• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Anime/Manga ► Digimon Adventure tri

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

What is your favorite series of Digimon?

• Total voters

Veevee

Awards
I guess I can probably already be happy about the fact that they fixed Agumon's anatomy. I always thought Tri had a weird design, huge heads, long necks, weird proportions and some of the most soulless artworks Digimon has ever seen. Won't get too excited this time, Tri hit me really, really hard.

Lulcy

Awards
g2i27me7s4541.jpg

TruestSyn

Bronze Member
Awards
I'M SO HAPPY WE GET TO SEE THE 02 KIDS AGAIN! I was depressed we didn't get to see them in Tri (though my favorite Digimon, Imperialdramon, did show up) and can't wait for the rerelease of the D3

Elysium

Be Wiser Than the Serpent
Awards
I only care to see Davis and Ken again... I didn't like any of the others that season (not even Takeru and Kari)

Max

"There's always money in the banana stand."
Staff member
Awards
Love our OG crew, we've been so spoiled lately and I love it

U.N. Owen

Awards
It's a reboot if I saw one. 再 and Ψ are pronounced the same way in Japanese and with the former meaning "again."

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
psiposter_january18_2020.jpg

Apparently, it'll be just called "Digimon Adventure" & takes place in 2020. So yeah, a full-on AU reboot after having the last 5 years & 7 movies on continuations & hyping the last one as "the final time we'll see Tai & Agumon in action".

Would sure be nice if we could get some Tamers nostalgia 1 of these days, Toei.

SweetYetSalty

Awards
Oh a reboot. That's neat.

Maybe Taiora can become Canon this time
Lol, don't strike it out! Taiora needed to happen and my inner child is still weeping that it didn't.

Anyway a reboot on Digimon Adventures? Like how many things are they going to milk with it? Don't get me wrong I'm slightly interested since Adventures is my favorite, but like MATGSY said, why not get some Tamers attention in there? I'd love to see a followup to that one one day.

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
I feel I must've been the only Yamatora fan back when Season 1 was airing. Admittedly, they made it canon in just about the worse way possible: making them a couple without explanation or build-up, barely show them as a couple ever, & seemingly having it happen more for the sake of Tai getting rejected than for the couple itself. & Then Tri did nothing to help by choosing to ignore it & hope nobody notices & then last second half-assing TaixR63Wallace. At this point, Last Evolution should just bite the bullet & go for the threesome option.

Although I would love to them go deep & bring back Rei Saiba:

D

Deleted member 246005

I'm not excited for the Adventures reboot but if today's kids dig it, its all good.

Elysium

Be Wiser Than the Serpent
Awards
Lol, don't strike it out! Taiora needed to happen and my inner child is still weeping that it didn't.
I didn't really like Taiora, but I kind of assumed it was going to happen... And I wish it had happened instead of Yamato and Sora in DA02.

I know there are a lot of Tamers fans out there. I can't be sad Adventure keeps getting so much attention since it was the only season I was attached to myself.

Veevee

Awards
I honestly don't care if they reboot Taiora or leave it at Sorato - as a kid and a teen, I was kinda devastated they coupled Yamato and Sora at the end, but as an adult, I grew accustomed to the pairing and accepted it. What bothers me more is how they've been handling it - Yamato and Sora hardly had any meaningful interaction in Tri and the one I can recall where Yamato COULD'VE consoled her, he's basically all "duh, dunno what to do, won't do anything". He has never been the best at expressing feelings, but it just felt ... lazy. Lazy of him and lazy writing, something Tri and its weird love tri-angle (pun intended) generally suffered from.
Even though I'm a huge fan of Adventure and even more, of 02, I have mixed feelings about the reboot ... yeah, it's kinda great that a younger generation can now experience Digimon, but on the other hand, I'd have preferred a new story or a different approach .. there were many great concepts throughout the seasons, e.g. parallel worlds based on wishes, the dark ocean and its inhabitants looking for a queen, the original Digidestined and other concepts that were only vaguely brought up and never really explored.

Also, I'm currently watching Savers / Data Squad for the first time. I'm at episode 5 and it's .. yeah, different. Not essentially bad, but the pacing feels so off, the characters feel weird and onedimensional and until now, the predictable structure doesn't help much. I'll stick to watching it, but I'm really hoping it gets better.

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
Tri was a nonsensical mess in general. The lack of concern the gang had for the 02 kids, especially when they had to put down Imperialdramon, will forever stain the franchise.

I liked Data Squad better when it was just filler monster of the week plots before the actual plot kicked in. Some of the things that happen later are just silly.

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
Tri was a nonsensical mess in general. The lack of concern the gang had for the 02 kids, especially when they had to put down Imperialdramon, will forever stain the franchise.

I liked Data Squad better when it was just filler monster of the week plots before the actual plot kicked in. Some of the things that happen later are just silly.
Totally agree about Imperialdramon. They didnt even bother reaching out towards him

SweetYetSalty

Awards
I've only seen the first movie of Tri so far and...other then having some of the original voice cast back I was underwhelmed by it. From what I hear of future events they spit on the 02 cast. I'm not a huge lover of the 02 cast but that is so disrespectful to that season and those characters.

I also didn't like those adults that were working with the team. The Digidestined answer to no one but Gennai. I didn't even see him in the Tri movie, but I'm sure they mention him in future ones.

Back