• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Anime/Manga ► Digimon Adventure tri

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

What is your favorite series of Digimon?

• Total voters

Ven_Roxas

Awards
Just saw this last night and, hot take, the best adventure story post the original 02 series is Tri. Kizuna and The Beginning felt rushed. Digimon does better when it has space to breathe. Tri brought in world building and incorporated lore that we knew there was. Kizuna and The Beginning arguably messed with the lore too much. Tri had the time to tell a compelling (sometimes poorly paced) story arc from start to finish that a single movie doesn't have the time to tell.

Phoenix

Legendary Member
Awards
Is that a hot take? I've been out of the fandom for a while. I absolutely loved Tri. It's my favourite version of the 01 cast. They absolutely did not stick the landing in any way, but I still loved it. I did not like Kizuna at all. The conceit didn't make any sense per the lore of the world, the entire focus was on Tai and Matt, which I've honestly always thought are the two most boring characters of the original cast (protag and rival).

I'm also biased because my favourite two are Izzy and Mimi, and Kizuna barely gave me any.

Ven_Roxas

Awards
Wow. I don't think I've ever seen anyone share my opinion. Usually it's how Tri was a mess and Kizuna was this fantastic masterpiece. I don't think Kizuna was bad, but when Digimon has short stories, it's impossible to let the entire cast shine and they focus on a couple kids and thats it. (Though Adventure: 2020 showed they are capable of taking 67 episodes to focus on one kid). So I would say it's a hot take but I'm glad to know it's not as hot as I thought.

Phoenix

Legendary Member
Awards
I would absolutely agree that Tri was an absolute mess. It was full of heart, though. That scene of TK hiding that was happening to Patamon was great. The death of that Digimon at the end (sorry, forgot the name) was really well done. The scene where Tentomon sacrifices himself is actually amazing.

Yeah, Kizuna made me sad, but it felt... artificial, I guess? I understand that the analogy was growing up. But that's never been a Digimon thing. Digimon existing was never tied to a battery bar on a digivice. They're digital programs. It seemed designed to make me cry. Which ok, whatever. I'd rather they expand on the lore of the world and explore different characters. I honestly can't remember a thing about that movie, other than Tai was with Agumon and Matt with Gabumon.

I want to see Izzy and Joe and Sora and Mimi and TK and Kari. I didn't particularly want to see a movie with just Tai and Matt. I guess I might be in the minority there.

Man, this is making me want to watch Tri again.

Back