• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Did...Sora actually lose his groove...and get it back?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Seighart

Awards
We all know he stabbed himself with the keyblade and turned into a heartless releasing his and Ven's heart, but did it ever return to him? All i remember from KH1 is that he hugs Kairi and boom he's back to normal.:confused:

Nayru's Love

Why don't you play in Hell?
Awards
Re: Did...Sora actually lose his heart...and get it back?

Heartless=Hearts

Basically, Sora became a Heartless and then was reverted back to normal, except from then on he was a floating heart. He never "lost" his heart because he was it entirely from then on until KH2.

Zul

Awards

A pureblood heartless is when the darkness of the heart manifests physically, and the heart itself falls into darkness(likely into some metaphysical abyss of the RoD). When a pureblood heartless is slain, it simply vanishes, no heart is released.

This is proven in KH1FM, where when Riku finds himself in the RoD, he hears Mickey say "This is where stolen hearts are gathered".

An emblem heartless is when the darkness of the heart overrides the body and encases the heart in darkness. The heart is imprisoned inside the heartless and released when the heartless is slain.

Sora's heart was "falling" into the darkness after his Heartless manifested, as he himself described that he was falling and forgetting everything.

When Kairi held his heartless, it forged a connection that allowed his heart to break through the darkness and return to the RoL in a new body. If he was a "floating heart" then he would look like a floating orb of light, he was given a new vessel.

A lot of his memories had passed to Roxas though, which is why they merged when they met.

JustSnilloc

Heartless=Hearts

Basically, Sora became a Heartless and then was reverted back to normal, except from then on he was a floating heart. He never "lost" his heart because he was it entirely from then on until KH2.

Correct, Sora existed only of a heart from the time he became a heartless until the time when you play as him in KH2

When Kairi held his heartless, it forged a connection that allowed his heart to break through the darkness and return to the RoL in a new body. If he was a "floating heart" then he would look like a floating orb of light, he was given a new vessel.

A lot of his memories had passed to Roxas though, which is why they merged when they met.

Wrong, hearts by themselves create PPS's were this not so Heartless wouldn't exist

KevVentus

I was always confused about this as well

I didn't understand how the Shadow heartless could have returned as Sora... it was just his darkness

Then Kairi hugs it and he comes back... wut?

Saying that Kairi acted as a guide for his heart to return from the darkness kind of helps, but I still don't understand why the heartless was involved

Which makes me wonder... if a Nobody's corresponding Heartless is pureblood, can they return to their original form?? : S

Nayru's Love

Why don't you play in Hell?
Awards

A pureblood heartless is when the darkness of the heart manifests physically, and the heart itself falls into darkness(likely into some metaphysical abyss of the RoD). When a pureblood heartless is slain, it simply vanishes, no heart is released.

This is proven in KH1FM, where when Riku finds himself in the RoD, he hears Mickey say "This is where stolen hearts are gathered".

Since XH stole Riku's body, Riku's heart had nowhere to go. Thus, the Realm of Darkness took his heart.

Hearts released from artificial Heartless were briefly visible because they stayed in the Realm of the present (or the Realm of Nothingness, if you will). Keep in mind that those hearts never became Heartless; they were only caputred. The hearts of Pureblood Heartless disappear completely because they either return to wherever their body is or resort to a state of suspension.

Not to mention, the primitive and instinctive nature of the Heartless has to come from something, that probably being the heart.

That's my explanation, anyways.

An emblem heartless is when the darkness of the heart overrides the body and encases the heart in darkness. The heart is imprisoned inside the heartless and released when the heartless is slain.
Two problems: I fail to see how this differentiates from your definition of Pureblood, and Emblem Heartless are made from artificial hearts from the start.

Sora's heart was "falling" into the darkness after his Heartless manifested, as he himself described that he was falling and forgetting everything.

Not necessarily Sora's heart, but just Sora in general, I'd say.

XH and, to a lesser extent, Riku, had projected bodies/PPS's, even as floating hearts. They weren't necessarily "new bodies," at least not in the sense that their bodies were real, if you know what I mean.

None of his memories made it to Roxas initially.

Which makes me wonder... if a Nobody's corresponding Heartless is pureblood, can they return to their original form?? : S

Generally, most normal Nobodies originate from Pureblood Heartless; the only other possible way Nobodies can exist without them is for them to be born as a result of heart ejection (ie: MX's old body). Possibly, anyways; not necessarily confirmed.

Last edited:

Seighart

Awards

Heartless=Hearts

I kind of understand, thanks for clearly a bit of my confusion.

Lars

so Sora's heart and ventus heart float away?

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards

so Sora's heart and ventus heart float away?

Nope, Ven's heart couldn't "float" because of its injured state. Ven's heart stayed in Sora's body, that being the reason why Roxas looks like Ven's twin brother, he carried Ven's heart.

Maleficentrix

See i understand all of this...but what I don't get is that....in KH1, and coded....theres that darkside looking heartless that is "sora's heartless", and then the one you had to fight in Neverland on the ship (the pure black sora figure with glowing yellow eyes) and in the end of coded along with the other "darkside" soras heartless i was talking about....so yea now we have three sora's heartless....(shadow one, Darkside one, and black sora)

So yea..i don't get this.....so can someone who actually knows or thinks they know please explain...

Hillboy

MIA
Awards

See i understand all of this...but what I don't get is that....in KH1, and coded....theres that darkside looking heartless that is "sora's heartless", and then the one you had to fight in Neverland on the ship (the pure black sora figure with glowing yellow eyes) and in the end of coded along with the other "darkside" soras heartless i was talking about....so yea now we have three sora's heartless....(shadow one, Darkside one, and black sora)

So yea..i don't get this.....so can someone who actually knows or thinks they know please explain...
Darkside, not Sora's heartless
black sora, not Sora's heartless
The shadow that we see after Sora stabs himself, BINGO Sora's heartless

Jadentheman

Bronze Member

Actually Sora did lose a heart, but it wasn't his. It was Ven's heart that decided tostay into Sora's body and created Roxas

KevVentus

He lost all 3 hearts. Kairi got hers back, Ventus' went to Roxas (along with Sora's body), and Sora's heart was returned to look like him via Kairi Princess of Heart magic.

Hillboy

MIA
Awards

He lost all 3 hearts. Kairi got hers back, Ventus' went to Roxas (along with Sora's body), and Sora's heart was returned to look like him via Kairi Princess of Heart magic.

Look at this guy knowing what he's talking about, I herby give you one internet medal

JustSnilloc

Actually Sora did lose a heart, but it wasn't his. It was Ven's heart that decided tostay into Sora's body and created Roxas

Let's not be confusing now... ><

Ignoring the bolded part, you're correct, Ven's heart just stayed in Sora's body and transformed its appearance when it was transformed into a nobody.

Again ignore the bolded part, it should say: Sora's heart fell into darkness and he became a heartless, however since he willingly became one (a heartless), he kept his consciousness and found Kairi... When Kairi noticed that the Shadow-type heartless that stood before her was Sora she didn't know what to think, but when the other shadows ganged up on her she used her PoH magic to purify Sora's heart of the darkness it was drowned in - This made Sora's Shadow-type heartless PPS go away, and Sora's human PPS is what we saw afterwards. But in any case, whether a shadow or a humanoid PPS, Sora never lost his heart

KevVentus

I think the question has been answered and at this point everyone's just showin' off : P

Shanebooby

This explains the answer without getting confusing. Well worded, sir.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back