• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Anime/Manga ► Digimon Adventure tri

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

What is your favorite series of Digimon?

• Total voters

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
I've only seen the first movie of Tri so far and...other then having some of the original voice cast back I was underwhelmed by it. From what I hear of future events they spit on the 02 cast. I'm not a huge lover of the 02 cast but that is so disrespectful to that season and those characters.

I also didn't like those adults that were working with the team. The Digidestined answer to no one but Gennai. I didn't even see him in the Tri movie, but I'm sure they mention him in future ones.
Oh God, Gennai. I somehow blocked that out of my mind completely. :mad: Ugh, you'll see.

That said, the other adults, there is a point to them revealed in time.

SweetYetSalty

Awards
Oh God, Gennai. I somehow blocked that out of my mind completely. :mad: Ugh, you'll see.

That said, the other adults, there is a point to them revealed in time.
Lol, I guess Gennai sucks in this version. I'll keep my expectations low...I've been slow with watching Tri only hearing things here and there. Like apparently they had the Digimon Emperor in there again only it wasn't really Ken? And Leomon died again. How many times has that cat been deleted now?

Elysium

Be Wiser Than the Serpent
Awards
I've only seen the first movie of Tri so far and...other then having some of the original voice cast back I was underwhelmed by it. From what I hear of future events they spit on the 02 cast. I'm not a huge lover of the 02 cast but that is so disrespectful to that season and those characters.
Well... UO here, but to me 02 spit on Digimon Adventure first. I would rather they pretended it didn't exist at all. But I agree about Gennai.

SweetYetSalty

Awards
Well... UO here, but to me 02 spit on Digimon Adventure first. I would rather they pretended it didn't exist at all. But I agree about Gennai.
I won't dispute that, as I'm not the biggest 02 fan either. But they have their own fans and if they weren't going to do anything positive with them then just don't even bring them up at all. Not sure if that would have been better or worse.

2 quid is good

Awards
I have bad taste and incredibly low standards, so even though I wasn't on board with a lot of the undercooked part of Tri (it gets a little messy haha) the cast interactions (minus Meiko) were A1 for me, especially TK and Kari. Tri was totally nostalgia bait with little substance and that was fine with me although I totally understand and would never fault people for their rightful issues with it.

That said, the bait never stops working on me because I've already fallen hard for Last Kizuna. I love the way it looks, although I am a little disappointed in the direction they took Sora's character in the new short. I hope that's not the last we see of her. And I know that the directors said they wouldn't overstep 02s ending but c'mon

DraceEmpressa

Awards
And then Adventure 01 get another reboot.... Man, Toei really can't make anything good since the 2010s I guess, they literally have ruined every single franchise they had rights to.Even the Netflix Saint Seiya one was major disappointment as well.

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards
I was thinking of purchasing the entire Tri movie set, but someone told me that all of the events are not canon? The only reason I would watch them is to see the other Digimon get their mega levels, as I was also informed that the films were all very bad and a total disservice to the original series. Can anyone verify this?

bobgoesw00t

Awards
Website
bobgoesw00t.tumblr.com
I was thinking of purchasing the entire Tri movie set, but someone told me that all of the events are not canon? The only reason I would watch them is to see the other Digimon get their mega levels, as I was also informed that the films were all very bad and a total disservice to the original series. Can anyone verify this?
I watched all six movies when they got released and if we're talking about disservice to the original series, this only applies to the character from Adventure 02. Taichi and the others that where with him in Adventure are OK IMO, but when it comes to Daisuke, Iori, Miyako and Ken...HOLY F*UCKING $H!TBALLS DID TOEI F*CK THEM OVER!!! Literally within the first 5 mintues of Saikai, it shows something happening to Daisuke and friends and based on various moments in the next two movies (along with the fact that Takeru and Hikari don't even NOTICE THEY'RE M.I.A.!!!) alot of us got the impression that whatever happened to Daisuke's group was gonna be a pretty big plot line somewhere down the line, only SURPRISE MOFOS, ACCORDING TO TOEI, THEY DON'T EVEN EXIST!!! I $h!t you not, the only other time they ACTUALLY SHOW UP IS
Spoiler Spoiler Show
!!! Toei COMPLETELY f*ucked Daisuke and the other 02 kids in tri to the point that the ONLY way myself and probably most of the other fans will forgive them is if they have a HUGE part in Last Evolution Kizuna, like they need to be on screen AT LEAST 50% of the time. Or better yet, GIVE THEM THE SEQUEL THEY DESERVE WITHOUT TAICHI AND THEM...Hikari and Takeru are fine IMO since they also had a large role in 02. Still holding onto hope that someday we'll FINALLY get that continuation to Tamers... :3

