• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Different Control Systems in DDD

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

snow_flake40

Awards
Sorry if this has been possted before, but I did a quick search and nothing came up. So here goes...

I was reading over that Famitsu interview about DDD from back in January when I saw/remembered this bit:

Spoiler Spoiler Show

But so far from the screenshots, it looks like Sora and Riku have pretty much identical control systems, at least in relation to the Command Box.

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Sora has 'A' for Attack and 'B' for Command. Riku has 'A' for Attack and 'B' for Command. Also, I'm pretty sure the actual commands in the screenshots so far for each character are the same as well (Fire, Blizzard and Thunder, though I don't know what order).

So far, everything is identical. Then what are these different control methds? Nomura says it's on par with being able to choose Sora's deck in CoM but having a preset deck for Riku. Is it going to be the same with DDD? Being able to choose Sora's Command Deck but being stuck with whatever deck Riku is given for each world?

Personally, I really hope not. It just seems rather obvious if Nomura compares it to CoM and then it turns out that it's exactly CoM. It would also be kinda 'been there, done that'.

Unless I'm looking at this completely wrong. Maybe it's more a case of wall-jumping ability is exclusive to Riku whereas only Sora gets pole-swinging. Or would there be more/less drastic changes between Sora and Riku?

So, what do you guys think the different control systems will be like? Comments, critique and the like are welcome!

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
I wouldn't put too much thought into those two screenshots at this moment. They're normally just used as a placeholder at this stage, hence the terribly generic commands.

Awards
Website
www.youtube.com
I think it would be cool if you jumped by giving the 3ds a slight upward jolt since they have a gyroscope in it.

Perhaps at first, but I can see a lot of people being sick of that after the first level, especially if theres more than one action mapped to moving the 3DS ("I said JUMP, not swing keyblade *death by large body ground slam attack*)
Maybe there will be some option to customise the controls so they resemble the control maps of the previous games

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Sorry if this has been possted before, but I did a quick search and nothing came up. So here goes...

I was reading over that Famitsu interview about DDD from back in January when I saw/remembered this bit:

But so far from the screenshots, it looks like Sora and Riku have pretty much identical control systems, at least in relation to the Command Box.

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Sora has 'A' for Attack and 'B' for Command. Riku has 'A' for Attack and 'B' for Command. Also, I'm pretty sure the actual commands in the screenshots so far for each character are the same as well (Fire, Blizzard and Thunder, though I don't know what order).

So far, everything is identical. Then what are these different control methds? Nomura says it's on par with being able to choose Sora's deck in CoM but having a preset deck for Riku. Is it going to be the same with DDD? Being able to choose Sora's Command Deck but being stuck with whatever deck Riku is given for each world?

Personally, I really hope not. It just seems rather obvious if Nomura compares it to CoM and then it turns out that it's exactly CoM. It would also be kinda 'been there, done that'.

Unless I'm looking at this completely wrong. Maybe it's more a case of wall-jumping ability is exclusive to Riku whereas only Sora gets pole-swinging. Or would there be more/less drastic changes between Sora and Riku?

So, what do you guys think the different control systems will be like? Comments, critique and the like are welcome!

Well, those seem to be shown for attraction purposes. Only the developers can do that "Riku wall jump move" he does in the trailer.
And the commands are just the basics. They could have just been cut and pasted. Once development in further down the line, then we can see what these different control systems will be.

Maxyli138

How the hell am I gonna jump?

Hmm...Dream Drop Distance. Imagine if the whole game you can't jump and only drop. That would be a nightmare for me. I hate it when you can't jump in a game.

Those screenshots probably aren't accurate, just something to keep the gamers on their toes. I'm sure Sora and Riku will have similar control systems so it won't get too complicated, but there will probably be a few differences so it's more interesting switching who you play as.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Hmm...Dream Drop Distance. Imagine if the whole game you can't jump and only drop. That would be a nightmare for me. I hate it when you can't jump in a game.
They wouldn't take jumping out of the game.
The Drop is related to the "Grop Gauge". What it does, however is, is still unknown

Maxyli138

I know, just thinking about what it would be like. Difficulty reaching high places and stuff like that.

snow_flake40

Awards
Yeah, I was probably getting too far ahead of myself. The controls will almost almost undoubtedly be different from the first couple of screenshots and what-not. No need to over-analyse it. :D

Although, fair point. I never even considered the whole 'B' being used for commands rather than good ol' jump. Again, it'll probably change before the final version. Unless they're sticking to the auto-jump from Re:coded? I really hope they don't. The very first thing I did in that game when you got access to the menu was change the jump from Auto to Manual. Auto-jump sucks. FACT.

I hope they don't use the gyroscope to jump. So far, it's looking like the 3D effects will be fairly prominent in this game, and as much as I love my shiny new 3DS, you really can't move it more than a centimetre or so before the effect is lost and your eyes begin to cry out in pain. DDD looks like you're going to be jumping every 2-3 seconds, so jumping by physically moving the 3DS would just be plain painful.

Hopefully the button or whatever for jumping is customisable, so you can set it to whatever your heart desires (for me, just sticking to 'B').

Last edited:

NotaHero21

All I can say is I damn well better be able to change up riku's deck and his equipment, and his commands...otherwise there wont be an emoticon on all the internet to express my disdain with.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back