• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Disappointed with Days?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Aqua.

ichimaru gin~ <3
no shit of course.

and probably not everyone here spent 60 bucks importing this. probably some hax or shit that ppl use for DS. i thought u could download it though..ROM or something

Chakolat Strawberry

caramel delight
Awards
I'm buying the game just to check out the gameplay, because that looks pretty fun.
Regarding storyline, don't give a shit about that.
Hopefully from what I see, I can hope BBS will be the very thing that will redeem the KH series since it has the greatest potential out of the three side games to have the best story, characters and gameplay and it will be a real shame if they waste it. I mean, they're using small pieces of movies and tying it with original elements of the main BBS story to make one awesome game. That's something you haven't seen since the first Kingdom Hearts. Nomura has Watanabe but it seems that a writer wasn't able to do utter jack to save the storyline although Nojima would had made the game complete shit storyline-wise.
As awesome as BBS looks, it does have the chance of going down the same path as KH2 did.
That goes both gameplay-wise and storyline-wise. (Nomura said TAV's super powerful, so that could mean, you know, easy gameplay. But there could be powerful enemies too, so..) This is why I'm not getting overhyped for BBS, because it comes out as a failure, then all that hyped, wasted. Everyone was really hyped for KH2, look what happened.

The good thing about Days is, it wasn't that hyped. :/
Nomura's losing his touch and even great games like CoM failed to maintain a balance between Disney and original. This is why I believe that Days would had been better judged as a novel and not just some poorly executed game. Regardless, the gameplay is at least more challenging than II without the Reaction Commands so I commend him for that although I blame that on tech limitations of the DS.
I found the novels better than the game, the Organization's daily life/Roxas' time in the Organization was portrayed much better. I mean, really, why couldn't they use some things from the novel in the game? Roxas and Axel freeing Maleficent's bird from its cage, Rikunort/Xemnas encounter...if they went by the novel (well, not completly going by the novel :/) then I would find the storyline much better, IMO.

What's sad is, the manga looks better than the game, and the manga normally sucks compared to the game.
TWEWY, FF3 and FF4 were good Square Enix games for the DS and I see that Days doesn't deserve to be called a good game.
Eh. Days was good. Not great, but good.
From what I saw of the cutscenes, it was all about Xion hogging the glory. Not Roxas. Not Organization XIII. They really could had fleshed out the Organization and without Xion, I'm sure there is sufficient reason for Roxas to leave but they ret-conned it.
That's what pisses me off the post. Xion taking away the limelight from most of the members who needed proper development. If anything, some members weren't developed properly. I mean, seriously, Marluxia was having a boner for Roxas' Keyblade. Why give the spotlight to someone we will probably never see again or have any importance in the storyline? (not to mention Xion's character is bland) If Xion was put in there to make Days seem like Days to not seem like Organization fanservice - Axel and Roxas in particular, they did a fail job at covering that up.

I could think of better reasons for Roxas to leave, to be honest.
And from some of the posts I see that you wish to write KH, I'm sure that you would had made a better plot than what we're going to be spoon-fed but for the gameplay, I'll buy it.
If some people from KHI wrote KH it does have a chance of being better. It'll be different, but better.

Superschlock

Don't you step out of line
Awards
I also didn't how horrible the graphics of the weapons were, I mean really, if they could get the characters to look like tehy did, they could have put a little more effort into improving the weapons, I mean, really, you could see the space between the two layers of pixels slapped together to make them, and the Keyblade was almost completely flat...

A

Azrael

I also didn't how horrible the graphics of the weapons were, I mean really, if they could get the characters to look like tehy did, they could have put a little more effort into improving the weapons, I mean, really, you could see the space between the two layers of pixels slapped together to make them, and the Keyblade was almost completely flat...

thats nintendo ds for you and s-e. lazy bastards

*TwilightNight*

Bronze Member
Awards
Actually, the graphics have more to do with the fact that they are in a close-up pan, or are ripped from Days and into the computer.

I'm certain that when you play the game in the actual DS, the weapons would look fine, and perfect. There has never been any complaints on that regard.

You can't really base that off of YouTube or a video. It's not the same. It lowers quality.

Fahrvergnugen, did you actually play the game?

Superschlock

Don't you step out of line
Awards
Actually, the graphics have more to do with the fact that they are in a close-up pan, or are ripped from Days and into the computer.