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards
I watched all six movies when they got released and if we're talking about disservice to the original series, this only applies to the character from Adventure 02. Taichi and the others that where with him in Adventure are OK IMO, but when it comes to Daisuke, Iori, Miyako and Ken...HOLY F*UCKING $H!TBALLS DID TOEI F*CK THEM OVER!!! Literally within the first 5 mintues of Saikai, it shows something happening to Daisuke and friends and based on various moments in the next two movies (along with the fact that Takeru and Hikari don't even NOTICE THEY'RE M.I.A.!!!) alot of us got the impression that whatever happened to Daisuke's group was gonna be a pretty big plot line somewhere down the line, only SURPRISE MOFOS, ACCORDING TO TOEI, THEY DON'T EVEN EXIST!!! I $h!t you not, the only other time they ACTUALLY SHOW UP IS
Spoiler Spoiler Show
!!! Toei COMPLETELY f*ucked Daisuke and the other 02 kids in tri to the point that the ONLY way myself and probably most of the other fans will forgive them is if they have a HUGE part in Last Evolution Kizuna, like they need to be on screen AT LEAST 50% of the time. Or better yet, GIVE THEM THE SEQUEL THEY DESERVE WITHOUT TAICHI AND THEM...Hikari and Takeru are fine IMO since they also had a large role in 02. Still holding onto hope that someday we'll FINALLY get that continuation to Tamers... :3
I mean I will always be a fanboy for Adventure 01, but I liked the 02 squad. Did the movies erase 02 from even happening or was it that they just vanished and no one cared about them for 2 movies?

Veevee

Awards
I mean I will always be a fanboy for Adventure 01, but I liked the 02 squad. Did the movies erase 02 from even happening or was it that they just vanished and no one cared about them for 2 movies?

The latter. The handlung of the 02 cast was the biggest insult Tri did, imo. I'm a huge lover of the 02 cast - but even if I wasn't, that would be unacceptable. Takeru and Hikari literally go to Ken's house after seeing the Digimon Emperor rearised, knock, see that he obviously home and just ... leave. Nothing else. Not checking on Yolei and Cody (who live in the same apartment as Takeru and his mom), no checking on Daisuke. When the movies released, there were a lot of theories about parallel worlds, amnesia and so on, but no - they just wrote the 02 kids out and no one bat an eye about that. The best they gave was "we hid their disappearance from you" - no, you didn't, they literally showed up at Ken's house, they just didn't care. Tri is so bad in so many ways. Ugh. And you don't even get to see them at the end ...

SweetYetSalty

Awards
I have mixed feelings on the Digimon Adventure trailer. So far it just shows Tai and Agumon with some Izzy sprinkled in there. Regardless of what happens or if this turns out to be the best Digimon anime ever, I will always kinda frown a little on it for having to resort to Pokemon's tactics of nostalgia pandering. For those that don't know I highly criticized the Pokemon anime on it's overuse of the character Ash and how he was far past his prime and should have been replaced over a decade ago. And even though Digimon was less successful I always applauded how they changed things up without becoming a stale mess. But I guess even they have limits and I can't fully fault them for that. But they just did Tri and another movie. So again I'll be open minded about this, but a part of me is a bit disappointed. I know it's a business move and munny talks but still...

