• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

[DISCUSSION] Do you think the Master of Masters finally revealed who he really is?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

EighteenEighty

Awards
In KHUX. The Master of Masters reveals his backstory to Luxu that he was once a boy that participated in the Keyblade War against the 13 Darknesses. These sentient Darknesses took on the form of humans before they rejected their physical forms and became a hivemind. The Master lost many of his allies and swore revenge but it's also kinda weird that he said to Luxu that the other keyblade wielders didn't matter since they just died. The Master of Masters also revealed his grand plan to Luxu against the 13 Darknesses, that in order to defeat them. Why not just give them a physical form to possess? Since these Darknesses lose their physical form.

The Master mentioned that the Keyblade War that he participated is about a neverending war between light and darkness. You might think the story is similar to Sora where he and his friends first lose against Master Xehanort but in reality, it's not. The 13 Darknesses and Organization 13 are two different groups, it's kinda weird to introduce another group of darknesses that is affiliated with the number 13.

What I'm trying to say here is after everything that he told to Luxu he seems like a different character now in my opinion. It's kinda funny that we used to think of him as Sora from another dimension, Demyx, Riku, Ventus or any other character that we already know. In fact, I actually kinda don't mind if he reveals his identity or finally shows his face it's no longer shocking anymore. Because like Sora and Xehanort, he's just another keyblade wielder that we are about to meet.

His backstory is about a neverending war against the darkness, losing his friends or allies, became a master of six individuals that raised who became a master in their own right, created a union system where keyblade wielders fight off for their own light.

In my opinion, the only character who I'm interested to look out more is Luxu. Luxu as for now is a walking mystery. One of Master's apprentices who disagreed with his grand plan and of course we also know him as Xigbar.

LoneFox

Awards
He hides in a special suit and refuses to reveal his true appearance. He knows almost everything, but talks in riddles, and is generally impossible to understand. He is involved in a cyclical war that repeats on time scale much longer than human lifespan. There is a connection between the previous and the current cycle via time travel. The main opponents in the war are beings that appear to be made of pure evil. They have a hive mind of sorts; can be invisible; and ask the question, "What do you want?"

That is a description of Vorlon ambassador Kosh and the Shadows from Babylon 5. You can probably see why I'm talking about them here. Now, the question is, how much of a Vorlon the Master of Masters really is? Remember the episode where Kosh had to come out of his suit, revealing what he looks like?

Also, a couple of minor corrections:
The Master lost many of his allies and swore revenge but it's also kinda weird that he said to Luxu that the other keyblade wielders didn't matter since they just died.
He didn't say that they died, did he? It probably did happen, but I don't think that is the reason why he says they didn't matter...

The 13 Darknesses and Organization 13 are two different groups, it's kinda weird to introduce another group of darknesses that is affiliated with the number 13.
In both cases, the number 13 comes from the 13 dark pieces of the shattered χ-blade. The Darknesses are probably more or less directly associated with them, and Xehanort got the number from the lore. There is nothing weird about it.

Phoenix

Legendary Member
Awards
He hides in a special suit and refuses to reveal his true appearance. He knows almost everything, but talks in riddles, and is generally impossible to understand. He is involved in a cyclical war that repeats on time scale much longer than human lifespan. There is a connection between the previous and the current cycle via time travel. The main opponents in the war are beings that appear to be made of pure evil. They have a hive mind of sorts; can be invisible; and ask the question, "What do you want?"

That is a description of Vorlon ambassador Kosh and the Shadows from Babylon 5. You can probably see why I'm talking about them here. Now, the question is, how much of a Vorlon the Master of Masters really is? Remember the episode where Kosh had to come out of his suit, revealing what he looks like?

Also, a couple of minor corrections:

He didn't say that they died, did he? It probably did happen, but I don't think that is the reason why he says they didn't matter...

In both cases, the number 13 comes from the 13 dark pieces of the shattered χ-blade. The Darknesses are probably more or less directly associated with them, and Xehanort got the number from the lore. There is nothing weird about it.
One small correction! What do you want is the Shadows' question. The Vorlons ask "who are you?", if I recall correctly.

Last edited:

LoneFox

Awards
One small correction! What do you want is the Shadows' question.
...and if you read it carefully, that's exactly what I wrote.
Now, you can have some fun looking for instances of those questions (all four of them) in UX. Each of them is there at least once. Also, note the big "Who are you?" between Xigbar and Luxord in ReMind. Of course, all of them could be just coincidences, as they are common questions that do appear in everyday speech. But how many is too many to be so?

Back