• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Differing the BbS Video + An Idea

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

bittermeat

デザートタイ&#
Website
heartstation.org
Hey guys, I've been a little MIA since I'm on vacation, but when checked KHI and saw that a trailer had leaked, I couldn't resist posting my two cents. :D

Jump Festa 2008 Trailer vs. Leaked Trailer (Tokyo Game Show)

The trailer that recently leaked IS NOT THE SAME trailer that was played at Jump Festa 2008. I thought this ought to be clarified before people became worried over cut scenes and what not. Just because the following scenes were not in the trailer, they are no less canon. I also wanted to point out that, like the video shows, NO ONE'S helmet was knocked off like what was said in an older report.

Excluded scenes that appeared @ Jump Festa:

bbscut.png

• Action sequence where Ven is shown as playable
  • Terra and Ven chatting about their friendship
  • Mickey training with Yen Sid, Donald, and Goofy
  • Ven in Cinderella's World
  • Terra with Maleficent

That being said, I'm happy to see the leaked clip! BbS looks as good as expected!

In case you failed to notice, the translations for the clip has been available for a while, and for a full script you can check out my signature. The trailer I linked to has overlayed these translations in time with the video, so it clearly defines whats happening. With the new visual, an idea about who MX considers 'the darkness monster' to be.

The Idea

Originally looking at the script, I assumed when MX was talking about a person who "is a monster infused with darkness", he meant the DS. After seeing the clip, I think he was talking about Ven.

In the opening clip of the Jump Festa trailer, they share the following conversation:

Terra is sitting on a rock, Ven is standing.

Terra: Sometime ago you rescued me, right?
Ven: Rescued? It was the natural thing to do, because we're friends.
Terra: Right

Saying as much, Ven begins to laugh. Terra jumps down from a rock, and places a hand upon Ven's shoulder.

Terra: Thanks, Ven

I think they play this clip in order to establish the fact that Ven and Terra are friends on purpose.

Fast forward a bit, and we see the scene where Ven is being tossed around by the DS and Mickey shows up to help him out. At the same time, MX's voice can he heard saying:

"Those that submit to darkness are not qualified to wield the keyblade."

Since Ven is losing, MX may be implying that Ven has too much darkness to properly wield the keyblade, but Mickey disagrees. Kind of placing Ven as a Riku character. In the concept video, we saw that Ven chose the Way to the Dawn, another factor connecting him to Riku.

On a side note, if Ven is this connected to Riku, maybe the reason Roxas looks like Ven is because of Sora's connection to Riku? Now I'm just throwing out spontaneous ideas, but if you consider the scene where Lingering Sentiment (Terra) tells Sora, "I didn't choose you", and assume he was implying he chose Riku, then maybe somehow when Ven was 'erased', a part of him stayed with Riku. So when Sora appeared in front of the LS, he expected Riku carrying a part of Ven, but since he saw Sora, he chose to fight. This is a random idea, don't hold me to it.

Later on when Terra is clasping Ven in one arm, MX says to him:

"Already, that man is a monster infused with darkness. Defeat the darkness and correct my mistake!"

To which Terra summons the keyblade, and claims:

"I don't care about being master. This power, I use for my friends!!"

Gathering from this conversation, MX wants Terra to fight against Ven, but since Ven and Terra are established friends, Terra refuses and chooses to make MX his enemy. For some reason, MX seems out to get Ven, but the reason why isn't clear yet.

And then there is the scene where Ven asks someone to 'erase him'. If Ven is causing Terra grief because MX is right about him being engulfed in darkness, then it makes sense for him to attempt a righteous act of removing himself from the scene.

Anyone else sharing the idea that Ven is the man infused with darkness and not the DS?

Last edited:

Rix

:)
Awards
wow! Exellent! I love your idea! That would make a great plot twist (especially when we find out Vens connection to Roxas or even Sora) Very interesting idea, and very possible!

Ordeith

Great Old One
Awards
Wow, I never would have thought of that, but it makes sense.

Alpha_Sonix

I've haven't thought about it like that before, good theory and rep, though I don't know if about Riku having a part of Ven in him though.

bittermeat

デザートタイ&#
Website
heartstation.org
I've haven't thought about it like that before, good theory and rep, though I don't know if about Riku having a part of Ven in him though.

Yeah, that bit was a little off, but thanks for the feedback!

Terra is a master?Whos master? Ven's master?I wonder about that.