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards
I have mixed feelings on the Digimon Adventure trailer. So far it just shows Tai and Agumon with some Izzy sprinkled in there. Regardless of what happens or if this turns out to be the best Digimon anime ever, I will always kinda frown a little on it for having to resort to Pokemon's tactics of nostalgia pandering. For those that don't know I highly criticized the Pokemon anime on it's overuse of the character Ash and how he was far past his prime and should have been replaced over a decade ago. And even though Digimon was less successful I always applauded how they changed things up without becoming a stale mess. But I guess even they have limits and I can't fully fault them for that. But they just did Tri and another movie. So again I'll be open minded about this, but a part of me is a bit disappointed. I know it's a business move and munny talks but still...
The thing that I liked about Digimon was that each season (specifically the first four seasons) were always about a specific story being told. It wasn't an endless tale like Pokemon. I didn't mind Pokemon's format as a kid, but to see what it's turned into after however many years since I first started and stopped watching is so strange. It's wash, rinse, and repeat. I get that it works as old fans leave and new fans come in to the series, but I appreciated that Digimon stuck to an actual plot each season.

I'm not sure how I feel about this reboot, mainly because I don't like the design of the Digital World at all. Also, I don't see why they have to reboot the original story. If they were going to reboot it, I would have made MAJOR changes to it. For example, I would have aged them up and made it more mature, maybe even change the art style. At least then it would have a chance to be its own thing. When I look at this reboot, I just see the original with design updates and modernization in the setting - that's it. Also, I kind of feel like Digimon itself was a story born out of its time period. Technology was just beginning to grow - the internet was barely a thing in homes. It was cool to see stuff like the D-Terminals that could send texts before that was really a thing.

I'm going to give this a chance when it's released because I love the first season characters so much, but I really hope that the Digital World has nature and stuff and isn't just all "digital" looking.

Ven_Roxas

Awards
I just finished a 5-week (all quarantine) binge of adventure, 02, and tri. Honestly, My opinion if tri has changed tremendously. I think the distance between each installment hurt it. It had a slow start, but watching it directly after both seasons of adventure, it made sense. My only real complaint is how they handle the 02 cast, but the movie series seemed like a nice, mature step into less little kid anime IMO. (Also, who is the 5th person Tai finds with the 02 cast?).

02 was slightly problematic in some areas. The dropped story arcs of demon and the dark ocean, and opening the season with Tai in the digital world just because? I think Ken’s arc, arukennimon, owikawa, and then myotismon was good. The base story of this season was good, the add-ons of dropped arcs and well as disregard for the weight of the ending of adventure kind of didn’t sit well, as well as no familiar locations on the digital world. I enjoyed it though.

the mysteries that were brought up in adventure were addressed in tri, which I really appreciated. Homeostasis and the original digidestined. It tied up those loose threads and expanded the lore. All in all, I’m here for it and I think 02 was the week link in the Adventure saga. I’ll see Last Evolution on blue ray in July to see how that goes.

added tidbit, the reboot is looking promising. Thoroughly enjoyed the first three episodes and look forward to what is to come.

KudoTsurugi

Awards
So, we're about 12 episodes into the reboot Digimon Adventure:.
How's everybody finding it so far?

Ven_Roxas

Awards
I’m enjoying it. I like how they are using some older digimon that weren’t in the anime (metaltyranomon for example). With how soon some things have happened, I’m anxious to see how they move forward.

KudoTsurugi

Awards
Same. I'm enjoying the show so far, and how they've shaken things up in the beginning by having only get to the Digital World by Ep.3. The slower introductions to the overall cast also helps in pacing. And the digivolution sequences are pretty awesome to see, though I do wish Agumon and Gabumon weren't the only ones to get the fancier sequences.

On a somewhat related note, can we get this thread's name changed to it being a general Digimon thread? Tri's been over for some time.

Ven_Roxas

Awards
Alrighty, with the Adventure reboot more than halfway over, how’s everyone feeling?

I personally thought it started strong. I really enjoyed everything up to the Final SkullKnightmon fight. But then it felt like filler after filler.

My two biggest complaints are the fact that they can’t seem to keep the kids together. Every episode has some reason that they are separating and can’t help each other. What was the point of them all finding each other if they were just going to spit up in every episode. My second complaint is the lack of real world involvement. The best parts of Digimon for me have always been the implications and direct threats of having the two worlds. In 1999, the kids were trying to get home and then they were trying to save both worlds. The real world was central. After the ISS situation, crickets about the real world. I’m sticking with this series though because I am enjoying it, but it’s not as good as it started out and not as good as it could be. But hopefully that’ll change in the future.

Back