• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Differences between versions

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dark Wing

Awards
I don't know if you HAVE to beat RE:CoM before the Japanese voices are unlocked, I have heard several sources state that, but since I played that before KHIIFM I would have already unlocked them so...
Yeah I don't know.
it's true. i beat KHIIFM just the other day. haven't played RE:COM yet and no Japanese dub for me

dlppictures

Awards
Website
dlppictures.blogspot.dk
Two updates on this project. (Good updates.)

I made a video showing the differences I found from starting the game, until Sora's awakening. (Not a whole lot is different, unfortunately.) :frown:

[video=youtube;OouhM2-CkJA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OouhM2-CkJA[/video]

And recently, I've been doing a (semi)speedrun of my JP copy, to get back in the swing of things.
Enter Port Royal, what is the very first thing I notice?
The cannons where you enter the world. In the International versions, when examined, they say "For use in the event of a pirate attack - Commodore Norrington.
However, while I admit that my japanese (and especialy Kanji) is questionable at best. I do know my katakana, and the cannons definately mentions a スワン (suwan) or Swann. IE. The governor. :)

Spoiler Spoiler Show

So Port Royal just keeps on giving more differences. I like it.

Sorry for this update taking so long to happen, but I think I might soon be able to get deeply into it again. Let's hope for the best. :smile:

dlppictures

Awards
Website
dlppictures.blogspot.dk
[video=youtube;7oO8pe_T7SQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7oO8pe_T7SQ&feature=youtu.be[/video]
A Little sneak peak at the next update. :)

Also if anyone has suggestions to how I should handle including the FM exclusive cutscenes, please let me know.

Like, should I do like in the last video, where I show a few seconds from before the FM scene then show the entire scene and then a few seconds of the following scene?
Or Should I only show like the first couple of seconds of a scene and then fade it out?
Or maybe a third suggestion?

Anyway, that's it for now.

ajmrowland

Keyblade Master
Awards
Do like what Fox does with some of their DVDs and show a few seconds before the new scene. How much depends on the moment, so in the case of the scene in one of your previous videos with Riku claiming he's Ansem revealing himself to DiZ, that was perfect. Showing anything after would waste time.

dlppictures

Awards
Website
dlppictures.blogspot.dk
[video=youtube;Qd4OcQbxcjE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qd4OcQbxcjE[/video]

Progress, progress, progress.

The scene where Sora and co find the "Absent Silhouette" (ca. 10:45) I couldn't find any translations, so that's missing.

For the next couple of weeks I will be without a PC, so I can't continue for a while.
Next update, when I get time to do it, will include Disney Castle and Port Royale.

Untill next time.

ajmrowland

Keyblade Master
Awards
I have the game patched in English, so I can post what they say.

Edit: and the puzzle is something called a metagame, which is a term used for big mini-game that spands the main game.

Another Edit: and you seem to have the gist of the translation.

Edit again: BTW, I dont think putting a timer on the different menus is very sensible. PAL DVDs are always known to run slightly faster than NTSC.

Last edited:

dlppictures

Awards
Website
dlppictures.blogspot.dk
It's been a while since the last update, which I will apologize for.
But finally I've pulled myself together to progress this project along.
Partly because I would like it finished before KH HD II.5 is announced/released, but also mainly because of some personal problems, that, if I don't finish this relatively soon, I propably won't for a veeeerrrrryyyyyyyyy long time...

So without further ado, every difference I managed to find from Disney Castle to Twilight Town's second visit.
[video=youtube;6jT6vbZs8xk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6jT6vbZs8xk[/video]

I have recorded footage all the way up till after the 'Battle for Hollow Bastion'/'Battle of a Thousand Heartless', so I might be able to get another update done soon(ish).