Considering that VAT are all training under a master as apprentices, one could assume they are trying to become masters themselves, you know?

Nintandy

Bronze Member
Ah hah, yes! This is very interesting indeed, it's great to know that all the characters have so much storyline potential. It's just a shame we know so little about Aqua at this particular time.

I like the idea, and hey, it's something to speculate. With all the scenes we've heard of so far, it would fit. Also, it might explain why Ven wishes to be "erased". I never noticed him picking up Way to the Dawn, that's a nice little pickup. Good job!

-- Andy

Ordeith

Great Old One
Awards
Maybe the DS has some sort of link to Ven, instead of Terra, as everyone's been saying.

Essence of Elegy

How long shall you delve into time?
Awards
That makes actual sense. That would explain why Riku was supposed to get the Keyblade. Does mean that Sora was supposed to go to the darkness? That would mean that Riku and Sora sort of switched places, which wasn't supposed to happen.

Nightmare

Reaper of Hell
Website
www.kongregate.com
Terra had a choice of becoming a master and betray Ven, or not become a master and betray MX... and MX wants to get Ven into the dark side... so Ven asks someone on destiny Islands, maybe Aqua, to erase hm, so that Terra could become a master.... thats what i think....

Ordeith

Great Old One
Awards
That makes actual sense. That would explain why Riku was supposed to get the Keyblade. Does mean that Sora was supposed to go to the darkness? That would mean that Riku and Sora sort of switched places, which wasn't supposed to happen.

You're on to something, there...everything fits in. No shaky "Terra clone" theories, just plain facts looked at from a different perspective.

RikusGaurdian

That was a really good theory! Maybe MX wants to kill Ven because Ven is either some sort of trigger to what MX is after, or Ven being alive is keeping MX from his goal.

I dunno why, but I always though Ven would turn out to be some sort of gaurdian of Kingdom Hearts or Light, but your theory makes me think that Ven actually holds something very dark and evil inside him.

Almagest

Later on when Terra is clasping Ven in one arm, MX says to him:

"Already, that man is a monster infused with darkness. Defeat the darkness and correct my mistake!"

To which Terra summons the keyblade, and claims:

"I don't care about being master. This power, I use for my friends!!"

Gathering from this conversation, MX wants Terra to fight against Ven, but since Ven and Terra are established friends, Terra refuses and chooses to make MX his enemy. For some reason, MX seems out to get Ven, but the reason why isn't clear yet.

Too bad there's a problem with that theory. :sad:

In MX's scene where he says "correct my mistake," the background looks like the place in the KH2 secret ending; but, in Terra's scene where he's holding Ven, the background looks like the great maw in Radiant Garden. So they can't be talking to each other because they're in different places.

bittermeat

デザートタイ&#
Website
heartstation.org
Too bad there's a problem with that theory. :sad:

In MX's scene where he says "correct my mistake," the background looks like the place in the KH2 secret ending; but, in Terra's scene where he's holding Ven, the background looks like the great maw in Radiant Garden. So they can't be talking to each other because they're in different places.

It's true, but I'm not going to underestimate MX's power, albeit his powers of transportation. If he was talking to Mickey, then it would make sense if he was talking about DS, the only weird part would be that DS is supposed to be his minion. Besides, the way the video splices things, it makes sense if they were talking to each other. We'll see then.

K

KH15

You all have very convincing ideas. I think they all might be true.

.Oji

赤いテキスト
You're theory seems very... correlative in terms of Riku and Ven. Nevertheless, it does sound plausible.

Perhaps the relationship Riku shared with Ansem (heartless) parallels Ven's relationship with MX. Ansem wanted Riku to embrace darkness in order to use him as some sort of instrument of darkness - maybe it's the same with Ven/MX? Also, this part here got my attention...

And then there is the scene where Ven asks someone to 'erase him'. If Ven is causing Terra grief because MX is right about him being engulfed in darkness, then it makes sense for him to attempt a righteous act of removing himself from the scene.

Sounds familiar?

IMO, it kinda reminds me of Sora stabbing himself with the Heart Unlocker. Assumably, Ven's darkness is from the heart, so in order to remove this darkness, he or someone else removes his heart. This will cause Ven to sleep... like Riku.

YouTube - KH - Re:CoM - RR Intro (English Subs)

Then his heart migrates to Sora(?), and yada yada (I haven't thought this out, much).

INSIDESCOOP?

WOW someone did there homework
nice theories, i think i would rather like it if this really was what was gonna happen

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back