyday is a new day
I’m thankful for every breath I take
I won’t take it for granted
So I learn from my mistakes
It’s beyond my control, sometimes it’s best to let go
Whatever happens in this lifetime
So I trust in love
You have given me peace of mind
chorus:
I feel so alive for the very first time
I can’t deny you
I feel so alive
I feel so alive for the very first time
And I think I can fly

Sunshine upon my face
A new song for me to sing
Tell the world how I feel inside
Even though it might cost me everything
Now that I know this, so beyond, I can’t hold this
I can never turn my back away
Now that I’ve seen you
I can never look away

[chorus]

[bridge:]
Now that I know you (I could never turn my back away)
Now that I see you (I could never look away)
Now that I know you (I could never turn my back away)
Now that I see you (I believe no matter what they say)

[chorus x 2]

Taylor

Gold Member
Awards
But for a while now I've had some problems where I literally can't handle people. And that for mental health wise, I might commute so I can get the help that I need.

Introversion and Cynicism are two completely different things and you, my friend, likely have the latter.

Johnny Stooge

Hawkguy
Awards
Sounds like somebody needs to drink more.

There's not a problem a student can come up against at university that can't be solved with the liberal application of social lubricant.

lorrieclaudia

Well now you know what you need to do as many have said KH is not the only life. Go and enjoy yourself out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back