Here's to hoping for it at least. :)

ShardofTruth

Unchained
Awards
In the international and Final mix editions, Roxas's models have higher resolution textures. Most noticeable in the checker pattern on his shirt.
It's not just Roxas, many characters were improved, even Sora. I think Mirrorman made this gif:
300znh5.gif

ajmrowland

Keyblade Master
Awards
How come I never noticed that? I played KH2 so many times vanilla..

unless it was in the US version?

Edit: I never wouldve guessed that thing with pete.

Last edited:

Moonlight Aqua

~Living in a dream~
Awards
How come I never noticed that? I played KH2 so many times vanilla..

unless it was in the US version?

Edit: I never wouldve guessed that thing with pete.

Nope, this is FM, which is has extra stuff in KH2 only in Japan, But now with 1.5 and hopefully, 2.5, the games that are sent here are Final Mix, so we'll be able to experience this ourselves. I myself really, want to see the comments Sora writes in the journal. xD

dlppictures

Awards
Website
dlppictures.blogspot.dk
[video=youtube;s8LtbEc62K8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s8LtbEc62K8[/video]

This episode is pretty much only changes made for Final Mix, and 80% is just cutscenes, so this was a quick episode to gather footage from.
Yay \o/

Also a thing I seem to have noticed after uploading, is that after leaving Hollow Bastion at this point. When checking the Journals world entries The Land of Dragons, Beast Castle and Port Royal all have a new paragraph in the story section, saying something along the lines of "Peace has returned to (world name) for now..." However, in JP that paragraph is missing for Beasts castle.
I'll try and remember to mention it in the next update.

Now I just need to find som time to play the worlds second visits. I'll see if I can't do it during next week, since I really do want to finish before Summer vacation.

I'm thinking of maybe skipping the Cavern of Remembrance, since it's not in JP and INT, and I have now showed the scene revealing the cave.
Do you guys think I should skip it? Or should I keep it? If I do keep it, then I would most likely wait untill the end of the series before I show it off. More like a bonus, like I've been planning to do with the Absent Silhouettes.

Nope, this is FM, which is has extra stuff in KH2 only in Japan, But now with 1.5 and hopefully, 2.5, the games that are sent here are Final Mix, so we'll be able to experience this ourselves.

I think ajmrowland already knows what Final Mix is, based on this quote. ;-)
I have Final Mix patched in English, so I can post what they say.

Moonlight Aqua said:
I myself really, want to see the comments Sora writes in the journal. xD
You mean like this? :D

Untill next time...

Last edited:

dlppictures

Awards
Website
dlppictures.blogspot.dk
An update on the project, and where I stand IRL for the time being.

Firstly. I have finished everything in JP. With the only exceptions being Moogle synthesis lvl. (Currently lvl 7 out of 9) and the Hades Paradox Cup. I was never a fan of that cup, and dreaded it here. I did try it out, but died in match 19 after 40ish minutes, and ragequit.
Otherwise all of Jiminy's journal is complete. Lvl 99, mastered all Drive forms and Summon. And I'm ignoring Gummi Ship missions. I even keep forgetting they're even there.

Second. I'm around lvl 50, in PAL. I have just made it into TWTNW, and started grinding Wisdom Form on the (almost) infinte Heartless here. For Worlds I'm missing 100 Acre Wood, and Atlantica. But otherwise things are coming along nicely.

Thirdly. I'm lvl 75 in FM. All worlds are finished. Most Jiminy's journal quests are completed. And I did end up playing through the Cavern of Remembrabce, since I needed a place where I could grind some levels, and most of the good grinding spots in KHII have been nerfed considerably in FM. I also decided to beat Final Xemnas at lvl 75 for 2 reasons. 1; Sora gets a Drive gauge from him. And 2; Otherwise Lingering Sentiment/Thought/Will/Remnant/Whatever won't be unlocked. I have yet to start the Mushroom XIII sidequest, and almost all of the Puzzle pieces I have ignored so far, as I wanted to show them all off at the same time.

