• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Did Nomura finally give up on Kingdom Hearts?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Well, did he?

• Yes

Votes: 15 17.0%
  • No

Votes: 73 83.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Awards
The story is obviously not progressing and the recent games are letdowns (excluding BBS).

Xion's whale scream was obviously a cry for help on Nomura's part.

Last edited:

rokudamia2

Dream eater ally.
Awards
I would say bbs was a let down as well.

(enjoyed days and recoded more)

rokudamia2

Dream eater ally.
Awards
If you make money through it you can keep it going.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
Well, according to the latest twitter message from Nomura they're quite eagerly into developing KH DDD and he thanked the fans for receiving BBS so well and said he looks forward to see more speculating.

So no, Nomura's not giving up and quite a bunch of the fandom as well.

Just some parts of the so-called fandom can't stop bashing and whining at every second thread which honestly starts slowly to tick me off. (That is now only said generally and not directed at someone specific!) If it bothers that much go get to another game series or throw all entries beside the oh-so-super KH1 in the garbage bin and then STFU.
I'm getting seriously sick of it...
---

Sorry, but I just had to let that out once...

Silverslide

need some more candy cane
I would say bbs was a let down as well.

(enjoyed days and recoded more)

how.

BBS is the best KH that came out in a long time, though it has its gaping flaws. Days is the most monotonous piece of shit to come to the series.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Nomura hasn't given up on the series. This series is his lovechild. It is the first game he got to direct and he loves the series dearly. And honestly if you ask him if he feels some games in the series were unneeded, he'd probably answer "No. Every single game is important."

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
The X-Blade. Vanitas. The Unversed. The fact it added more plot holes than closing them. I could go on.

I enjoyed BBS, though.

I lold that every once again people shout for Nomura to introduce new things instead of rehashing and if he does they're dissed as plotholes...hilarious. Why not reserve final judgement until the Xehanort Saga is done? If they then are still "plotholes" I'll glady join the league. :D

can't really say so without derailing the thread, which I kinda want to avoid
Maybe use VM then if Zero's really that interested? ;)

Silverslide

need some more candy cane
Making another game just gives him an opportunity to fix his plothole, making the story even more convulted. He should just get his shit straight or learn to write a story.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
I lold that every once again people shout for Nomura to introduce new things instead of rehashing and if he does they're dissed as plotholes...hilarious. Why not reserve final judgement until the Xehanort Saga is done? If they then are still "plotholes" I'll glady join the league. :D

Maybe use VM then if Zero's really that interested? ;)

Hey, just because I complain about those nice little "introduced midway in the saga" items doesn't mean I dislike them. Vanitas = Badass. X-Blade...well I didn't like the concept of it even while playing...And Unversed were filler if you think about how they were only created by Vanitas, but it is obviously hinting at a similar enemy that will appear in the future.

I don't deny that these things will be used, but seriously, he didn't need to add any of those plot points in. It just bothered me that this was introduced midway in the plot without any hints of it prior to BBS (or Days). BBS was the game Nomura advertised to fans as the game to fill plotholes that already existed. In the end it made more of them, and now it appear we'll have BBSv2 which will most likely be the true plothole filler.

I don't mind any of that, though. I just want Nomura to employ proper storytelling skills and plan these things before hand rather than throwing things in as he thinks of it.

Because that is exactly what he is doing.

Orion

Prepared To Die
Awards
Nomura's probably just trolling us by making all pre-KH3 games steadily shittier so that when the long-awaited title finally comes people don't quite as badly notice it for how shitty it'll be.

Relentless_Roxas

Nomura's probably just trolling us by making all pre-KH3 games steadily shittier so that when the long-awaited title finally comes people don't quite as badly notice it for how shitty it'll be.

I wouldn't say trolling either. I mean okay yes he's only been making spin-off side "quests" to the main storyline games on console. Although, why people are saying BBS sucked or lacked development or a number of things is besides me. It not only explained the origin of Riku's exploritive side and or how he was chosen along with Sora to weild the keyblade [see scene with Terra], but showed a much darker side to the KH series. I mean how many times in the series did you see this dark of a story? I can't go back and play the original KH game because within about twenty minutes I put it down because it would too Disney and childlike. Its called evolution of a game people. Look at Advent Children. It's original script was only 25 minutes long yet it turned into a deep and rich story told through movie form that hadn't been done before even in CG games. With each spin-off game, Nomura and his team is getting ideas of what they like and do not like in the game i.e. combat controls and storyline. These games are showing more emotion to a game series that has to work with the demons we call Disney. Quit your bitching and just wait people. KHIII will come out, not soon, but in the relative near future. So grab your big boy pants or big girl pants, sit down, grab your DS or PSP or PS2 and enjoy a game series that will go down in history as one of the best colab. series. Square + Disney = Kingdom Hearts.

loke13

Waiting on FF XV and KH3 :D
Hey, just because I complain about those nice little "introduced midway in the saga" items doesn't mean I dislike them. Vanitas = Badass. X-Blade...well I didn't like the concept of it even while playing...And Unversed were filler if you think about how they were only created by Vanitas, but it is obviously hinting at a similar enemy that will appear in the future.

I don't deny that these things will be used, but seriously, he didn't need to add any of those plot points in. It just bothered me that this was introduced midway in the plot without any hints of it prior to BBS (or Days). BBS was the game Nomura advertised to fans as the game to fill plotholes that already existed. In the end it made more of them, and now it appear we'll have BBSv2 which will most likely be the true plothole filler.

I don't mind any of that, though. I just want Nomura to employ proper storytelling skills and plan these things before hand rather than throwing things in as he thinks of it.

Because that is exactly what he is doing.
Lingering questions=/=plot holes.

Dark Wing

Awards
well i dunno about most people but i've enjoyed every Kingdom Hearts game thats been released to date. as for the story... i stopped trying to figure it out after kingdom hearts II came out :p

localorange

Nah.

Days was the only true letdown for me. KH2 was almost there but *shrugs* It was ok. Not the best, but ok as far as the storyline.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back