I'm certain that when you play the game in the actual DS, the weapons would look fine, and perfect. There has never been any complaints on that regard.

You can't really base that off of YouTube or a video. It's not the same. It lowers quality.

Fahrvergnugen, did you actually play the game?

Uh yeah, I own it, and the weapons are terrible

Kiwi +

Push Ethan Page!
Awards
haven't played it. but it doesn't look bad at all. almost here!:36:

Memory Master

Gold Member
Awards
IMO, Days was good and probably the best DS game out there. However the game really could have been better. I was thinking yesterday and I came up with a pretty good idea.

We all know that 358/2 days skipped alot of days. Well I think instead of skipping those days, we should have been able to play as Riku and see his side of the story during those skipped days.

Then for the final battle we would play as Roxas and beat Riku in his normal form. Then when Riku turns into XH we play as Riku/XH and beat Roxas.

This would also have given more meaning to the title 358/2 days, meaning 358 days telling the story of 2 people, those 2 people being Riku and Roxas.

I think days would have been better with this and also should have had more disney bosses.

A

Azrael

IMO, Days was good and probably the best DS game out there. However the game really could have been better. I was thinking yesterday and I came up with a pretty good idea.

We all know that 358/2 days skipped alot of days. Well I think instead of skipping those days, we should have been able to play as Riku and see his side of the story during those skipped days.

Then for the final battle we would play as Roxas and beat Riku in his normal form. Then when Riku turns into XH we play as Riku/XH and beat Roxas.

This would also have given more meaning to the title 358/2 days, meaning 358 days telling the story of 2 people, those 2 people being Riku and Roxas.

I think days would have been better with this and also should have had more disney bosses.

Days was the story of Roxas and Xion, two parts of Sora. Ah doy!

But I wished we had a Reverse/ Rebirth but we would have needed to have Days on the Wii.

Memory Master

Gold Member
Awards
Days was the story of Roxas and Xion, two parts of Sora. Ah doy!

But I wished we had a Reverse/ Rebirth but we would have needed to have Days on the Wii.

Yeah I know it was the story of Roxas and Xion but I think it would have been better had it meant 358/2 = 358 days telling the story of 2 characters those being Roxas and Riku.

I mean we hardly found out anything about what Riku was doing. Honestly they should have used stuff from the novels for days.

Like for example Axel returned from CO on day 71 then they totaly forget about the novels (which are suppose to be canon) and on day 72 he and Roxas go to Twilight Town. According to the novels on day 72 the organization had a meeting where Xemnas expressed his dissapointment in Axel for failure to keep Namine from escaping. Axel made up a story where he barely escaped CO alive and Namine escaped during the whole thing so he would'nt look like a traitor in front of Xemnas.

To punish Axel for Namine's escape (Xemnas actualy believed Namine's escape was an accident according to Axel's fake story) he sends Axel and Roxas to Hollow Bastion where the two battle some shadows and free Maleficent's bird.

But no Nomura forgot about that it replaced it with some minor mission to Twilight Town.

358/2 Days contradicts the novels alot and they are both suppose to be canon. I think they need to go back and keep the basic story line but redo 358/2 days story.

Memory Master

Gold Member
Awards
I was really hoping for a new world that BBS so that kh3 could sound more probable

Ya know they could have had Roxas interact with more disney characters and just use the excuse that when Roxas fused with Sora in KH2 that all the disney characters forgot about Roxas.

And when did Meg meet Hercules? They never showed that in days so when did she meet him?

See Days does'nt make alot of sense.

blacksamurai2

Bronze Member
That is your opinion. Basically the game was made for the insight on Roxas. Nothing had to rock your world, Nomura wanted to just show Roxas in the org and how other Nobodies no him. This is all the hype for KH3
This, I point out again for the reason.

Chakolat Strawberry

caramel delight
Awards
KH2 does correspond with Days in a way. Not really though.
That is your opinion. Basically the game was made for the insight on Roxas and the gameplay/multiplayer Nothing had to rock your world, Nomura wanted to just show Roxas in the org and how other Nobodies no him. This is all the hype for KH3
Proves how pointless Days really was. We could've gone on with the general story without knowing Roxas' time in the Organization. It barley filled any plot holes KH2 left behind/made.

And obviously Nomura would have to make the game entertaining somehow.
This game fails hard

'nuff said.
Such a plain answer. I would love to hear why.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back