Fourth. Would it be possible, if one of you guys could send me a screenshot of the Secret Ansem Report, that mentions Ansems apprentices by name (Secret Ansem Report 3)? I know in US Dilan and Braig are misspelled as Dilin and Bleig respectively (and possibly also Even I have heard?). They fixed the mistranslations in PAL, so it would be a massive help to get such a screenshot. Both because, it will make my project here feel more finished than otherwise. But also because, I wouldn't have to go out and invest in a fourth copy of the exact same game, and play "100%" through it one more time in such a short amount of time.
I really appreciate any help I can get. :)

And finally. The reason why I've sped through the remainder of the games so much this last month, that I've worn myself out twice already, whereas I have taken my time so far to avoid wearing myself out, is that in less than a month I have to move out from my parents 'watchful protection.' And I really want to make as much progress as possible before that, as I don't know when I'll otherwise be able to continue working on it. This very PC I'm on now is my fathers, I've been using to record 80+ hours of footage and Sony Vegas for editing the videos. And from next month I won't have anything to work on, so I'm still crossing my fingers that I can get at least one more full update done before. But as the days pass, my faith is dwindling...

Hope to have an update ready soon.

dlppictures

Awards
Website
dlppictures.blogspot.dk
[video=youtube;-HfviONBbUQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-HfviONBbUQ[/video]

Almost the remainder of the main story in this update.

In this update the two arguably most known differences between JP and Int. Burning Axel, and Sniping Xigbar.
Speaking of Xigbar, I know FM updated the models of the main cast to be more detailed, and I noticed Xigbar's Freeshooter guns are a little darker in FM than the other versions. I just didn't know how to implement it in this video. Maybe I'll make one down the road exclusively detailing the updated models. Idk.

I had to cut a part where I wanted to show how most grinding spots in the game are severely nerfed in FM, but it simply made the video too long for my taste. So I think I need to re-record some of those things another time, when the opportunity arrives.

I realised the other day, thatI had completely neglected all of the level up abilities.
Like what ability do I learn at level 7 and such. I noticed something was very different in FM, when I didn't have neither 'Horizontal Slash' nor 'Explosion' at moments in the game where I was using them constantly in JP and PAL.
So I googled level up charts, and this was the best I could piece together.

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Pasted together from FAQ's and guides by these guys.
http://www.gamefaqs.com/ps2/915410-kingdom-hearts-ii/faqs/58685
http://strategywiki.org/wiki/Kingdom_Hearts_II/Abilities
http://kh-vids.net/threads/level-up-and-bonus-chart.13172/

Also a friendly question;
Would it be possible, if one of you guys could send me a screenshot of the Secret Ansem Report, that mentions Ansems apprentices by name (Secret Ansem Report 3)? I know in US Dilan and Braig are misspelled as Dilin and Bleig respectively (and possibly also Even I have heard?). They fixed the mistranslations in PAL, so it would be a massive help to get such a screenshot. Both because, it will make my project here feel more finished than otherwise. But also because, I wouldn't have to go out and invest in a fourth copy of the exact same game, and play "100%" through it one more time in such a short amount of time.
I really appreciate any help I can get. :)

As I'm writing this, all my stuff has officially been packed, so most likely no more updates for a while. But I promise to return to this as fast as possible.
Untill next time, whenever that may be.

PS,
What the ****** happened here? I have never seen or experienced that before. And since I couldn't replicate it in PAL or FM, I wanted to post it here, in case it turned out to be a JP only thing. That is after all what this thread is all about.
But I will have to do some more testing, when the oppertunity arrives. :smile:

ajmrowland

Keyblade Master
Awards
dlppictures said:
PS,
What the ****** happened here? I have never seen or experienced that before. And since I couldn't replicate it in PAL or FM, I wanted to post it here, in case it turned out to be a JP only thing. That is after all what this thread is all about.
But I will have to do some more testing, when the oppertunity arrives.

From the looks of it, looks like Xemnas did his usual going up the building; just at an angle.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back